AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to whoever it was came for Jayme and her parents needed to be eliminated to secure getting her.
To me, it sounds like with someone who was enamored with her and had to have her or an order of a certain look and age placed (and approved) by some underground pedo ring. I just don't see this being random. imo.
The problem with this possible theory is that there are many ways Jayme could have been abducted without the dramatic murders of her parents. That is not typical, especially if she was the focus and if it were backed by a ring. As I have seen posted numerous times on WS, there are unfortunately far easier targets that abound all over the country. A ring would want to minimize exposure, this is exactly the opposite.

Lots of interesting info in your posts. That's my #2 theory (behind #1 a pervert who just wanted Jayme). But the twist is in all the early threads, that Google maps was giving out bad info on the houses there. It is just as probable that the criminal (s) hit the wrong people, were after the other neighbor with the drug history. Even LE sometimes raids a wrong house and they have great capabilities. Out of town gangsters sent to dark, rural Barron County, it would not be a surprise if they got it wrong.
Yes, mistaken identity is in my #5, it happens quite a bit. Unfortunately if they realized the mistake after shooting James, they would kill Denise and Jayme for being Witnesses. The problem is they didn't kill Jayme on the spot. So that is why its lower on my list.

I am not a gambler. The city I grew up in was corrupt in many ways. From my years living there, betting on sports was available in many bars, restaurants, Mom &Pop business.

Just ask someone and they could tell you where to go. This was many years ago, before computers were in. Truly horrible IMO.

One of the keys to knowing what shift JC worked (If it was at Jennie-O) is knowing what time the birthday party was. It was for a young child so is it likely that it would be early afternoon/lunchtime. It seems that it was more of a family gathering than a traditional childs party (MOO) Is it possible that JC was working the early shift which would mean he was unable to attend an earlier party? I can't think it was an evening party for a younger child IMOO

Why hasn't a co-worker confirmed or denied his presence at work on Sunday Oct 14th.

And overall, why so little locals/ msm involvement? I know that some friends/ relatives/ neighbors have gone public which is very helpful; the searchers were amazing; but is there a real fear of bringing that kind retaliation back on themselves if they try too hard to help solve this crime?

It’s just opposite of the Smart case where the father held a daily news cast in his driveway. Different type of case I know.

I totally get it if the locals are apprehensive, if not terrified.

Yes, the only thing that I hadn't heard before was that Jayme and her Mom left the party at 4pm (as did Denise's sister, brother in law and father). They do believe it the family was targeted but don't know why.
You can watch it here:
Family of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs shares story weeks after disappearance

One of the keys to knowing what shift JC worked (If it was at Jennie-O) is knowing what time the birthday party was. It was for a young child so is it likely that it would be early afternoon/lunchtime. It seems that it was more of a family gathering than a traditional childs party (MOO) Is it possible that JC was working the early shift which would mean he was unable to attend an earlier party? I can't think it was an evening party for a younger child IMOO

bbm

They left at 4 pm.

They could be a target and at least if they tell, the perps can be found. Either way you are looking over your shoulder.

If you don’t tell, you could be dead anyway

Yes, I would be one to go to LE and report on the hopes the killers would be arrested and the threat removed. The only thing that would change my mind about going to LE is this: knowing that, even if they're arrested, more will be coming to kill me in place of them. And that would be an organization of some sort rather than a few individuals. So, I am thinking the killers could have been just representing and taking orders from someone "larger and higher up."

Barron is tiny. I am sure LE knows most if not all of the criminals. Everybody has a cousin or a neighbor, People would talk about where to gamble and LE would have heard it in the past.

You can’t do secret gambling if no one knows about it,

I am not a gambler. The city I grew up in was corrupt in many ways. From my years living there, betting on sports was available in many bars, restaurants, Mom &Pop business.

Just ask someone and they could tell you where to go. This was many years ago, before computers were in. Truly horrible IMO.
'Truly horrible' is when people are murdered.. I wouldn't call underground gambling 'truly horrible'. It can be damaging to addicts, but so can alcohol and other substances... (or maybe I misread the post..)

Yes, I would be one to go to LE and report on the hopes the killers would be arrested and the threat removed. The only thing that would change my mind about going to LE is this: knowing that, even if they're arrested, more will be coming to kill me in place of them. And that would be an organization of some sort rather than a few individuals. So, I am thinking the killers could have been just representing and taking orders from someone "larger and higher up."

You could tell in secret. A mailed in anonymous letter

Barron is tiny. I am sure LE knows most if not all of the criminals. Everybody has a cousin or a neighbor, People would talk about where to gamble and LE would have heard it in the past.

You can’t do secret gambling if no one knows about it,
I don't think people realize just how widespread gambling is in EVERY town, big or small. I grew up hanging out in pool halls, bars, etc. It's endemic, a natural phenomenon, like rain.

'Truly horrible' is when people are murdered.. I wouldn't call underground gambling 'truly horrible'. It can be damaging to addicts, but so can alcohol and other substances... (or maybe I misread the post..)

It seems a lot of embezzling is because of gambling, Gambling can destroy families. That is really horrible.

And overall, why so little locals/ msm involvement? I know that some friends/ relatives/ neighbors have gone public which is very helpful; the searchers were amazing; but is there a real fear of bringing that kind retaliation back on themselves if they try too hard to help solve this crime?

It’s just opposite of the Smart case where the father held a daily news cast in his driveway. Different type of case I know.

I totally get it if the locals are apprehensive, if not terrified.
There's also the possibility that there's nothing for them to know. As much as I hate having cameras pointed at me, I know I wouldn't want to go on national television just to say that I don't know anything. Until I hear otherwise, or see convincing proof, I'm going to believe what everybody who knew them says: they were warm, friendly, helpful people who didn't deserve the deaths they received. I also choose to believe that Jayme is/was a quiet, friendly, helpful and busy young girl who did nothing to bring about her abduction or the death of her parents. If it turns out that I'm wrong, I'll readily admit it, but for now I'm sticking with this. MOO

In reference to all of the talk about the caretaker: Sometimes people will assign a person as a caretaker or babysitter of their child for the sole purpose of getting that child into the school district they prefer. For example: If my sister lives in what I consider a better school district than where I live, I might assign her as my daughter’s caretaker through the school board so that my daughter could go to the school I prefer her to go to. This happens a lot where I live and many times there is absolutely no actual care-taking. It’s for the sole purpose of getting a child into your school of choice. It’s not allowed by the school board and FYI I’ve never done this, but it does happen a lot. I think the use of the term care-taker kind of makes a situation like this even more likely, and even more so with the mention of calling the school board.

On a side note: The pink fluff on the chair looks like the hair of one of those troll dolls.

Last edited:
That's just it... I don't know if there is another way other than at work where people can get involved in betting on games. I don't know how large the stakes get if organized crime also runs such betting pools. I know nothing about gambling other than I played a slot machine one time and I didn't enjoy it so I have no experience and less knowledge than probably most people about the subject.
But, if James had trouble staying away from games like this and Denise was afraid her family would disapprove, it might be something she didn't want them to know about so they really don't know about it. I'm not trying to blame James at all. Millions like to play a bet now and again and a lot of us buy lottery tickets. It's a matter of degree of participation. But, like Very Veritas said, maybe it was just a question of getting in over his head just a little bit at a time with the wrong people.
And, if any of James's friends or co-workers do know, they probably are keeping quiet because of what happened to James and his family.

People can't pay you back when they are dead. If there was a life insurance policy it would have been smarter to make the death look accidental. Kidnapping a 13 year old after killing her parents is not the best way to get any sort of money. If there was any money lending going on or gambling taking a teenage girl isn't the way to keep a business going, especially if it isn't 100% legal. How many people would want to bet on anything if they're likely to get killed and have their child go missing? If that's what happens if you owe money what is keeping people quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper