AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't realize there were only four in the last ten years. That's not much at all. That's barely one every two years. Although I think it was said there were two murder- suicides. No murders related to meth it seems. This would definitely be a first, if it's related. Imo

I lived in a rural area in MN with 2000 people. We had zero murders in many years. I think most communities that size have zero murders

There's no type. Young girls can and do conceal crushes & bf's from parents esp. if the parents are strict.
She looks very young and innocent as she is very young, but she could still have a secret bf. I want to make it very clear in no shape or form would this make her guilty still a child and a victim.
I don't doubt that she could have liked a boy or someone had a crush on her. But usually relationships at that age consist of texting or talking on the phone until they decide they like someone else. LE may have uncovered something like that, but if they have it seems not to be relevant. Jmo

At age 13, Jayme is considered a teenager not a child. As a teenager, she should be responsible for completing her homework. She ran cross-country which is finished by mid-October. What other activities was she in? Dance was not connected to school.

How would she get to dance and how would she get home from cross country. And there were probably lots of other things that were not scheduled weekly.

Last edited:
Did someone say she was in a barn? If so, wouldn't they have followed that lead? Did the person say where it was located?

No. She's not in a barn. In the video interview with the sheriff, he was talking about crazy tips. He said he needed more than someone to say Jayme was in a barn. NOT IN A BARN - no incorrect info.

Did someone say she was in a barn? If so, wouldn't they have followed that lead? Did the person say where it was located?

The Sheriff in that program said they got 2000 plus tips. Many of them were tips like, “She is in a barn.”

He said they need more info than something so generic. He said there are lots of barns in WI and they cannot check them all.

He said they got lots of psychic tips that started with, “ This is the truth.” They do take them and correlate them with other tips to see if anything is the same.

iirc Denise and Jayme attended St Peter Catholic Church in Cameron. Jayme attended religion classes (CCD, like bible study) on Wednesday evenings. All the various local churches seem to have agreement that religion classes for youth will be on Wednesdays so schools typically do not have sports or other events that evening. Jayme also sang in a choir in her church, and Denise may have taught some of the youth religion classes.

There is no mention of the caretaker taking Jayme anywhere. There is mention, however, of Denise and dance classes and Denise and church.

I feel the same. We have come up with just about every possible scenario, and still nothing makes sense. I think LE has a lot more information than we can imagine. Every angle has been thoroughly looked at by now. I'm feeling a sense of dread. It's not looking good. Imo
I think LE does have other information. Otherwise the Sheriff during his interview wouldn't have gotten a text--then he kinda clammed up.

Watched the sheriff's interview. I'm confused about some things.

On one hand, he indicates that the perp was only in the house for four minutes? Then later on, he has "no comment" for if a sexual assault occurred.

Edit--

No evidence that she's alive. Just hope.

Snipped and BBM for focus
I like your points on them being a very stable family with a very stable routine. This is what makes me think that, it wasn't them as much as maybe, what they saw or at one point walked in on.

I'll use what happened to me as an example. A while back I went to use the restroom, on the way to the restroom, in the hallway I saw a situation taking place... I was startled, and I walked away, and they watched me walk away. The honest thing for me to do is report what I witnessed. I did.

I cannot begin to explain the harassing, the dirty looks, the hateful remarks, on and on and on.

I don't think there is anything illegal or sinister with any three of these people in that home. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think one of them or more than one of them was at the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something they should never saw or witness something they should have never witnessed.

Ill try this again. Last post didn't work.
-----------------
I like your points on them being a very stable family with a very stable routine. This is what makes me think that, it wasn't them as much as maybe, what they saw or at one point walked in on.

I'll use what happened to me as an example. A while back I went to use the restroom, on the way to the restroom, in the hallway I saw a situation taking place... I was startled, and I walked away, and they watched me walk away. The honest thing for me to do is report what I witnessed. I did.

I cannot begin to explain the harassing, the dirty looks, the hateful remarks, on and on and on.

I don't think there is anything illegal or sinister with any three of these people in that home. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think one of them or more than one of them was at the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something they should never saw or witness something they should have never

Last edited:
44128939_2479097342110585_4505990541174898688_n.jpg
I'm just beyond frustrated at this point. The neighbors heard shots...or they didn't. We're looking for a red challenger...or some other red car... or no car at all. I don't see how anything we do here can be helpful when now we can't even put together an accurate timeline, or be clear about a damned mystery car that may not even exist.

For me, I just feel like I could be spending my time more productively else where. ( I hate saying that. )

It is very frustrating and one of the biggest reasons we continue here and add our thoughts to this huge maze is for this right here. You are needed!

I originally thought he was struggling to prevent Jayme being taken and was shot in the doorway. Jmo

This scenario would also prevent evidence left by the perp(s) such as bloody footprints, potentially adding to the lack of leads/evidence, IMO. On the other hand, they may have foot prints with knowledge of shoe size, footwear make and brand that they aren't sharing publicly. There is so much we don't know. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381