AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In his radio interview, interesting to note that the Sheriff did not mention that the gunshots were heard by neighbors at 12:31AM relative to the response time of the 911 call. When asked about DNA left at the crime scene, his response related to the short amount of time (four minutes) that the bad guy(s) had at the home . . . Essentially he shortened the timeline to four minutes for the crime to occur / perp(s) in the home. Anyone else pick up on that or do I need to go back and listen again? (It was late last night when I listened :/ )

Edited for grammar :D
You are correct. There was alot of discussion about it earlier, right after the interview, if you want to look back on the thread. But the general idea is that it all happened much faster than we originally thought. Imo

Last edited:
Could the script be flipped? Let’s say two perps and the front door kicked in. One subdues the parents with gun while the other gets Jayme. As dad sees her being pulled/carried through the front door, he can’t stand it and runs after her and that perp. As he’s standing in the doorway trying to bring her back in, perp with Jayme shoots him in the doorway making it look like he answered the door where he fell. Meanwhile mom has gone and barricaded herself to no use. I know there are major holes in this theory. I also don’t know if the front door was kicked in or the storm door. But kicking the storm door makes no sense whatsoever. Swings the wrong way.

In his radio interview, interesting to note that the Sheriff did not mention that the gunshots were heard by neighbors at 12:31AM relative to the response time of the 911 call. When asked about DNA left at the crime scene, his response related to the short amount of time (four minutes) that the bad guy(s) had at the home . . . Essentially he shortened the timeline to four minutes for the crime to occur / perp(s) in the home. Anyone else pick up on that or do I need to go back and listen again? (It was late last night when I listened :/ )

Edited for grammar :D

That's what I took from the interview. Have to say, at this point, with very little evidence, and what evidence we do have contradicting with what Fitzgerald now says, I've basically given up on this case.

I just pray that they find Jayme alive, but I don't feel good about those prospects at all. :(

Has that been reiterated since the police log? Ive wondered what/how they believe the entry took place but havent seen anything. At first look the officer said James answered the door, just after the first officer said he commited suicide. My take, after the log was explained to me, was they were both speculating at that point. But I had not heard anything about it since so I didnt know they were sure about this?
I'm not sure, but I thought he addressed that question in an interview or when asked by a reporter. Maybe someone else remembers. I thought I remember someone asked about it and he responded that it was accurate. As far as I know he hasn't stated otherwise. But I wondered how they could possibly be sure as they were not there to see him answer the door and from what I gathered from other posts was that LE had acknowledged that he had. Jmo

Last edited:
Snipped and BBM for focus
Lots of kids get themselves off to school by age 13. Interesting that this did not seem to be the case with Jayme. Wisconsin has no laws, but kids can definitely be left home alone at age 12.

Jayme would be 13, in grade six/seven and had a caretaker. Interesting...

I think I look at this more in a more simple way. Denise was 33 years old when she had Jayme. Jayme's parents have been working at the same job for 27 years. Fair to say their life routine had likely been consistent at least regarding their work schedule.

At 33 years old, one has encountered a fair amount of life experience. I wonder what experiences Denise has had growing up through adulthood that may have formed her into a protective parent not wanting Jayme to be alone? IMO, lots of things come to mind that would warrant those potential feelings.

The caretaker ( no longer considered a babysitter as Jayme is no longer a baby ) was allegedly a family member that has probably been caring for Jayme since Denise went back to work after she had her. Trustworthy child care is hard to find and is also very expensive.

Perhaps the Closs's schedule allowed for Jayme to be home alone a few more hours then they were comfortable with? Perhaps it would have left her alone at meal times and not only is that fairly depressing, perhaps in their viewpoint dangerous as they didn't want her cooking unattended? With Jayme being the only child, perhaps she preferred being around people vs alone? Perhaps Jayme was afraid of being alone?

Or Perhaps Jayme's routine was to be at her Aunt's house as this has been the routine for 13 some years and her Aunt was like a second mother and made sure her homework was done and she got her to certain extracurricular activities until Denise or James could get there?....that fast paced lifestyle that Jayme could still have because her Aunt/caregiver could get her to A, B, C on days Denise couldn't.

Jayme had just turned 13 years old. Still very much a child. I think this alleged situation seems very normal and responsible for a household with 2 working parents. MOO

Could the script be flipped? Let’s say two perps and the front door kicked in. One subdues the parents with gun while the other gets Jayme. As dad sees her being pulled/carried through the front door, he can’t stand it and runs after her and that perp. As he’s standing in the doorway trying to bring her back in, perp with Jayme shoots him in the doorway making it look like he answered the door where he fell. Meanwhile mom has gone and barricaded herself to no use. I know there are major holes in this theory. I also don’t know if the front door was kicked in or the storm door. But kicking the storm door makes no sense whatsoever. Swings the wrong way.
Yes, I think it was the main door, not the storm door that was kicked in. Which is confusing because he would have to have had held the door with his body, or stepped into the house to shoot him. I've always thought maybe James was trying to keep him from coming in, and the perp kicked in the door. Jmo

That's what I took from the interview. Have to say, at this point, with very little evidence, and what evidence we do have contradicting with what Fitzgerald now says, I've basically given up on this case.

I just pray that they find Jayme alive, but I don't feel good about those prospects at all. :(
I feel the same. We have come up with just about every possible scenario, and still nothing makes sense. I think LE has a lot more information than we can imagine. Every angle has been thoroughly looked at by now. I'm feeling a sense of dread. It's not looking good. Imo

Last edited:
Snipped and BBM for focus

I think I look at this more in a more simple way. Denise was 33 years old when she had Jayme. Jayme's parents have been working at the same job for 27 years. Fair to say their life routine had likely been consistent at least regarding their work schedule.

At 33 years old, one has encountered a fair amount of life experience. I wonder what experiences Denise has had growing up through adulthood that may have formed her into a protective parent not wanting Jayme to be alone? IMO, lots of things come to mind that would warrant those potential feelings.

The caretaker ( no longer considered a babysitter as Jayme is no longer a baby ) was allegedly a family member that has probably been caring for Jayme since Denise went back to work after she had her. Trustworthy child care is hard to find and is also very expensive.

Perhaps the Closs's schedule allowed for Jayme to be home alone a few more hours then they were comfortable with? Perhaps it would have left her alone at meal times and not only is that fairly depressing, perhaps in their viewpoint dangerous as they didn't want her cooking unattended? With Jayme being the only child, perhaps she preferred being around people vs alone? Perhaps Jayme was afraid of being alone?

Or Perhaps Jayme's routine was to be at her Aunt's house as this has been the routine for 13 some years and her Aunt was like a second mother and made sure her homework was done and she got her to certain extracurricular activities until Denise or James could get there?....that fast paced lifestyle that Jayme could still have because her Aunt/caregiver could get her to A, B, C on days Denise couldn't.

Jayme had just turned 13 years old. Still very much a child. I think this alleged situation seems very normal and responsible for a household with 2 working parents. MOO

At age 13, Jayme is considered a teenager not a child. As a teenager, she should be responsible for completing her homework. She ran cross-country which is finished by mid-October. What other activities was she in? Dance was not connected to school.

Dont give up. At least not on Jayme. Its highly possible, in my all my hope and opinion, that the sheriff is a darn good poker player, and hes holding his cards tightly. :cool: As he said, only the perp will know the answers to certain questions, so why reveal all the answers. The killer and Jayme (and probably LE) are the only ones who truly know how long they were in that house and what could or couldnt have taken place.

Dont give up. At least not on Jayme. Its highly possible, in my all my hope and opinion, that the sheriff is a darn good poker player, and hes holding his cards tightly. :cool: As he said, only the perp will know the answers to certain questions, so why reveal all the answers. The killer and Jayme (and probably LE) are the only ones who truly know how long they were in that house and what could or couldnt have taken place.

I'm just beyond frustrated at this point. The neighbors heard shots...or they didn't. We're looking for a red challenger...or some other red car... or no car at all. I don't see how anything we do here can be helpful when now we can't even put together an accurate timeline, or be clear about a damned mystery car that may not even exist.

For me, I just feel like I could be spending my time more productively else where. ( I hate saying that. )

Last edited:
At age 13, Jayme is considered a teenager not a child. As a teenager, she should be responsible for completing her homework. She ran cross-country which is finished by mid-October. What other activities was she in? Dance was not connected to school.
As much as they would protest, a teenager is still considered a child. She was only a teenager for 3 months when she went missing. In addition to dance and running, her mom took her to an indoor skating rink. I think someone discovered other activities. They were also involved in church.

I'm just beyond frustrated at this point. The neighbors heard shots...or they didn't. We're looking for a red challenger...or some other red car... or no car at all. I don't see how anything we do here can be helpful when now we can't even put together an accurate timeline, or be clear about a damned mystery car that may not even exist.

For me, I just feel like I could be spending my time more productively else where. ( I hate saying that. )
There is a new thread for another 13 year old who was abducted in the family car while waiting to be driven to school. There is a lot more evidence in that case.

iirc Denise and Jayme attended St Peter Catholic Church in Cameron. Jayme attended religion classes (CCD, like bible study) on Wednesday evenings. All the various local churches seem to have agreement that religion classes for youth will be on Wednesdays so schools typically do not have sports or other events that evening. Jayme also sang in a choir in her church, and Denise may have taught some of the youth religion classes.

Oh I agree. She doesn't seem at all like the type to have a much older boyfriend, and I'd be shocked if this hadn't solved yet if it were a boyfriend. Have to believe it'd be solved by now if that were the case.

Just found that tidbit from this interview a little odd. Especially based on his answer to that question the last time he was asked. I thought he would just shoot it down.

Though, it should also be noted that he really didn't rule anything out entirely in this interview. (There was even discussion of aliens being involved near the beginning of this interview.)

There's no type. Young girls can and do conceal crushes & bf's from parents esp. if the parents are strict.
She looks very young and innocent as she is very young, but she could still have a secret bf. I want to make it very clear in no shape or form would this make her guilty still a child and a victim.

I think the Delphi person looks like a truck driver. One thing of note is that the Delphi killer didn't bother to take anyone with him. That's different from the Evansdale and Barron cases. But maybe that was because of the pictures and audio and maybe those girls chose to flee. If you draw straight lines to the middle of that triangle, where does that put you? Northern Illinois? Could that be the home area of the killer?
Ok. I just did a 180°.
I was completely discounting any connection to the girls in Delphi, until now and this is why.

"James Closs worked in the plant area that deboned turkeys, and he delivered meat orders that Ruffin would weigh for shipping."
Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs
Turkey trailer takes bit of a tumble

Now, James probably delivered locally as we haven't heard any indication that he drove a semi out of state to deliver turkey, but that doesn't mean that he didn't know people who did drive semis for Jenni-O.
Even if it was a 3rd party that delivered the Turkey on long hauls, 27 years at the same place of business, one would get to know the "regulars" that hauled the meat.
This theory that there is a chance that they are connected is growing legs in my mind!

The photo is just for proof of semis being used for delivery from Jennie-O
Screenshot_20181111-160822_Google.jpg

After 4 weeks in i would have had some hope of Jayme still being alive if she had been taken by a non-violent abductor, but sadly she is in the hands of a ruthless murderer. This person (or persons) had no qualms about killing James and Denise, and i doubt they would show any compassion to Jayme. She may be alive somewhere, there's always that hope but in my heart of hearts i fear the worst for her. Thoughts and prayers with Jayme and her family as always.

Ok. I just did a 180°.
I was completely discounting any connection to the girls in Delphi, until now and this is why.

"James Closs worked in the plant area that deboned turkeys, and he delivered meat orders that Ruffin would weigh for shipping."
Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs
Turkey trailer takes bit of a tumble

Now, James probably delivered locally as we haven't heard any indication that he drove a semi out of state to deliver turkey, but that doesn't mean that he didn't know people who did drive semis for Jenni-O.
Even if it was a 3rd party that delivered the Turkey on long hauls, 27 years at the same place of business, one would get to know the "regulars" that hauled the meat.
This theory that there is a chance that they are connected is growing legs in my mind!

The photo is just for proof of semis being used for delivery from Jennie-O
View attachment 155139
I don't think it's any less likely than a meth or drug cartel connection, or that Jayme may have run into the perp on line. In fact this is looking more and more like a random killing by someone who has some experience. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup