AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the country...woods. sound travels. The nearest house to me is 650 feet and I can hear talking from their yard. The police and whoever arrived no more than 30 minutes after they heard the gunshots. I am not arguing this, but speaking from personal knowledge. I hear gunshots all the time, but I stay awake for a bit to make sure they were innocent gun shots.
I'm not accusing the neighbor's of anything, just stating I think it odd.

I lived in the country in MN . My daughter lived three hundred feet to the north. Son, three hundred feet to the east. I never ever would hear anything. No cars. No talking.

But, I could hear gunshots all of the time from people shooting . It wa totally against the law. You could not shoot wothin 300 feet of any bulding That included sheds.

I always thought it would be easy to shoot someone where we lived because no one pid amy attention. Altnough if I heard a lot of shooting I would not take a walk. Deer season we stayed in the house even though deer hunting was forbidden anywhere near where I lived.

Sound depends on the wind, your elevation, their elevation, the loudness.

Thank you.
It doesn't add up with what he said in the Dryden Wire interview on (11/9) though. Why wait on the Amber Alert to make sure she's not at a friends or family if she was heard in the 911 call. Obviously if she was heard, she wasn't elsewhere!!!
It's confusing.

At the time of LE investigating where she was, they had not heard the 911 call yet. They probably didn’t hear the 911 call until a day or more later.

As far as the Amber Alert, LE wanted it issued far earlier than it was...they probably wanted it issued as soon as they confirmed in their minds that she was missing. But they didn’t meet the criteria for having one issued, as they didn’t have a suspect and/or a vehicle. IIRC, they had to request it from the FBI a couple of times that day before the FBI decided to go ahead and issue it, under special circumstances so to speak, ie. without meeting the standard criteria.

Make more sense now? Or have I confused the issue even more lol.

Well i am glad that was cleared up since it made no sense saying it was a .22 or either a .410.

Just shows how often someone in the media can get it wrong.

A high powered handgun is also extremely loud when fired.

That is why most who target shoot at a gun range with a high powered handgun uses protective hearing head gear.

If not it can cause major loss of hearing. That is why police officers always use the same protective gear at the police gun range.

I still believe it was a handgun. Long guns are too bulky and almost impossible to conceal.

Imo

Last edited:
I lived in the country in MN . My daughter lived three hundred feet to the north. Son, three hundred feet to the east. I never ever would hear anything. No cars. No talking.

But, I could hear gunshots all of the time from people shooting . It wa totally against the law. You could not shoot wothin 300 feet of any bulding That included sheds.

I always thought it would be easy to shoot someone where we lived because no one pid amy attention. Altnough if I heard a lot of shooting I would not take a walk. Deer season we stayed in the house even though deer hunting was forbidden anywhere near where I lived.

Sound depends on the wind, your elevation, their elevation, the loudness.
You are right. Sound bounces off solid objects, but seems to go right thru the woods. I live outside city jurisdiction, but I wish it was illegal out here. The point I was aiming for was that no matter how often I hear shooting, I am never used to it. Shots that close at midnight or later I would not be comfortable with. I'd be awake for quite awhile and looking out my windows. It is a moot point now, sadly.

At the time of LE investigating where she was, they had not heard the 911 call yet. They probably didn’t hear the 911 call until a day or more later.

As far as the Amber Alert, LE wanted it issued far earlier than it was...they probably wanted it issued as soon as they confirmed in their minds that she was missing. But they didn’t meet the criteria for having one issued, as they didn’t have a suspect and/or a vehicle. IIRC, they had to request it from the FBI a couple of times that day before the FBI decided to go ahead and issue it, under special circumstances so to speak, ie. without meeting the standard criteria.

Make more sense now? Or have I confused the issue even more lol.

Criteria for issuing Amber Alert in WI
https://amberalertwisconsin.org

this is pure speculation only. what if someone local done the crime and took her and ran, that maybe LE knows or has idea of who but not where they are now, how long do you think they could stay on the run having to use cash only? if they used a card they would be caught and known where it was used is why I say cash only. I would think there would eventualy be more crimes if for no other reason than to get cash to keep on running. not saying this is how it is happening, just thinking.

this is pure speculation only. what if someone local done the crime and took her and ran, that maybe LE knows or has idea of who but not where they are now, how long do you think they could stay on the run having to use cash only? if they used a card they would be caught and known where it was used is why I say cash only. I would think there would eventualy be more crimes if for no other reason than to get cash to keep on running. not saying this is how it is happening, just thinking.

I think the easiest out on this is ...
I don’t think these a law abiding citizens. They could be using drug money, assumed identities, money they’ve stashed, crash houses, etc.

Though they also could be “hiding in plain sight” like Aerial Castro who spent years still doing his job and living like life was completely normal with three kidnapped teenagers chained up in his house.

I just can't imagine that police would stay silent if they had any idea of who may be behind it, not when there's a life (or lives) at stake. I'm starting to think that they have no idea who has her, what happened, or why this crime took place.

I'm NOT an expert, but I've been in DOZENS of ranch-style (one-level) homes of a certain era. Building upon the artist's rendering of a typical rancher/rambler posted earlier, in my experience older honms do not have an open floor plan, and are the kitchen is often separated room the living by the enclosed staircase to the basement, which is often a straight staircase (as opposed to a half staircase, landing, second half one).... the Closs rambler likely had two but possibly three bedrooms on the main level.

I concur with others here, the reference to Jayme's bedroom being to the immediate right of the sliding door is an overstatement. I think it's more probable that the clothing thief entered the home, proceeded immediately toward the bedrooms where he found Jayme's on the right.

MOO.

I just can't imagine that police would stay silent if they had any idea of who may be behind it, not when there's a life (or lives) at stake. I'm starting to think that they have no idea who has her, what happened, or why this crime took place.

LE would absolutely NOT release it to the public if they thought Jayme is alive. It would put her at immediate risk.

They never said she was heard on the 911 call, just that the evidence from the call helped them to determine she was there. It may have been someone calling her name, or her screaming, or something that indicates she was there. What makes the most sense is that they identified her voice or the sound of her voice. What else could it be?
The 911 call had nothing to do with the Amber Alert or determing whether or not she was in the home that night. They knew a child lived there and had to make a series of calls to make sure she was indeed missing from the home. They could not have possibly determined that by the 911 call, they had not used the technology to perfect the sound quality yet. That information came several days later. Imo
Also they initially had trouble putting out the Amber alert as it did not meet certain conditions, such as having a plate #. More phone calls that took up more time were needed. I think the FBI was the agency that was finally able to get it done.

I'm NOT an expert, but I've been in DOZENS of ranch-style (one-level) homes of a certain era. Building upon the artist's rendering of a typical rancher/rambler posted earlier, in my experience older honms do not have an open floor plan, and are the kitchen is often separated room the living by the enclosed staircase to the basement, which is often a straight staircase (as opposed to a half staircase, landing, second half one).... the Closs rambler likely had two but possibly three bedrooms on the main level.

I concur with others here, the reference to Jayme's bedroom being to the immediate right of the sliding door is an overstatement. I think it's more probable that the clothing thief entered the home, proceeded immediately toward the bedrooms where he found Jayme's on the right.

MOO.

I'll add my 2 cents/perspective on the home design/floor plan for consideration: kitchen's and bath's are often side by side or back to back to save money on plumbing costs. Find the top of the exhaust (aka: stink pipe) in the roof to locate bathroom, and I'd bet the kitchen is close by.

LE would absolutely NOT release it to the public if they thought Jayme is alive. It would put her at immediate risk.

They did with Hannah Anderson, the young girl from Virgina whose name escapes me right now, the girl who was taken out of state by her teacher, and others.
Eta Brittany Smith from VA...found in SF, CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel