AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if police won't let the family listen to the 911 call because:
1) The call is incredibly graphic and upsetting or
2) They suspect someone in the family.

I also have started wondering if their certainty that Jayme was at home at the time of the murders is because her own (fresh) blood was discovered on the scene (edit--and she managed to run from the house?)
Sheriff indicated recently Jayme didn’t appear to be injured at the scene as far as they could tell.

My theory really has not changed from the get go. Jayme was the motive. Did her Parents stand in the way in the mind of a sick mind? Could Jayme have recently disclosed sexual abuse to her Parents? Could her Parents have confronted someone and were planning to go to LE???? IMO

I also have started wondering if their certainty that Jayme was at home at the time of the murders is because her own (fresh) blood was discovered on the scene (edit--and she managed to run from the house?)
I’m not sure this has been addressed about allowing the family to listen to the 911 call, but there is also a possibility of the call being hung out on the grapevine after they listen to it. We’ve all told something to someone we think we can trust and bam, everyone knows. Since LE has done an amazing job keeping the lid on, I can’t see them currently allowing that.

Yes.

At the 2:30 mark on the video, Sheriff Fitzgerald says,
"All I can tell you is all of the social media platforms have been searched... "

He adds at the end, "Every app you need a search warrant to go after that company so there's still search warrants out there being served."

That gives me the impression that not all possibilities concerning social media have been searched yet? Of course, I'm not 100% sure what an "app" is. Some others would be better able to interpret the entire meaning of what he said.

Pepper ~ I interpret it to mean that unless they have the password used for an account / web site, they need to solicit the web site to gain access. If you use a computer, you interact with the site online through internet access ( high speed). People who use cell phones / mobile technology have to add the site to their phone by using what’s called an “app”. It’s not a direct link like the computer.

Not to complicate it but for every web site you visit with your computer, there may be a different version of it for what’s referred to as mobile technology (your phone or a tablet). Hope that makes sense (and is correct!).

The Sheriff explicitly said that they knew Jayme was there at the time her parents were killed based on the 911 call itself - in part - and on evidence from the investigation. If there was nothing at all captured on the 911 call that indicated Jayme was there he would have simply said that they knew Jayme was there at the time of her parents being killed based on evidence from the investigation.

I happen to believe that mentioning something in the 911 call allowed law enforcement to determine Jayme was present is very significant. That there was a specific reason that the Sheriff mentioned it. There was no reason to mention the 911 call at all. He simply could have said that they knew Jayme was present at the time of the killings due to evidence from the investigation and left it at that. What the significance is, I don't know, but it seems to be something that law enforcement wanted out there.

As far as the evidence that showed LE Jayme was in the home when the crime occurred, I think one of the main things to show this was her phone attached to a charger in the kitchen.

I don't know very many people who would go out with their cell phone still charging in their house. At least not on purpose.

Two or three minutes is plenty of time to drive away before LE arrived, especially since LE was not really thinking about keeping an eye out for suspects...just responding to a 911 hang up, of which they get many. I think suspect was close enough to the phone, once dialed, to know that nothing incriminating had been said.
Right - the "hiding under the deck" scenario is a major reach, imo.

10-minute video posted yesterday which describes many of the investigative efforts including:

Investigators have scoured the Closs' phones and computers, including Jayme's. All of the social media platforms have been searched.
WATCH – One Month Missing: The Closs Mystery special report

The Sheriff seems genuinely stumped and that’s a concern. In past interviews, I’d hoped he was bluffing his confusion about the case but now I’m doubtful, esp in light of what he said about the FBI profiler.

The impression I have is that they are all too close to the situation to be able to see what’s not “normal”. Maybe their “normal” is dysfunctional or worrisome but they are just too immersed in it to understand that. That’s likely in the workplace. Also likely in the workplace are employees walking on eggshells, fearful of repercussions for talking.

I would like more insight into what was considered a “normal” day. . . Example = Did James work that day and every Sunday? If so, what shift? What exactly did he do at Jennie-O? Was there anything that happened that day at work or around / after work, that would evoke anger? This murder / subsequent abduction feels like a climax of events, something escalated to bring it on.

My theory really has not changed from the get go. Jayme was the motive. Did her Parents stand in the way in the mind of a sick mind? Could Jayme have recently disclosed sexual abuse to her Parents? Could her Parents have confronted someone and were planning to go to LE???? IMO

I’ve read here on and off but never saw this theory, and haven’t posted on this case. However, that is my top theory as well.

It would explain a lot...the motive for one and also why Jayme was taken IMO.

As far as the evidence that showed LE Jayme was in the home when the crime occurred, I think one of the main things to show this was her phone attached to a charger in the kitchen.

I don't know very many people who would go out with their cell phone still charging in their house. At least not on purpose.

Just had a thought. . . I don’t know of many teens (carrying on a clandestine relationship with boyfriend of any age) that could endure their phone being THAT far away from them. (The kitchen?!?) Most teens are so attached to their phones, they would charge it in their bedroom.

Edit to add: I don’t believe there was a boyfriend.
Second edit to add: IF there was a boyfriend, she had a second phone which would be holding the evidence they are looking for.

Last edited:
So, I’m continuing to keep an eye on home invasions.

Here’s something I thought was interesting:

‘Senseless:’ Woman, child injured in Wauwatosa home invasion, suspects sought

“Four adults and a child were held against their will for an unknown amount of time. Police said they were restrained.”

Snip

“According to police, the suspects were viciously trying to obtain financial information.“

So, it seems that even if there was not much to steal in the house, if $ was the objective, or some druggies were crazed and wanting money for a fix (atm card, cash, etc)...

Just a thought.

I do it all the time.

If the phone's not charged, there's no point to taking it with you.

A lot of people have charging stations with room for several devices. Seems like it's pretty common to put that in the kitchen near the land line, or where the land line used to be. It wouldn't surprise me if the Closs family had something like that.

Last edited:
I do it all the time.

Pretty much everyone under the age of 50 will not leave their house without their cell phone. And as you go down in age, the probability that someone would leave their house without their phone goes down. I'm in my thirties and don't know of a single friend who wouldn't have their phone on them at all times. (maybe with the exception of going on a run or something like that.)

If Jayme's phone was in the house (and it has been reported that it was), then she was in the house when this happened.

Last edited:
Just had a thought. . . I don’t know of many teens (carrying on a clandestine relationship with boyfriend of any age) that could endure their phone being THAT far away from them. (The kitchen?!?) Most teens are so attached to their phones, they would charge it in their bedroom.

Edit to add: I don’t believe there was a boyfriend.
Second edit to add: IF there was a boyfriend, she had a second phone which would be holding the evidence they are looking for.
A lot of parents are involved, have phone restrictions, use software, or check their child's phone regularly. This doesn't seem unusual to me.

Pretty much everyone under the age of 50 will not leave their house without their cell phone. And as you go down in age, the probability that someone would leave their house without their phone goes down. I'm in my thirties and don't know of a single friend who wouldn't have their phone on them at all times. (maybe with the exception of going on a run or something like that.)

If Jayme's phone was in the house (and it has been reported that it was), then she was in the house when this happened.
BBM - in your opinion.
One of my sons doesn't even have one, and he's definitely under 50. I know a lot of 13 year olds who don't live on their phones (but probably just as many who do.) I believe she was in the house when it happened, but not because her phone was charging. At that time on a school night, she was probably sleeping when it all started. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn