AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there Ocean BE,

That is important, everything you wrote.

I know it imortant to think about a a spectrum of the relationship with the killer and the family- someone watching from a distance, a casual acquaintance, a person from a closer point of view than a casual acquaintance, or a firm relationship with any of the family members.

That spectrum is important.

On the low end of this spectrum is no prior knowledge of anyone in the family graduating to an awareness of their comings and going and on to the high end of the spectrum, a direct familiarity with one or all family members.

I tend to think this crime tends toward the low end of the spectrum of acquaintance. IMO.
I totally agree. I don't think it's any relatives or friends at all. I also don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with Jayme. She is at an innocent fun age, not into relationships etc.

It could be no one she ever talked about. Years ago in the Minneapolis area an honor student worked at a store and took a child. He put her under his mattress,High school student.,

Who would have guessed? Weirdos everywhere.

Hi, any news?

(A poster just referenced a case in Hania’s thread thatI had not heard of before and wanted to bring it here for reference, as it involves killing a family upon an abduction:

I grew up in Beaumont California. In 1996 Anthony Martinec was abducted. I was only 16 at the time but I remember going to city hall and making yellow ribbons and printing fliers. He was later found killed and his killer was not found for another 10 or so years later. In those ten years he abducted and killed another young girl and then an entire family while abducting another little boy and the boys sister. He later killed the little boy in front of his sister. Thankfully the sister was rescued and the prep was brought to justice .But it breaks my heart!

(ETA: in realizing this is the SG case and already discussed here )

I agree with this...I remember going to summer camp at age 12, and having a crush on a 16 yr old councelor. Very, very innocent and I was a shy girl! He didn't give me the time of day. BUT if he had, or flattered me in any way, I could maybe have an interest that I would keep from my parents. I guess what I am saying is, I don't believe Jayme had a full-on older "boyfriend", but if one took interest in her and flirted a little, maybe she did have contact with someone older who her parents didn't know about.

Or, maybe they were aware of something and so they sent her to another school.

That's an interesting point about the time and people being asleep at home, I'm wondering why LE hasn't said to also be on the look out for anyone who was gone from home during that time or someone who disappeared in the middle of the night and or came home extra late?

In a house this size, would you expect the shooter(s) to have blood splatter on them? I realize we have zero facts concerning where they were shot, what the were shot with, where shooters were standing, etc. but in my mind in a house that size assuming James, at least, was shot at close range because of his being found at the kicked in door... I’d assume perp(s) we’re covered in blood too. Or does it not work that way? I kind of expected LE to ask people to be on lookout for people who are missing clothes or came home in different clothes.

Things influencing my speculative theory of the day....

My mom grew up in a small town like Barron, but in the south and 65 years ago. One night about the age of Jayme, she was sleeping over at a friends house and the friends father sexually molested her. Touching under clothing. She pretended to be asleep. The next morning she went home and told her parents who were, understandably, upset. But they told her not to tell anyone cause she might get a reputation. It was a different time then. (She didn’t tell anyone except my father after they married, her daughters, and her psychiatrist as far as I know). My grandfather, her father, went and had a good old fashioned talking to to the friends father. A talking to that resulted in my mom’s friends family moving a couple of towns away. My grandfather was a well respected member of his town with several brothers all known for sticking together. One of my theories of this case is that someone messed with Jayme. It might have been someone she thought was a boyfriend, someone she trusted in town, friend of the family, etc. And dad confronted this person. Or dad and mom. And either they threatened to go to LE and press charges, they said they were going to expose them to family and friends, or not let this person be around Jayme anymore or something. And it made this person so angry that they went and killed the parents. I’m not quite sure how Jayme’s abduction can be explained in this scenario but I hope this person truly thinks they love her cause that’s the only chance I see for her to still be alive. (Just my random thoughts and opinions)

In a house this size, would you expect the shooter(s) to have blood splatter on them? I realize we have zero facts concerning where they were shot, what the were shot with, where shooters were standing, etc. but in my mind in a house that size assuming James, at least, was shot at close range because of his being found at the kicked in door... I’d assume perp(s) we’re covered in blood too. Or does it not work that way? I kind of expected LE to ask people to be on lookout for people who are missing clothes or came home in different clothes.
Good points....
However, didn't I read Upthread that James was shot through the door?

Things influencing my speculative theory of the day....

My mom grew up in a small town like Barron, but in the south and 65 years ago. One night about the age of Jayme, she was sleeping over at a friends house and the friends father sexually molested her. Touching under clothing. She pretended to be asleep. The next morning she went home and told her parents who were, understandably, upset. But they told her not to tell anyone cause she might get a reputation. It was a different time then. (She didn’t tell anyone except my father after they married, her daughters, and her psychiatrist as far as I know). My grandfather, her father, went and had a good old fashioned talking to to the friends father. A talking to that resulted in my mom’s friends family moving a couple of towns away. My grandfather was a well respected member of his town with several brothers all known for sticking together. One of my theories of this case is that someone messed with Jayme. It might have been someone she thought was a boyfriend, someone she trusted in town, friend of the family, etc. And dad confronted this person. Or dad and mom. And either they threatened to go to LE and press charges, they said they were going to expose them to family and friends, or not let this person be around Jayme anymore or something. And it made this person so angry that they went and killed the parents. I’m not quite sure how Jayme’s abduction can be explained in this scenario but I hope this person truly thinks they love her cause that’s the only chance I see for her to still be alive. (Just my random thoughts and opinions)
As much as I strongly believe it was a Closs member at the wrong place at the wrong time, I can see your scenario taking place.....

I agree with those who believe this case is connected to the cases in Indiana and Iowa. Three cities with their largest employers being meat processing plants. In the case of Evansdale, the meat processing facility is actually in nearby Waterloo. Check hotel/motel records. This may be a person who travels and frequents these meat plants. Could it be an inspector? A machinery worker? A truck driver? A refrigeration industry person?

I see the possibilities too and started a list back on Thread #5 (Oct 19th) but it was basically shot down immediately. I"ll post it again just in case it helps and because there hasn't been any resolution thus far to discount it:

- Abby was 13, Jayme is 13 - these girls resemble each other in looks and build and innocent aura were both known to be exceptionally close to their mother
- Delphi has a hog plant nearby, Barron has a turkey processor
- Both seem to have nearby highways but are small, rural towns in the MidWest
- Both locations have a nearby cemetery
- Both locations have a nearby railroad track
- Both locations have nearby truck stops
- Both crimes took place in a relatively short/fast period of time
- Others (may have) been killed in an effort to acquire the target victim (Libby / Jayme's parents)
- Billboards utilized quickly in both cases, lots of media attention early on
- Similar statements in PCs ("just need that one tip" etc)
-*Both Delphi and Barron have significant Meth problems
- AND bonus, if you add in Evansdale, IA it makes a triangle between the 3 locations

Also I think @FromGermany added that Delphi and Barron both have significant meth problems and I think something else but I've inserted the Meth problem detail in my list above.

Maybe folks will have a more open mind now since there have been no developments sadly.

The connections are interesting and caught my attention.
Do you think bridges are a common thread?
I searched for bridges near both Jennie-O and the Closs residence. The nearest bridge (per the search results) is Red Cedar River Bridge. If the locations I entered for the Closs residence and Jennie-O are accurate, RCRB is 22 minutes from the house. Jennie-O is on the way and is 4 minutes from the house.
I'm not sure if the 4 minutes is of significance or not. My thoughts are divided and go in too many directions in terms of the time it took police to arrive on scene, the get away time by the perps, whether or not Jennie-O served as a tempory hub, and the risk/possibilty of the perp crossing paths with the police.
The nearest police department (per the search results) is 4 minutes from the Closs residence and 1 minute from Jennie-O.
Jennie-O is between 17-19 minutes from RCRB.
Does anyone know if that area has been searched? Is RCRB in or near the Rice Lake area?
The use of meth among commercial truck drivers is interesting and could be a connection.
I am curious to hear what others have to say about this and I ask anyone reading this to please correct any errors you notice.

Last edited:
Jayme seems like a just nice young girl. I have a very hard time believing she had online boyfriends or made any kind of plans with an older boyfriend.
Her life was full with family, dance and church.
I think jayme is the biggest victim here.

This family has been under the microscope from day one. Nothing but maybes on all of them. The maybes are speculation only.

She can still be a nice, naive girl and still have an online crush or an online bf. Someone grooming her may have targeted for her for that exact reason. She's still a child it doesn't make her bad or responsible for her abduction or her parents' murders.

She can still be a nice, naive girl and still have an online crush or an online bf. Someone grooming her may have targeted for her for that exact reason. She's still a child it doesn't make her bad or responsible for her abduction or her parents' murders.
I was a nice, naive (incoming freshman) girl & got groomed/sucked in by an 18 yr old. By the Grace of God I didn’t end up pregnant, physically abused or worse - although I have no doubt that would have been in my future had I not been able to finally break it off 2 years later. This was before any electronic communication was invented & took place at school & under my (very protective) parents’ noses. It can happen SO quickly and completely blindside both victim and parents.

Side note: We were not related but had the same last name. I learned a few years ago that he now has a daughter with my (rather uncommon) first name & his/my last name.

Last edited:
Sorry, but when did the Sheriff say that?
He didnt. He never mentioned the neighbors or the gunshots at all. But he did say, " they were probably in that residence for 4 minutes. We were there within 4 minutes, they were gone," which implies that it happened faster than the neighbors account. Jmo

I see the possibilities too and started a list back on Thread #5 (Oct 19th) but it was basically shot down immediately. I"ll post it again just in case it helps and because there hasn't been any resolution thus far to discount it:

- Abby was 13, Jayme is 13 - these girls resemble each other in looks and build and innocent aura were both known to be exceptionally close to their mother
- Delphi has a hog plant nearby, Barron has a turkey processor
- Both seem to have nearby highways but are small, rural towns in the MidWest
- Both locations have a nearby cemetery
- Both locations have a nearby railroad track
- Both locations have nearby truck stops
- Both crimes took place in a relatively short/fast period of time
- Others (may have) been killed in an effort to acquire the target victim (Libby / Jayme's parents)
- Billboards utilized quickly in both cases, lots of media attention early on
- Similar statements in PCs ("just need that one tip" etc)
-*Both Delphi and Barron have significant Meth problems
- AND bonus, if you add in Evansdale, IA it makes a triangle between the 3 locations

Also I think @FromGermany added that Delphi and Barron both have significant meth problems and I think something else but I've inserted the Meth problem detail in my list above.

Maybe folks will have a more open mind now since there have been no developments sadly.

I appreciate the thought you put into this and remain open to the possibility of a connection. Nothing should be ignored at this point.

Edit to correct day/date:

Has anyone followed the news re: Salmonella outbreak from raw turkey products? I’m sure the folks around Barron County are aware of it. Could this have anything to do with Jayme’s hospitalization?

The CDC issued a press release on July 19, 2018 reporting that a multi-drug resistent salmonella bacteria was originating from raw turkey products. On Thursday, November 8 2018 , the CDC updated information to report that:
* 164 people have been infected from 35 states
* 63 people have been hospitalized
* 1 person has died from California
* No one turkey provider has been identified

Direct link to the CDC warning: Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Turkey Products | Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Turkey Products | July 2018 | Salmonella | CDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup