AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! Innocent people can be victims of others using drugs. Happens all the time in my experience. Short of saying it was the wrong house, this whole hit/cartel thing places blame on the parents which is a huge no no!

Dear BlinkOfAnI,

This is so true and I absolutely agree with you and @retiredrickyinCO .

Drugs COULD very well be at the center of this crime. You do NOT have to be involved with drugs to be a victim of a drug related crime. It happens all the time...from property theft, to robbery, to violent random home invasions, to murder.
Yes Kat, absolutely, I couldn't agree more. And I realize drug use also can be well hidden. But to have theories that personally attack the parents, such as having unpaid drug bills, when there are no facts to substantiate those theories I believe does not do justice to the family. Yes, it is a possibility, but until facts surface that support those theories I think those need to be kept at a minimum. I personally would not suggest something like that if it could be construed as attacking the parents. If evidence comes out to the contrary that is fine. I said it many times I think either one or both parents were specifically targeted. But for what reason I have no idea.

What if Jayme had been taken advantage of and was pregnant. I can see the rapist being desperate and kicking in the door to kill the parents. He would have to take Jayme to dispose of her elsewhere to prevent a DNA test on the fetus. This would be similar to the theory in the Keddie murders in California.

Could be a shoe print was visible on the door and maybe they only kicked the door but James had it open and was trying to close it?
The wooden door is broken and I think at first blush it appeared to have been kicked in. Maybe there was an obvious shoe print. idk. I'm wondering if with further evaluation it was actually shot in. It just makes more sense to me. Shot the door in, shot James....the 2 loud shots heard one right after the other. Plus, if one has a powerful gun, why kick the door in rather than shoot it?

Yes, it is a public records look up that you pay for. I did pm a mod and got no reply...two weeks ago.

First, our Admins and Mods are extremely busy keeping the forum running smoothly. Please understand it can be difficult to answer your private messages in a timely manner. We have many members sending private messages along with sending messages to our email, Twitter, and Facebook

Since the paywall is not a news organization that relies on the people paying for the articles and it is a courthouse we can buy this document and post it on Websleuths. However, we would need to redact anyone's name (other than the names we know that are connected to the case) or any other identifying information of private citizens.
Websleuths should purchase this document. Let me reiterate the document must be central to our discussion. If someone can email me all the info including the link to purchase the document@ triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com I would appreciate it. The mods and I need to look at the doc and decide exactly what to do.
Thank you,
Tricia
PS. The earliest I can get back with you all about this would be late Wednesday if things go smoothly :)

What if Jayme had been taken advantage of and was pregnant. I can see the rapist being desperate and kicking in the door to kill the parents. He would have to take Jayme to dispose of her elsewhere to prevent a DNA test on the fetus. This would be similar to the theory in the Keddie murders in California.

I had a similar thought on this today.

Has it been confirmed that she did stay home from school the week before, due to "illness"? I keep searching in here but not getting the right results.

I have been sitting on the information for a few days but I saw someone brought up Jayme's other social media account. I looked at it and she hadn't saved anything in a year but I did notice she had one follower. I looked at the name and found an address that is less than two hours from Barron.
EDIT
I don't know how much I can say without getting in trouble or if this information is against the rules.

that's interesting, 2 questions:

1. do we know if this follower preceded 10/15 or not?
2. you or someone has passed this along to the tip line right?

I know who you are talking about and its definitely been called in by multiple people by now
That's good. I hadn't seen anyone mention it specifically so I was afraid of violating the 10 commandments of WS. It just felt odd that he was her only follower and the amount of drug related pins he had.

that's interesting, 2 questions:

1. do we know if this follower preceded 10/15 or not?
2. you or someone has passed this along to the tip line right?

I found it a few days ago but it seems I was late to the party. <modsnip - discussing tips>
Since she hadn't pinned in a year I don't know. I didn't looks to see if he was liking or commenting on her pins. I know when you sign up it will randomly suggest people for you to follow but I don't see how they had any similar interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar thought on this today.

Has it been confirmed that she did stay home from school the week before, due to "illness"? I keep searching in here but not getting the right results.

I answered my own question. She was off Friday for Teachers In-Service day. <modsnip - undue speculation>

We need a break in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
In October, the roadside view of the house isn’t particularly obscured. The red dot in the picture represents the location of the trampoline, which is less than 200’ from the road. Any daytime passerby happening to notice a slender young girl playing in or around a trampoline in such a rural location might think it’s a situation too tempting to pass up late at night when most homeowners are least attentive and most vulnerable. In such a case, it’s likely the crime would never have happened had their house been located in town, surrounded by neighbors and street lights.

View attachment 154271

What is the speed limit there? 6000 plus cars go on that road a day. Less, at night I am sure. That is pretty many cars per hour. Hard to slow down and look.

What I can see is that someone could see her getting off of the school bus everyday.

A lot of folks find it odd Jayme had her aunt as a caregiver. I don’t! We already know there was a drug house nearby... meth is a huge issue in the area. I wouldn’t have left a kid home alone in that area either!! Ugh. Maybe Jayme didn’t wanna be home alone. Is that a big deal? End rant.

The wooden door is broken and I think at first blush it appeared to have been kicked in. Maybe there was an obvious shoe print. idk. I'm wondering if with further evaluation it was actually shot in. It just makes more sense to me. Shot the door in, shot James....the 2 loud shots heard one right after the other. Plus, if one has a powerful gun, why kick the door in rather than shoot it?

An axe?

I’m saddened that the majority of Thread 19’s discussion (and many, many threads before that) centers around drugs, owing money for drugs, and even drug cartels. Certainly the perp could be looking for prescription medication or money, but the details don’t point to that. LE hasn’t stated that any guns, valuables, medications, etc. were taken from the house. The facts are a double homicide and a child abduction.

I would hate to think that if my husband and myself were murdered and our child taken, that hundreds of people online would speculate that we owed money to a drug cartel.

Let’s try to stay focused on the what we know, what friends and neighbors have said about the family, and be mindful that the victim’s families can read what we say.

There was discussion that perhaps they told LE about drug issues. A noble thing to do

A lot of folks find it odd Jayme had her aunt as a caregiver. I don’t! We already know there was a drug house nearby... meth is a huge issue in the area. I wouldn’t have left a kid home alone in that area either!! Ugh. Maybe Jayme didn’t wanna be home alone. Is that a big deal? End rant.
I wouldn't leave my 13 year old only child home alone day after day for hours and for a myriad of reasons.

Yes Kat, absolutely, I couldn't agree more. And I realize drug use also can be well hidden. But to have theories that personally attack the parents, such as having unpaid drug bills, when there are no facts to substantiate those theories I believe does not do justice to the family. Yes, it is a possibility, but until facts surface that support those theories I think those need to be kept at a minimum. I personally would not suggest something like that if it could be construed as attacking the parents. If evidence comes out to the contrary that is fine. I said it many times I think either one or both parents were specifically targeted. But for what reason I have no idea.

I agree with you. And just to be clear, that whole cartel/informant theory had me absolutely puzzled. I'm still not sure I even got the gist of it, since I read it before I'd had a full cup of coffee. But I just wanted to clarify that several of us have suggested simply that this may have been a drug fueled crime perpetrated against innocent victims. I'd hate for these two very different trains of thought to become confused here.

(Just using your post as a jumping off point to make that comment. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member