AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the neighbours were close enough to hear the dog barking should it have barked.
Does anyone know if the dog was in the house or outside.

And does anyone have a similar dog? I'm curious how such a dog would behave in a shooting. Keep barking or be quiet and/or flee.

I wonder if the neighbours were close enough to hear the dog barking should it have barked.

And does anyone have a similar dog? I'm curious how such a dog would behave in a shooting. Keep barking or be quiet and/or flee.
I have a Schnauzer and a Frenchie. If there was gunfire in the house they would hide. If it stopped, they would bark. Deers are running thru right now and they are going crazy barking.

I think the behavior of the dog is likely individual to the dog. Ie; I have one lab that would fight to the death for me and another who cowers and runs when I throw a ball for her to fetch.

About the lack of footprints.....IF there was a lot of blood, I think it would be very difficult to avoid stepping in it in a relatively small house, no? In a hurried situation, it would be a challenge to carefully step so that one is not in a cast off spot of blood. However, if there was NOT a lot of blood, then it would be much easier to step around it.

I have ZERO knowledge about guns, but I do know of a person who committed suicide by shooting herself in the head, and whatever weapon she used, there was not much blood, it just looked like she had laid her head down on the table and went to sleep. I am guessing there are handguns that make wounds that are lethal if aimed in right part of the body, but do not leave a horribly messy scene. Is that true, and could that be the case here?

Jumping off your post -
Police can tell when the phones were last charged, for how long and from what level to what level (eg: 20% charged to 60%) - at least they can on an iPhone. Not sure about other devices. They can also see how long recent calls lasted and who called in or out to each device (phone records or the device itself). They can see texts in and out on the device and which games / apps were used when and how long.

Evidence: what we don’t know and is possible: Fitzgerald said they have evidence from the 911 call and the scene that show Jayme was home at the time of the homicides. We haven’t considered this yet but maybe there was a video clip taken on a device of the attack? Someone called 911 from the home so maybe someone also activated a camera? Maybe a still photo from the scene? Purely speculation and not even mentioned by LE but it’s possible. I’m doubtful someone activated a camera on a device but I know it has happened in other cases soooo - we just don’t know what was left or found at the scene. Whatever it was I hope it’s enough to find Jayme!

It's too bad they didn't have one of those Ring doorbell cameras. Or even a WiFi doorbell that could tell a time if the perp rang the doorbell. It looks like a normal doorbell. I was trying to think of other things that LE might be able to check to narrow down the times... I wonder if any of their outdoor lights were motion detectors. I have some motion detectors that go off after a set number of minutes with no motion. If motion lights were still on as LE pulled up the driveway that could give them an idea of how long ago the perps had to have left prior to LE's arrival.

The porch light is on in this picture but we don't know if it was on when police arrived, if it was turned on or if perhaps it is a motion light:
5218622-6296561-The_front_door_of_the_Closs_home_is_seen_on_Wednesday_It_appears-a-36_1540012150974.jpg

Mother of Wisconsin 13-year-old Jayme Closs was the 'family angel' | Daily Mail Online
ar-old-Jayme-Closs-family-angel.html

The light may be a normal light but looks similar in style to this one:
gZHO0ki2iUFK2Wp49NLxduKEyPKqtI_jaq6s7IBIZb9_OC647pylG5Oq4HVEiLXiXLXyGzuqAtoP-514QV9ZMjfB-oDZx1ktLMqSkgI3j8krXSdAS2I0q8B8v7Dx18bSAJRJdmdHYOFrkMt4RzwF7WFLY2iXEDmbwSuaCYAzMDDwAYbscCnSMBZmSgDrSMUhQxtibG0qU3L9HBKXcFzY=s500-pd-e365-pc0xffffff

Google Express

I think the behavior of the dog is likely individual to the dog. Ie; I have one lab that would fight to the death for me and another who cowers and runs when I throw a ball for her to fetch.
About the lack of footprints.....IF there was a lot of blood, I think it would be very difficult to avoid stepping in it in a relatively small house, no? In a hurried situation, it would be a challenge to carefully step so that one is not in a cast off spot of blood. However, if there was NOT a lot of blood, then it would be much easier to step around it.

I have ZERO knowledge about guns, but I do know of a person who committed suicide by shooting herself in the head, and whatever weapon she used, there was not much blood, it just looked like she had laid her head down on the table and went to sleep. I am guessing there are handguns that make wounds that are lethal if aimed in right part of the body, but do not leave a horribly messy scene. Is that true, and could that be the case here?

You could be right... only sheriff and police truly know... my thought was weapon could be ar15 or large cal handgun. If that’s case then crime scene likely not pretty...

Always a chance smaller cal handgun on James temple and not a lot of mess..

Based on noise I don’t see that...

See article below ( again. I don’t know if ar15 was it...). But I can’t see small handgun..

Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’

Hard to predict whether a handgun wound will be bloody or not. Lots of variables. Just about any caliber can range from almost no blood at all to a whole lot of blood.

It's too bad they didn't have one of those Ring doorbell cameras. Or even a WiFi doorbell that could tell a time if the perp rang the doorbell. It looks like a normal doorbell. I was trying to think of other things that LE might be able to check to narrow down the times... I wonder if any of their outdoor lights were motion detectors. I have some motion detectors that go off after a set number of minutes with no motion. If motion lights were still on as LE pulled up the driveway that could give them an idea of how long ago the perps had to have left prior to LE's arrival.

The porch light is on in this picture but we don't know if it was on when police arrived, if it was turned on or if perhaps it is a motion light:
5218622-6296561-The_front_door_of_the_Closs_home_is_seen_on_Wednesday_It_appears-a-36_1540012150974.jpg

Mother of Wisconsin 13-year-old Jayme Closs was the 'family angel' | Daily Mail Online
ar-old-Jayme-Closs-family-angel.html

The light may be a normal light but looks similar in style to this one:
gZHO0ki2iUFK2Wp49NLxduKEyPKqtI_jaq6s7IBIZb9_OC647pylG5Oq4HVEiLXiXLXyGzuqAtoP-514QV9ZMjfB-oDZx1ktLMqSkgI3j8krXSdAS2I0q8B8v7Dx18bSAJRJdmdHYOFrkMt4RzwF7WFLY2iXEDmbwSuaCYAzMDDwAYbscCnSMBZmSgDrSMUhQxtibG0qU3L9HBKXcFzY=s500-pd-e365-pc0xffffff

Google Express

If they had ring ... woulda helped a ton...
based on drug arrest and sex offenders stunned there not more home cams in Barron that would help...

Anyone know if perp(s) have cell phone that hits Closs WiFi will it register ... even if they don’t try and connect...I’m grasping here..
I’m guessing phone would have to be on and they try using their WiFi to leave digital info ??

Some people in WI, especially older people have an accent. About at the boat could mean he was fishing or just checking his boat. Why would you fish that late at night? Seems suspicious to me.

The late night fishing doesn't seem at all suspicious to me. I usually fish the overnight hours from mid-July through October and there are always a few other rigs at the launch. I can see how it might seem suspicious to others; my neighbors used to think I was up to no good when I'd leave at midnight with the boat trailered up...now they just think I'm nuts.

Interesting that you mention the older folks in WI having the accent...I'll have to listen for it when I get over there in a few weeks.

I do not (at all) agree with the proposed floor plan for quite a few reasons and generations of real estate, home construction/ engineering, rental properties and flipping experience in my family.

First, open floor plans weren't a thing at the time this house was built.

Second the large picture window on the front of the house to left is almost certainly the living room. This isn't a luxury home build that would put larger picture windows in a master bedroom. The big windows = living room in 90% of houses.

The proposed floor plan also puts two very different windows in the living room. One that is taller and double wide and one that is short and small. This is unlikely. If there were two windows in the living room on the same wall they would likely match.

Second, builders often avoid putting bedrooms over top of garages because it costs them more to do so. Insulation to keep the bedrooms warm and to reduce noise. It also usually means finishing the ceiling in the basement (which many builders don't do).

I think the odd placement of the deck off the east side of the house where I believe the bedrooms are located was done for practical and economical purposes as an add on (maybe when that permit was pulled that someone mentioned).

Previously the house had no exit aside a front door. Having been in these types of homes for both buying and selling purposes this is a huge deterrent and major inconvenience especially if the family has a dog (it means the dog is left to go out the front door for it's business or you have to go up/down steps to let them out).

The only other option would be to do a deck off of the back elevated second floor (likely kitchen, which I believe it centrally located or located to the back north side) which would be a costly endeavor and require a level of skill that would likely require a professional install (most states require that staircases on decks that are two stories tall have at least one landing which increases cost significantly, has to meet code regulations, etc.).

My guess is that the deck was built (maybe coinciding with getting Molly) and the door added at the end of the hallway leading to the bedrooms then because taking her out got to be a pain in the butt. It's an odd placement but would have given that second exit they needed and allowed James to do the work himself at a significant savings.

Their house is out of city limits. Where I lived in MN in a small township, we did not have a building inspector, only a zoning administrator, There was no one overseeing any plumbing, electrical, or budiling codes at all. The only thing was setbacks and allowed uses in a zone.

Their house could have been built by a homeowner and have nothing that is similar to any other house,

Maybe their area has a building inspector, but that takes money to hire one for the community.

Their house is out of city limits. Where I lived in MN in a small township, we did not have a building inspector, only a zoning administrator, There was no one overseeing any plumbing, electrical, or budiling codes at all. The only thing was setbacks and allowed uses in a zone.

Their house could have been built by a homeowner and have nothing that is similar to any other house,

Maybe their area has a building inspector, but that takes money to hire one for the community.

We don't even have a zoning administrator where I live. Anyone can build any type of structure with any floorplan and use it for any (legal) purpose. I can put up a new building in my backyard using plans from my imagination and turn it into a storefront and it would be fine. So yes, there are many houses that follow no particular plan. We partly designed our own house and there's not another one similar to it in our county. It makes appraisals difficult when people go to sell, of course.

We don't even have a zoning administrator where I live. Anyone can build any type of structure with any floorplan and use it for any (legal) purpose. I can put up a new building in my backyard using plans from my imagination and turn it into a storefront and it would be fine. So yes, there are many houses that follow no particular plan. We partly designed our own house and there's not another one similar to it in our county. It makes appraisals difficult when people go to sell, of course.

And to think I had to have zoning approval on my 1 acre property in Ct to build a 6’ x 9’ deck/balcony. It was denied!

And to think I had to have zoning approval on my 1 acre property in Ct to build a 6’ x 9’ deck/balcony. It was denied!

In the next county over, a family of an autistic child got fined $5,000 for putting one of those wooden playhouses in their backyard for their son. Not only did they not get permission from their HOA, but they also didn't get the proper zoning permission license. I may live out in the middle of nowhere, but nobody cares what we do on our properties out here.

Seriously though, unless somebody walked through mud or stepped in a pool of blood would you expect to find footprints? Any of you that had family over for thanksgiving, see if you can find footprints or tire tracks indicating they were there. I did, and I don’t see anything.
Back in the day, we had Thanksgiving at my Aunt and Uncle's house. One year, they had gotten all new light tan almost white carpet ( who gets white carpet?!) At some point, from exiting my car to walking into their front door I stepped in dog feces unbeknownst to me. I proceeded into the house, greeting eveyone from room to room until..... there was a smell.
Yes, there were footprints and many of them. Weird thing was, they didn't have a dog.
Thankfully they were gracious, I felt awful.
Weeks later they sent me a tshirt in the mail '*advertiser censored* Happens'

....the Closs family did have a dog. But it doesn't sound like those type of footprints were left, unfortunately in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member