AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all sure why we are discussing birdhouses, arts and crafts and dog grooming. :confused:

Maybe I am too tired to follow the logic. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time. ;)
I feel you. I brought up the dog grooming in a vague way because it struck me the dog had been shaved and made me thing of possible evidence it may have carried in it's fur if it had not been locked away at the beginning.
ETA: grammer

Last edited:
Earlier I posted that the only theory I could think of wherein Jayme is not the target was the idea of a 'crime of passion' targeting James/Denise, and simple panic @ Jayme & they took her because she could identify them.

Anyway: there are three other scenarios, all three whackadoodle

Whackadoodle #1) Some have theorized there were debts owed, & other's have rationally pointed out that there is no point in killing James/Denise, because then they'll never recoup their money. Welllll......

Maybe they decide to kill James&Denise and take Jayme - they'll wait until the reward money is where they'd like it then call in that tip, arrange for Jayme to be found, & take the money & ride off into the sunset (like to see them try it, have feeling LE will be all over them)

Whackadoodle #2) Similar in spirit to #1, however this time the plan is to make $$ by kidnapping a kid, keep her safe somewhere, call in the tip, collect the money & run. Maybe there was no intention of killing anyone, nothing went how they planned.

#3) A bunch of whackadoodles methed out, drugged out - decide to rob that quiet family in the secluded house down the street. Once again, nothing happens as they expect, they've killed someone, woman yelling, kid screaming, the dog, they forget why they even went over there, & they take Jayme: because Jayme...no reason, but these people aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree to begin with plus they are possibly methed out

So: there's some ideas....are they likely: nope

Any rational idea I come up with the motive is always Jayme

JMO

makes me really understand why they had not been doing interviews earlier. I cant imagine, they lost two, another missing, and who knows what else could happen. if the killer isn't found, and maybe even if found, they will never have even a moments peace I don't think. the whole thing is so sad. how one or two or whatever the case maybe can forever change so many lives.....the trickle down of all the family and people that loved and knew them. moo.

Not that I believe in closure...but not even knowing the “why” has to torture. Even if they had been killed over a stupid road rage event, i.e...at least they would know and not feel like they could be next, as well as trying to grieve and carry on.

If the house was not awry/messed up inside, then I doubt it was drug-related, as even with the far-fetched, imo, theory that drug money was owed, druggies can’t resist grabbing anything they can sell, looking for money or pills, etc...I am sure LE knows what those scenes look like. For LE to say they still don’t have a motive is shocking and scary. The initial weeks are so important and they are gone for good.

There has been a lot of talk in this thread about background checks. Being fingerprinted at the time of hiring or once every ten years is NOT a background check.,It’s a criminal history check and all it means is that you haven’t been caught yet.

A background check involves interviewing friends, associates, former teachers, and parents. In the case of “grooming”!you look for a male who has constantly put himself into positions or jobs where he will be close to children. A huge red flag might be a male in his 20’s or 30’s who has volunteered to coach a baseball team of 12 year olds even though he does not have a son on the team.

A thorough background check can take six months.

The problem is that no school system has the money to hire background investigators so we are stuck with applicants being fingerprinted.

Thank you Falcon500; that is essentially what happened in our town which was what I described at the beginning of this thread. The predator, it turns out, had done the same thing in nearby states, and he sometimes used other names apparently.

Why is Jaymes dog, Molly shaved now? I would think if it was to preserve evidence she would have been shaved before the the family spoke at the Sheriff's PC but looking back she wasn't. I know there could be normal explanations but none of this is normal.
Missing Wisconsin teen's family in emotional plea for her safe return
Family of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs shares story weeks after disappearance
Probably with everything on my their plates, they just simply couldn’t keep up with grooming - the same reason my 16 year old cat currently has a lion cut.

My entire county has only 3,000 people in it. We have one elementary school, one middle, and one high.

State legislation requires that anyone who volunteers at the school or in a coaching capacity must undergo a criminal background check, as well as confidentiality training. In addition, you have to get re-certified every year.

Things have changed a lot in the past 5-6 years. There are many things that our tiny school system kind of lets slide, but these background checks and security measures are not one of them.

Which county, Madison?

Its funny you mention this. I heard the caller ask about it on the interview last Friday but about a week before someone on this site had posted that they had heard about a couple who had gone missing from the area the day after the crime. They didn't give a source of the information though but the strange thing was later that day i tried to find the post and couldn't - it looked like for some reason it had been removed. I can't remember who posted it so sorry for being a bit vague.
I remember seeing it too but I think it was from a different site.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think LE 'doth protest too much'
(this is all paraphrase too many articles/interviews etc to link)

They don't have a working theory
There's a chance she's still alive
They cannot rule out if she's involved
There's no sign of anything out of the ordinary, no boyfriends...
& boyfriend you ask? Can't comment on that
There was so little DNA left
They were in the house four minutes
The cars....eh....forget it

I could go on.....& nope I don't mean any shade toward LE...I just think that they DO have a working theory......
JMO

This recall dates back to Sept. 11 production date and test. Over 90,000 pounds of Turkey recalled right before Thanksgiving is a huge financial hit to Jennie-O. People died from salmonella. Could something related to this be a motive?
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/16/health/salmonella-raw-turkey/index.html?r=https://l.facebook.com/
From the article: “There are an estimated 1.2 million salmonella cases in the United States annually, and various foods are to blame for about 1 million of those illnesses, according to the CDC.”

One person who contracted this strain has died. Several dozen were hospitalized. Until Nov 15, the source of the outbreak was not known. So, why would someone target Jennie-O on Oct 15? And why this plant in Barron, WI? And why a couple of relatively low-level employees? And why take their daughter? I’d say the odds are about a million to 1 against there being a connection.

Smith said social media rumors about her family are upsetting. There are entire Facebook groups dedicated to theories about the crime, not all of them are kind to the family. “And all that stuff on social media that’s made up, I just get so angry, I can’t even go read it anymore. It’s a tragedy, it’s horrible. Losing a sister and a brother-in-law and then have your niece missing, and people saying this about us, it’s awful. I just wish it would stop,” said Smith.

Sister, aunt opens up about Closs family tragedy

Just something to think about. The direct family members are at a loss. This doesn’t necessarily equate the killers did not know the family in some way, and these family members are putting themselves out there to keep this case in the public eye, and good job!

I think of circle of relationships of crime victims and the perpetrator(s), and a visual might be helpful.

Attachments

• C231FF5F-58DD-4734-A00C-F2C4C8D3BE0F.jpeg
    C231FF5F-58DD-4734-A00C-F2C4C8D3BE0F.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
After my initial sadness the first thing I thought after seeing Molly was ‘this dog needs to be groomed.’ dog rescuer and adopted
Thats a bit sad for the dog. Shaving a dog doesn't rid it of fleas (and you wouldn't cover with a sweater after). Tangles possibly but I was thinking it looked well groomed at the PC. Shaving can be very traumatizing on top of the trauma it's already been through. The aunt looks too kind to do that to Jayme's dog. JMO

My initial reaction when I saw Molly was sadness for the awful turn her family’s life had taken; my next thought was ‘this dog needs to be groomed.’ If longer haired dogs are matted shaving is easier and less traumatic than cutting/brushing out mats. I’ve long been involved in dog rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744