AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody remember if the neighbors turned on their lights when they heard the gunshots? Did they turn on inside lights to see the clock? Did they turn on any outside lights? Might be of some interest...

Anybody remember if the neighbors turned on their lights when they heard the gunshots? Did they turn on inside lights to see the clock? Did they turn on any outside lights? Might be of some interest...
I don’t think so. They basically brushed off those gunshots as being something other than nefarious.

Unfortunately I dont immediately see factual backup for the scent being lost. There are, however, articles and video supporting the dogs being brought in and there was a lot of discussion about it at various times. The scent could very well have been speculation discussed that I believed had been proven, because I know that conversation here is what drew me away from thinking they could have somehow escaped through the woods.

Thx KLM6 for bringing this issue back up.
Does anyone know (dog scent experts out there) .......will the scent be untrackable by the dogs, if someone is picked up and carried a distance, rather than put in a car?

It's hard to believe they can't find this person or persons. I guess they are smarter than LE and the FBI.:(
Believe it or not but 1 in 3 murders do not get solved. Most murders are easy to solve, domestic violence leads. Personally I think a lot of murders are made to look like accidental death or suicide... they don't even count those. Those emotional blow ups where wife catches husband with another woman and shoots him... guy shoots wife for spending money he had stashed, etc those are the ones where LE doesn't have to do a lot of work. Unfortunately, the shear volume of cases here shows how easily people vanish and LE has few leads, little evidence and lack of resources. There also are huge inefficiencies in the legal system. The size of the FBI needs to double. Anti-terrorism should be a whole separate branch. All LE needs a much better system to share perp and case information nationally. Its too easy for perps to just keep changing locations, using aliases or stolen identities. Huge underground networks of organized crime for various purposes exist. There has to be massive corruption in various agencies for so much gang, cartel, activity to be so pervasive. Criminals run the prisons, which chew up any person who might have been reformed. Instead its a college for the hardcore to advance their skills and learn how to be more vicious, brutal, and evade capture. Our legal system is not about correction, reform or even punishment. The levels of violence, rape, murder, etc in the usa are extremely high. We can and should cut it down to a fraction of what it is.

We used to be afraid to go into Boston for concerts or shopping. If rumors have started, I can totally empathize with how they feel. It doesn't even have to be true. Once the fear starts, it spreads like a virus.
We have no evidence here that anything like that is happening.

Even in crime-ridden communities, we don’t see acts like this perpetrated upon victims like this.

These people we middle aged, middle class, hardworking members of the community. The victimology is odd.

We have no evidence here that anything like that is happening.

Even in crime-ridden communities, we don’t see acts like this perpetrated upon victims like this.

These people we middle aged, middle class, hardworking members of the community. The victimology is odd.

I'm commenting on the fear, not saying there's a logical reason for it.

I have been hearing about a Google search being 2 different addresses and that maybe they got the wrong house.
I was pointing out 2 ways the address is listed. I have decided that the home pictures is the Closs home
Moo
Yes, and many folks here and elsewhere have wondered if the perps went to the wrong house for this reason. We know that the neighbors were arrested for drugs by the FBI, and people have wondered if that was one of the addresses on Google that was given for the Closs family's home. Yes, there are two different addresses listed.

If meth is a big problem in the county... why haven't we heard of any of the labs getting raided? How many cooks have been picked up? What about the bosses? Community appears to be quiet on this issue...

We used to be afraid to go into Boston for concerts or shopping. If rumors have started, I can totally empathize with how they feel. It doesn't even have to be true. Once the fear starts, it spreads like a virus.
And how, were we ever afraid to go into Boston. I remember my mother being petrified when we went to sporting events- she drilled us about staying out of certain areas because of the danger. There were several areas of concern back then.

I can imagine the fear the folks are living through now in Barron, having gone through it as a kid. It stays with you forever, and habits change, such as locking doors and windows at all times in your home and car.

And how, were we ever afraid to go into Boston. I remember my mother being petrified when we went to sporting events- she drilled us about staying out of certain areas because of the danger. There were several areas of concern back then.

I can imagine the fear the folks are living through now in Barron, having gone through it as a kid. It stays with you forever, and habits change, such as locking doors and windows at all times in your home and car.
The worst part as far as the community is concerned, is the fact that nobody has any idea of why these people were targeted.

It’s one thing if you have a clear motive, but there isn’t one here.

Everyone could potentially be at risk.

I'm commenting on the fear, not saying there's a logical reason for it.
I don't know- I think fear can be a good thing. It makes you more aware of your surroundings, you take better precautions to stay safe than before. I mean, we used to leave our doors open in the summer months to let the hot air out (not everyone had air conditioners back then, haha), we never worried about someone just barging in and wanting to kill us or rob us. The triple homicide that took place in our town changed all of that. We had other murders, too, but they were of personal nature and the suspects were known to the victims, unlike this one, which was random and the family did not know the suspects. I lived in a small town, too, and live in another small town now.

If you think small towns are not riddled with murders, robberies, and drugs- think again. Easier to hide sexual predators, meth labs, and other things that most folks don't think would happen in small towns.

The worst part as far as the community is concerned, is the fact that nobody has any idea of why these people were targeted.

It’s one thing if you have a clear motive, but there isn’t one here.

Everyone could potentially be at risk.
EXACTLY! I just addressed this very topic in a post I made a minute ago. The fear is real, the fear will never leave these people. A home invasion with perps unknown to the family (at this moment, we can assume this, but that could change to someone they know) makes you grow up fast, if you're a kid- I was in 6th grade. Adults become more strict with the kids and their whereabouts. Heck, we'd be out until dark playing fun games in our neighborhood- after those murders, at least one or two parents watched out for us kids every summer night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse