AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a lot of paperwork right? Isn't it similar to taking out a home loan and costs are involved?
Appraisal to determine value which most banks pay for. Proof of insurance.

It's a very good if you can handle it well and if you use it responsibly. Saves on your home tax bill and also it can be tax deductable. The interest that is!

I see this as one male, who not only wanted Jayme for the most horrible reasons, but also wanted the thrill of killing. Possibly, someone who observed her from a distance, unknown to the family?

JMO at this point and subject to change.

But if this is someone known to them...why take Jayme, and where is she? It makes no sense.

I dunno. It's an impression, not a theory.

Maybe because they knew her, and their quarrel wasn't with her, they couldn't kill her, but took her because she was a witness? Who knows what that person would be doing now. Maybe took her to Canada or something with the promise she could stay alive if she didn't try to run or call for help? I dunno.

I keep picturing a dispute escalating to confrontation, and somebody returning in fury with a weapon.
I do think this is a real possibility. If the father had just gotten off work a while earlier, it would make sense that the enraged person would show up to finish off the 'confrontation' with violence. As for Jayme, perhaps the murderer just couldn't deal with killing a child, and if she could ID him, would have to be taken with.

I dunno. It's an impression, not a theory.

Maybe because they knew her, and their quarrel wasn't with her, they couldn't kill her, but took her because she was a witness? Who knows what that person would be doing now. Maybe took her to Canada or something with the promise she could stay alive if she didn't try to run or call for help? I dunno.
That's basically what I just commented too, now I see you feel the same. I totally think that is a possibility!

I keep picturing a dispute escalating to confrontation, and somebody returning in fury with a weapon.

I kind of am leaning that way too.

The crime scene likely tells the story of who was shot where, how the door was compromised, whether there were other entry points, and whether or not this looks like a hit job, a bungled kidnapping, or some other scenario.

One thing that interests is me is why after the initial crime scene search and removal of evidentiary items, a second look was made and the mattresses were removed.

The crime scene likely tells the story of who was shot where, how the door was compromised, whether there were other entry points, and whether or not this looks like a hit job, a bungled kidnapping, or some other scenario.

One thing that interests is me is why after the initial crime scene search and removal of evidentiary items, a second look was made and the mattresses were removed.

Yeah that's weird.

Good question about the mattress. Also, I don't know if I missed something but I haven't seen much if anything posted here about the possibility the perp/s were in the home for longer then a break in, murder and kidnap. Could they have been there for a while? Maybe Mom and Jayme were home and Dad came home later? What am I missing? This case is off the charts.

Good question about the mattress. Also, I don't know if I missed something but I haven't seen much if anything posted here about the possibility the perp/s were in the home for longer then a break in, murder and kidnap. Could they have been there for a while? Maybe Mom and Jayme were home and Dad came home later? What am I missing? This case is off the charts.

I know... it’s so hard to fathom a situation where, on the surface, it seems it would be a solvable crime because of the 911 call and the short window (maybe 7-8 minutes) before the first responders arrived at the house and the leads on the cars.

If the murder part crime is to be solved, it will be finding Jayme. That is so scary, but at the same time, the reality.

Btw, I have also wondered if the killer was there ahead of time and had an opportunity to work out the scene.

I do think this is a real possibility. If the father had just gotten off work a while earlier, it would make sense that the enraged person would show up to finish off the 'confrontation' with violence. As for Jayme, perhaps the murderer just couldn't deal with killing a child, and if she could ID him, would have to be taken with.

It’s possible. Maybe a person/ persons closer to the family than I once thought...who attempted to coerce Jayme into some delusion that somehow justified (???) their violent acts? Idk. I’m as confused about this case as many others here. I just keep hoping that the case breaking tip appears soon.

I know... it’s so hard to fathom a situation where, on the surface, it seems it would be a solvable crime because of the 911 call and the short window (maybe 7-8 minutes) before the first responders arrived at the house and the leads on the cars.

If the murder part crime is to be solved, it will be finding Jayme. That is so scary, but at the same time, the reality.

Btw, I have also wondered if the killer was there ahead of time and had an opportunity to work out the scene.
You made another good point. Repair person or someone similar?

Hard to imagine anything worse than a double murder and a missing child, but as it seems that the 911 call led to a mad dash, what would the headline have been, had that call not connected? I still think a dreadful, violent home invasion....

You made another good point. Repair person or someone similar?

Possibly- no way to rule that out, for what it’s worth. That guns were so brazenly used does make me wonder about someone in a push comes to shove motive to eliminate targets, perhaps after his (or they, don’t want to rule out a duo) were caught up in a situation way over his head. After all, this wasn’t the house of the killer, but a targeted home. Hope that makes sense.

I'm sorry but I keep reworking and rethinking this whole case. I have to admit that all along I found it kind of crazy that this horrendous and drawn out crime would've been committed just to kidnap a recently turned aged 13-year-old girl, especially a quiet and unassuming girl like Jayme. It seems ludicrous to me. If the perpetrator only wanted to get to Jayme, IMO they would've done what other abductors do, and taken the path of least resistance. Even with home abductions, it is usually quietly and stealthily done.
I agree. There is something missing here (Think Motive).

If this was a person they knew, and this person has Jayme...then this person should be missing from his usual place. Seems everyone would be accounted for by now, who may have had any reason to be at their house. Also, we do not know for sure that the incident began when neighbors heard gunshots or when 911 call came...the perp may have been there a while before he began shooting. I guess it depends on the video of the cars and how sure LE is that they are involved.

We also cannot say for sure that nothing was stolen.

Anyway it seems perfectly natural to me that LE asked if anyone knew of a dispute of any kind. They were seeking a motive and a perp. The people closest to the family would be most likely to know if there was any such disputes but in a small town, locals get wind of those things too. I hope they have a motive by now, but I don’t see how they could.

And then what?

Possibly- no way to rule that out, for what it’s worth. That guns were so brazenly used does make me wonder about someone in a push comes to shove motive to eliminate targets, perhaps after his (or they, don’t want to rule out a duo) were caught up in a situation way over his head. After all, this wasn’t the house of the killer, but a targeted home. Hope that makes sense.
It does make sense. TY
ETA: Sill thinking perp/may have drug addiction. Brazen can equal desperate and unexplainable therefore no apparent motive. Drifter or homeless as well. Few footprints to follow. All speculative thoughts tossing around in my head. I can't even have a theory because there are not enough facts to base one on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member