AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roadrunner.Web
6400 cars a day pass the Closs home on average. East of there in the City of Barron 13100 cars a day pass through. You can navigate the interactive map at the link above. Here are screen shots showing the counts at locations on Rt 8.

The first one shows the 13100 traffic counts in the City of Barron.

View attachment 156457

The second one is less than 1 mile west of the Closs home showing a 6400 daily average.

View attachment 156456

Thank you for this detail.

I still think taking her at the bus stop is less risky than taking the risk of James with a gun and having to murder two people for her.

I strongly believe the murder + the kidnapping were the goal.

Obviously we don’t all agree on that and that’s ok!

Once again that’s the number of cars on the highway TOTAL. Not the ones that pass through the section in front of the Closs home.

I live in a more populated state on a larger and more frequently traveled state highway and on a busy day tops 35 cars pass my home. My trusty Labrador alerts to every single one. The Closs home looks FAR isolated than mine even is. Though we both have a dairy farm on our corner!

I’m betting only a small fraction of 6,000 cars actually pass that house.
Labs are great. I have door frame painted every 18 months. There protective as heck. Honestly wouldn’t go near my house if I didn’t know people 2 dogs going nuts i
Once again that’s the number of cars on the highway TOTAL. Not the ones that pass through the section in front of the Closs home.

I live in a more populated state on a larger and more frequently traveled state highway and on a busy day tops 35 cars pass my home. My trusty Labrador alerts to every single one. The Closs home looks FAR isolated than mine even is. Though we both have a dairy farm on our corner!

I’m betting only a small fraction of 6,000 cars actually pass that house.

Have 2 labs and they are great... but have to paint door frame every 18 months. There are mental if anyone near house. Wasn’t my house I would not go near place. There loud

Roadrunner.Web
6400 cars a day pass the Closs home on average. East of there in the City of Barron 13100 cars a day pass through. You can navigate the interactive map at the link above. Here are screen shots showing the counts at locations on Rt 8.

View attachment 156457

View attachment 156456
Awesome Jethrow4WS thanks for this!
The second one is less than 1 mile west of the Closs home showing a 6400 daily average.

Something else to consider in regard to time of the crime, is the perps schedule. If this was premeditated and planned, he/she had to do it when it was least likely for him/her to go unnoticed. Also, because this is an unusual time of night with very little in the area open, I would be curious to see who strolled through a convenient store or whatever was open at that time. I mean if it was preplanned, wouldnt they plan an alibi too?

Something else to consider in regard to time of the crime, is the perps schedule. If this was premeditated and planned, he/she had to do it when it was least likely for him/her to go unnoticed. Also, because this is an unusual time of night with very little in the area open, I would be curious to see who strolled through a convenient store or whatever was open at that time. I mean if it was preplanned, wouldnt they plan an alibi too?

You'd be surprised at the number of people that plan a crime and little to nothing after. Most often because the people who commit these crimes think incredibly highly of themselves.

In which case, no need to plan an alibi - they're too smart to get caught !

I still think taking her at the bus stop is less risky than taking the risk of James with a gun and having to murder two people for her.

I think the size of house factors into it... reason to do at night at the house ....that’s a small house... average size of Taco Bell is about 2000 square feet...

There home was smaller than that... so very small house with all 3 on same floor.. 1 Am with no shoes on half asleep. 2 loud gunshots almost work in your favor. Disorienting at least...if neighbor is woke by sound 100 yards away. Imagine being 20 feet from that sound ...

I think the size of house factors into it... reason to do at night at the house ....that’s a small house... average size of Taco Bell is about 2000 square feet...

There home was smaller than that... so very small house with all 3 on same floor.. 1 Am with no shoes on half asleep. 2 loud gunshots almost work in your favor. Disorienting at least...if neighbor is woke by sound 100 yards away. Imagine being 20 feet from that sound ...

BBM is that roughly the correct distance between the Closs house and their neighbors? I've been looking for that information and hadn't seen it.

I think those things would be easily navigated on that rural road. More easily navigated than confronting a very possibly armed James who very possibly isn't in bed at that time.

Someone posted 6000 plus vehicles are on that highway per day. How many is that per minute, but figure less at night

Roadrunner.Web

View attachment 156457

View attachment 156456
I seriously question whether that road averages 6400 cars per day. I know that’s what it says, but that works out to one car every 13.5 seconds 24 hours a day. I can’t fathom that being accurate.

Do we have any conformation of James' schedule the day of the murders? I know I've seen it speculated that he had just gotten off of work but then I also saw he may not have worked that day.

If he had just gotten off of work it supports my idea that the time was calculated and the perp was hoping James wouldn't be armed or would be coming in , changing, set his weapon down or put it away, etc.

Do you think a responsible home with a teen has a loaded gun available easily?

This would be assuming that the person has a sexual motivation.
I'm not 100% sure that's the case here. Possible, but I'm starting to lean away from that theory.

Jmo but having a teen sounds like no picnic even if yours...maybe that is why I cannot wrap my head around taking one, if not for sexual purposes, as that always seems to be the motive...jmo

Roadrunner.Web

View attachment 156457

View attachment 156456
OK, so now 60,000. If it is 6400, thats still a heck of alot of traffic and a much higher risk during the day, IMO

There are 6000+ cars that travel on SOME PART OF that highway every day. That's not 6000 cars that pass by the Closs house on a daily basis. I'd say it's not even close to a FRACTION of those cars that travel that particular stretch.

Maybe not the LEAST risky but certainly far less risk than staring down James gun IMO

Why do you say those cars don’t travel there?

I have posted this before. If you do answer the door with a gun, probably you are going to make some determinations before you blast away. Those seconds of hesitation get you killed.

The perp knows he is coming to kill so there is zero heistation.

The perp could say there was an accident. Kaboom.

I wonder if LE have investigated the neighbours claim about the said gunshots? Have they tried firing off two shots with a similar weapon used in the crime outside the Closs property at 12.30 am while at the same time have someone sat in the neighbours bedroom to see if they could indeed hear the two shots? Only a small point i know but it could help in confirming the timeline of events that night.

I'm really really disappointed that LE is not doing a better job on this. This person is outsmarting them, Wow. Small community, big populous plant, how hard can this be?

With all due respect it’s easy to be an armchair quarterback. Specifically, what else would you have local law enforcement and the FBI do?

Perhaps the perp took both scenarios into account before the crime, and low and behold he guessed right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1