AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the pics I seen look to have same furniture as the house the family interview was in and I assume that is aunts house. maybe? I don't know.

I'm with you on the "I don't know!"
I think I have a pretty good idea of layout because of the types of windows on the front. I'm baffled as to why I can't find any information on the square footage or confirmed number of bedrooms though and it has me hesitating.

I think I have a pretty good idea of layout because of the types of windows on the front. I'm baffled as to why I can't find any information on the square footage or confirmed number of bedrooms though and it has me hesitating.
Possible it was a manufactured home. Pretty popular choice around the upper Midwest.

pic of front door damage has a cabinet faceing front door. I am sure there is a wall there. maybe a coat closet on other side of wall, who knows, I just don't think that cabinet would just be free standing there without a wall behind it and that is as far as I go with any theory on lay out.

pic of front door damage has a cabinet facing front door. I am sure there is a wall there. maybe a coat closet on other side of wall, who knows, I just don't think that cabinet would just be free standing there without a wall behind it and that is as far as I go with any theory on lay out.

You know I'm going to ask you for this photo, right ? o_O:D

This is pretty close to what my best theory is with a few differences. I don’t think there were two perps. Though someone may have been waiting somewhere for them and Jayme.

I also don’t see heavy drug involvement on the night of the crime. It’s too clean, IMO to have been someone high on anything major. I think this was very planned for the specific reason of killing James and Denise and taking Jayme. A tit for tat move.

I’m more concerned that if this is as you and I seem to believe... what is the exit strategy? I don’t think they thought that far.
The talk of an exit strategy to me implies that they took Jayme and kept her alive. To keep from saying horrific and depressing things, I’ll just say I don’t think that happened.

I'm on the same page/same line of thinking as you bizzle2 as far as the timeline. There have been several hints that the timeline is shorter and neighbors reported time of hearing gunshots may not be accurate or relevant. Plus LE has never even made mention of the 12:31 gunshots. I think it's also important to think about the info that LE has that we do not know. LE knows when the vehicles of interest passed certain points because they know where the cameras are located and the time of the recordings-- they probably can even estimate the speed of the vehicles. They may have the vehicles on camera going towards the residence as well as away. They may be leaning towards a more narrow timeline of events based on those vehicles or the lack of any other vehicles in the 30 minutes leading up to the 911 call. They also likely know things about Denise's phone-- like if it was charging on the charger, they can tell what time the phone was removed to call 911. They have known for a long time the family was all accounted for in the house at 10 PM when Denise spoke to one of her sisters. We only learned that recently but there may be other things LE knows that clarify the family's timeline inside the house and point to the timing of the attack. I'm choosing to listen to the sheriff when he says this crime did not take very long. One thing I am giving leeway on, however, is the amount of evidence left behind. I hope the sheriff is bluffing on that a little and only saying that to make it seem like they have nothing. They might actually have DNA but have not yet identified it. But that's only a hope I have. JMO.

Jumping off your post -
Police can tell when the phones were last charged, for how long and from what level to what level (eg: 20% charged to 60%) - at least they can on an iPhone. Not sure about other devices. They can also see how long recent calls lasted and who called in or out to each device (phone records or the device itself). They can see texts in and out on the device and which games / apps were used when and how long.

Evidence: what we don’t know and is possible: Fitzgerald said they have evidence from the 911 call and the scene that show Jayme was home at the time of the homicides. We haven’t considered this yet but maybe there was a video clip taken on a device of the attack? Someone called 911 from the home so maybe someone also activated a camera? Maybe a still photo from the scene? Purely speculation and not even mentioned by LE but it’s possible. I’m doubtful someone activated a camera on a device but I know it has happened in other cases soooo - we just don’t know what was left or found at the scene. Whatever it was I hope it’s enough to find Jayme!

A 410 is a shot gun used for bird hunting or small game eg. squirrel or rabbit.
A 410 is a very unusual weapon. Seldom used for bird hunting as it doesn’t throw much shot and seldom used for squirrel or rabbit because it pepppers them. I’ve only carried one in rock quarries with rattlesnakes - it does a good job of keeping those nasty suckers in check.

Haven't been here in a week or so. Quick question (so I won't have to scroll for days HA!) Has it come out that the perp was wearing booties, or is that speculation? And on what basis? Thanks in advance!

No shoe prints with 2 people dead... reason thinking for booties...now seems more logical for perp to shoot twice at entryway and possibly never enter...

No shoe prints with 2 people dead... reason thinking for booties...now seems more logical for perp to shoot twice at entryway and possibly never enter...
Seriously though, unless somebody walked through mud or stepped in a pool of blood would you expect to find footprints? Any of you that had family over for thanksgiving, see if you can find footprints or tire tracks indicating they were there. I did, and I don’t see anything.

Has anyone heard of it lights were on in the house when LE arrived?

Also, am I imagining things or in the beginning of this case, was there confirmation that in 911 call audio, “you don’t have to do this” and “help” was heard?

I don’t know why I think I heard this somewhere.

Ok, I will shut up and listen.

A 410 is a very unusual weapon. Seldom used for bird hunting as it doesn’t throw much shot and seldom used for squirrel or rabbit because it pepppers them. I’ve only carried one in rock quarries with rattlesnakes - it does a good job of keeping those nasty suckers in check.
My brother used one for shooting rats in a friend's barn.

Has anyone heard of it lights were on in the house when LE arrived?

Also, am I imagining things or in the beginning of this case, was there confirmation that in 911 call audio, “you don’t have to do this” and “help” was heard?

I don’t know why I think I heard this somewhere.

Ok, I will shut up and listen.
I noticed that the light over the door (outside) was on in pictures, but have no idea if one of the family turned it on or one of the first responders/investigative team.
Someone here has repeatedly suggested that the first part may have been on there, but it's never been said or suggested by LE or MSM. I believe the "help" may have been mentioned in one of the early articles, but LE won't comment on it anymore. MOO

Matthew Hoffman | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Matthew Hoffman, killed three during a home invasion. Brutally and with a serrated hunting knife. He also dismembered them and killed the family dog.

All while a 13yo girl was bound in the kitchen. She had no idea he had even killed her mother, brother and mothers friend. He then kidnapped the girl.

Police ran into Matthew at least twice (once during a search and once in a park) over the next several days and became suspicious of him. They never released this information to the public or said anything to the public about vehicles he was using. They simply followed him until something tipped them off that the girl was in the house. The next morning they went in and found both perp and victim (alive).

That's just one I know of, for sure off the top of my head and it's a short time line but I know there are others. If they have a POI and believe that POI can lead them to a missing child they won't put information out there that could lead to the person either killing the child or running before they have enough evidence to make an arrest.
Seriously though, unless somebody walked through mud or stepped in a pool of blood would you expect to find footprints? Any of you that had family over for thanksgiving, see if you can find footprints or tire tracks indicating they were there. I did, and I don’t see anything.

You bring up valid point...and another ws brought up another valid point ... carpet would be worse... I’ve got room with Berber carpet I don’t think u would see an elephant footprint in....

Here’s my thinking... neighbor hear 2 shots likely 2/3 seconds apart max... both loud as hell... we know James was found In entryway... likely first shot.. followed by Denise... with blood... gun shot damage to people chair house u would think it would cause print ..,

If perp is done then goes to side door to get jayme ?? Or 2nd perp does. I would really like to see inside house flooring..

Again... I’m hopeful that they find perp..
Woulda thought shoeprint helped..

You bring up valid point...and another ws brought up another valid point ... carpet would be worse... I’ve got room with Berber carpet I don’t think u would see an elephant footprint in....

Here’s my thinking... neighbor hear 2 shots likely 2/3 seconds apart max... both loud as hell... we know James was found In entryway... likely first shot.. followed by Denise... with blood... gun shot damage to people chair house u would think it would cause print ..,

If perp is done then goes to side door to get jayme ?? Or 2nd perp does. I would really like to see inside house flooring..

Again... I’m hopeful that they find perp..
Woulda thought shoeprint helped..
I think it most likely the neighbors hear shots fired at the doorway, they wouldn’t necessarily hear shots muffled from within the house. I get the distinct impression there were more than two shots fired.

Snakes is why I bought mine. But grew up with 410 or 20 gauge for dove. Could never shoot a squirrel. I remember when eating rabbit or squirrel being told to watch out for buckshot. Long long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1