AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll take a stab at the debt - loan! To me, an accountant, a woman that age with that kind of debt bothers me. Most of us use credit cards when we are younger and buying homes and raising young families.

Can you imagine the monthly interest on a $13,000 credit card bill at say 16% interest!
So I ask myself what's she buying?

Neither of them were spring chickens they were older parents when they had Jayme.
If they had house damage in 2017 why not take out a small home equity loan? If Jayme had medical bills same thing.

I'm pretty sure my husband would flinch at a $13,000 credit card bill as would I if he presented me with one!

What was being charged? Questions we ponder.
perhaps credit cards are easier to obtain than a home equity loan?

I am having the same problem about being confused.

My confusion is trying to understand the link between Denise's private financial matters such as taken a loan out on their home sometime ago and how that could possibly have any relevancy to the parents being murdered and Jayme taken???

I dont even know who brought it up now but I have tried my best to understand how it links to the murders and abduction.

Although I couldnt understand either when someone suggested Denise's years old debt she settled long ago somehow is linked. LOL

If you know Kat.....please explain it to me. Tia

Jmo
I agree, if anything, if it were the opposite it might be interesting, like wow, 2 people working at Jennie-O turkey have amassed $2.5 million. But that's not the case. Regular working low income folks just trying to get by. I see nothing in that to link to what happened.

That is possible, but why these people? That type of thrill kill + kidnap is actually rare. What facts would put that at the top of the list?
I base it on absolutely nothing. That was just my opinion.

I disagree. That little group kept secrets because they all had them and it didn’t take long for LE TO FIGURE it out and break two of them. Those parents in that section of the area live a total different lifestyle. They don’t keep track of kids and teach them very little respect or restraint.
I agree with all your points but wasn't speaking of those actually involved. I was responding to a comment that teenagers can't refrain from talking about what they may know. Teenagers, especially in a small town, know better then adults what other teenagers are capable of and stay quiet because of fear.

I agree with all your points but wasn't speaking of those actually involved. I was responding to a comment that teenagers can't refrain from talking about what they may know. Teenagers, especially in a small town, know better then adults what other teenagers are capable of and stay quiet because of fear.
I somewhat agree about teens not being able to refrain themselves. But not in the same context. Teens talk among other teens, usually not to adults, about what they may know.
Myself & a dear friend of mine had experienced this when our teens took off after school instead of coming home. We called all of our kids friends & not one of them admitted to knowing their whereabouts....we both found out (after these kids thought everything had blown over) that they did in fact know exactly where our teens went that day. MOO

Revenge is a motive to consider, although I'm pretty stuck on the perp just wanting Jayme. jmo
I gotta ask: why?

I know you only by what you post, but from that I’ve developed a respect for how you think. But this I just don’t get. I don’t see anything that indicates the perp just wanted Jayme. Aside from the obvious (Jayme’s gone), what are you seeing that I’m not?

perhaps credit cards are easier to obtain than a home equity loan?

Yes, much easier. Credit cards they just run a credit check and you self-report income. HELOCs are usually like a mini-mortgage where they require proof of income. If their income was not very high they may not have qualified for much of a loan. Technically you'd think a home equity loan or HELOC would be easy to get but after the financial crisis many banks have clamped down on lending - they don't really want to end up with another house. They want to see that you can pay back the loan without relying on the home equity.

I somewhat agree about teens not being able to refrain themselves. But not in the same context. Teens talk among other teens, usually not to adults, about what they may know.
Myself & a dear friend of mine had experienced this when our teens took off after school instead of coming home. We called all of our kids friends & not one of them admitted to knowing their whereabouts....we both found out (after these kids thought everything had blown over) that they did in fact know exactly where our teens went that day. MOO
Oh boy, that brought back memories. Yes! Yes! and yes!

Which is why LE needs to listen to anyone close to Jayme very carefully.

Yes, much easier. Credit cards they just run a credit check and you self-report income. HELOCs are usually like a mini-mortgage where they require proof of income. If their income was not very high they may not have qualified for much of a loan. Technically you'd think a home equity loan or HELOC would be easy to get but after the financial crisis many banks have clamped down on lending - they don't really want to end up with another house. They want to see that you can pay back the loan without relying on the home equity.

Though the home equity loan usually has a way lower interest rate.

I gotta ask: why?

I know you only by what you post, but from that I’ve developed a respect for how you think. But this I just don’t get. I don’t see anything that indicates the perp just wanted Jayme. Aside from the obvious (Jayme’s gone), what are you seeing that I’m not?
Thank you.
Nothing was taken afaik other than Jayme. Her parents would have stood in the way of this person taking her so they were quickly eliminated (seemingly). afaik there is no relations or history with criminal activity by either parent. I'm not hearing about enemies, personal debts, drugs, or anything else. The theory I'm pretty stuck on equals the motive being taking Jayme since she was taken alive after her parents were murdered. jmo. This crime strikes me as up close and personal.
I reserve the right to change my mind at anytime. :)

Thank you.
Nothing was taken afaik other than Jayme. Her parents would have stood in the way of this person taking her so they were quickly eliminated (seemingly). afaik there is no relations or history with criminal activity by either parent. I'm not hearing about enemies, personal debts, drugs, or anything else. The theory I'm pretty stuck on equals the motive being taking Jayme since she was taken alive after her parents were murdered. jmo. This crime strikes me as up close and personal.
I reserve the right to change my mind at anytime. :)
I also totally respect your opinion and enjoy hearing your thoughts. Much like I do SharonNeedles. But Im respectfully jumping in here to explain what holds me back from relying heavily on taking Jayme as the only motive. It appears the Closs's worked different shifts, at least sometimes. Also, Jayme stayed with her aunt at times. While we arent clear on the Closs's exact schedule, there seems to be plenty of opportunities to take Jayme while shes only home with her mom, or dad, or aunt. Or even coming/going from one of her activities. But rather, this happened when all three were in that home. I feel that was purposeful.

I'm sorry but I keep reworking and rethinking this whole case. I have to admit that all along I found it kind of crazy that this horrendous and drawn out crime would've been committed just to kidnap a recently turned aged 13-year-old girl, especially a quiet and unassuming girl like Jayme. It seems ludicrous to me. If the perpetrator only wanted to get to Jayme, IMO they would've done what other abductors do, and taken the path of least resistance. Even with home abductions, it is usually quietly and stealthily done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214