AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

I don't know about WI homes of course but rarely is a bathroom located near the kitchen where we are. Guest baths and master bathrooms are commonly put on the opposite end of the home or on the wall opposite of where the kitchen is located if the master bedroom is on the front side of home and kitchen located on back wall.

Jmo

My house is about the same size as the Closs's, but mine has only one small window, which is in the kitchen. The rest are almost the same size as the doors. My house is a manufactured home. The LR, DR and kitchen are on one end, master bed and bath and small BR on the other end, with a small bed and bath in the hallway between the master BR and LR. The LR, DR and kitchen are all open. The small bath shares one wall with the kitchen and another wall with the master bath, and a third wall with closet space in the master BR and hallway. All the plumbing is easily accessible through the crawl space and located close together.

On the Closs's home, from the front, the picture window looks like LR, the small widow looks like a kitchen window and there's a vent pipe above and to the right of that window, so I think that's where the stove is. The deck is probably off the DR, next to the kitchen. JMO.

I can't seem to link the house photo, but to me it looks like the basement access/exterior door is to the right, closer to the garage end. It's a lighter color.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

Never - not once - in my decades of sleuthing and true crime interest have I seen a group of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies rapidly coordinate and swarm in on an utterly horrific scene and then shortly thereafter appear almost disinterested and "matter of fact" about the case (and generally unavailable). I mean, two people have been brutally and heinously murdered, their daughter purportedly kidnapped, and this story became a page 10'er in the local papers in a week or two. How does that happen?

Also, never before have I seen members of a victims' family appeal directly to a purported victim to come home during a press conference if that purported victim had no say in whether she could come home. I know that some think this could be a master maneuver by Jason Gideon-like profilers to appeal to a perp's sensibilities, but what kind of person who has just murdered two people in cold blood is going to suddenly find his or her "feels"? No one, that's who. So that theory doesn't make sense. So where does that leave us?

Not to mention they have a 911 recording and two - count them - TWO - vehicles of interest, and purportedly not one of them has been located and/or processed to date. How does that work, exactly?

This case is and has been quite strange and unsettling from the get go, IMO.

JMO.

Last edited:
Many townships outsource those duties to engineering companies. I remodeled a basement, put in a new bath in a rural Central WI home and had to go through the drill every step of the way. I had to pull a permit and then have the inspector(s) check plumbing, electrical, insulation etc. I guess it depends on the area. They keep track of it so they can jack the taxes.

O/t. In my township, it is “buyer beware.” A very expensive home burned down. Why was it so cold in the house? It was only insulated a little way up . The rest was hollow. Nice chimney effect as well.

We had to redo our wiring. Fortunately, my husband could do it. He found hot lines that went to nowhere. There were no headers above the windows or doors when we replaced the cheap windows and doors.

Building inspectors save the home owner thousands of dollars. Can you imagine taking down your walls if your husband cannot do it?

Is that another deck on the left side of the picture?

Not sure. I enlarged the photo. Looks like some type of wood construction on the left, IMO. Also the area I highlighted in red... Does that look look like a door frame?

I'm not sure what we are seeing but I know they had a trampoline in their backyard. It can be seen more clearly in other views of the house. Perhaps that is what looks like another back deck in the blurry image through the trees? I don't believe they had a backdoor from the main floor. JMO.

ETA: The trampoline can be seen in photos in these posts:
Overhead:
houseoverhead-12-jpg.152288

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9
From the street:
DqYpLuhX0AARHvT.jpg

DqYpKTeXgAANUiV.jpg

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Last edited:
Never - not once - in my decades of sleuthing and true crime interest have I seen a group of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies rapidly coordinate and swarm in on an utterly horrific scene and then shortly thereafter appear almost disinterested and "matter of fact" about the case (and generally unavailable). I mean, two people have been brutally and heinously murdered, their daughter purportedly kidnapped, and this story became a page 10'er in the local papers in a week or two. How does that happen?

Also, never before have I seen members of a victims' family appeal directly to a purported victim to come home during a press conference if that purported victim had no say in whether she could come home. I know that some think this could be a master maneuver by Jason Gideon-like profilers to appeal to a perp's sensibilities, but what kind of person who has just murdered two people in cold blood is going to suddenly find his or her "feels"? No one, that's who. So that theory doesn't make sense. So where does that leave us?

Not to mention they have a 911 recording and two - count them - TWO - vehicles of interest, and purportedly not one of them has been located and/or processed to date. How does that work, exactly?

JMO.

I’m with you on all of the above.

To me it says they know what happened. They just have to prove it. Otherwise, there would still be a lot more uproar about this case.

But then...

I’m continually baffled as to why locals aren’t speaking to media. Where’s the church lady remembering one of Jayme’s recitals or Denise’s pies and saying “This doesn’t happen here.” Where are the other neighbors complaining that LE won’t say if it was targeted or random - do they need to live in fear? Where the coach of track talking about how Jayme had a great time and supported her team. The employees of the place they worked for 27 years mourning the losses?

That’s the real head scratcher for me. Never have I seen a case that it takes weeks before family does any interviews and no one else local aside one neighbor says anything.

This really provides perspective and reinforces that a “random” attack seems very unlikely.

I just keep going back to a work grievance as the motive. This could have happened quite some time ago, and the Perp plotted and planned for even years perhaps. Hopefully LE is digging in deep with the HR department at the plant to see if there were any demotions or firings even loosely associated with the parents.

Both DC and JC worked at Jennie-O for 26 years (is that correct?). If they both worked there for the same amount of time, Denise was 20 and James was 30 when they started their employment (both married to other people, no kids). James divorced at age 36 in 1998. Denise divorced at age 28 in 2000. Jayme was born in 2006 (wedding date?).

It’s quite possible that their romance sparked on the job. Might there have been another man who had feelings for DC? Given the uncanny resemblance of Jayme to her Mom, it’s possible that, as she was blossoming into a young woman, it stirred his old desire and a need to possess her? If he couldn’t have Denise, he could have the next best thing, Jayme, who is a replica that is even younger than Denise was when he first met her. Twisted, yes. It might explain why this case is so out there.

Scenarios, so many potential. . . All speculation.

Last edited:
I’m with you on all of the above.

To me it says they know what happened. They just have to prove it. Otherwise, there would still be a lot more uproar about this case.

But then...

I’m continually baffled as to why locals aren’t speaking to media. Where’s the church lady remembering one of Jayme’s recitals or Denise’s pies and saying “This doesn’t happen here.” Where are the other neighbors complaining that LE won’t say if it was targeted or random - do they need to live in fear? Where the coach of track talking about how Jayme had a great time and supported her team. The employees of the place they worked for 27 years mourning the losses?

That’s the real head scratcher for me. Never have I seen a case that it takes weeks before family does any interviews and no one else local aside one neighbor says anything.

And it seems there is no national news or social media either..

I am hoping one of these days this case will bust wide open. Perps will be arrested, Jayme found-hopefully alive
I do think the overall silence is eerie but I think locals are very afraid to say anything and also have seen what has happened in the past to people who have come forward and spoke. So many are scrutinized by the general public I think about the guy in the Mollie Tibbets case who thought he may have been the last one to see her alive running. He was raked through the coals on SM and made out to be a suspect
JMOO

I totally agree

JMO.
I totally agree. Strange case. Seems like LE is being extra quiet for some reason.

Is there a basement to this home? I always thought it was a single level but from the back view, the windows look like there are two levels.

The lower level is a basement. There is no level under the basement.

Back in the day, homes were built with basements because of freezing. The ground freezes to six feet deep.

Nowadays, many homes are built on a slab with pipes in the slab which are heated. The only way to go as far as I am concerned. There are no basenents.

I hate basements but some people still like them.

"And it seems there is no national news or social media either.."

News is based on profit and ratings, which is a result of the public's interest. This case is unusual because there is so little information, intentional or not, that has been given out. No breaks or new information to keep the media in the mix- they have nothing to report. This is not how news should be, but it is how it is. But in fairness, this isn't the only missing person or murder in the news, and people do not want to only hear negative news every day. I'm hoping some evidence is found to get this back on page 1.

I'm on the same page/same line of thinking as you bizzle2 as far as the timeline. There have been several hints that the timeline is shorter and neighbors reported time of hearing gunshots may not be accurate or relevant. Plus LE has never even made mention of the 12:31 gunshots. I think it's also important to think about the info that LE has that we do not know. LE knows when the vehicles of interest passed certain points because they know where the cameras are located and the time of the recordings-- they probably can even estimate the speed of the vehicles. They may have the vehicles on camera going towards the residence as well as away. They may be leaning towards a more narrow timeline of events based on those vehicles or the lack of any other vehicles in the 30 minutes leading up to the 911 call. They also likely know things about Denise's phone-- like if it was charging on the charger, they can tell what time the phone was removed to call 911. They have known for a long time the family was all accounted for in the house at 10 PM when Denise spoke to one of her sisters. We only learned that recently but there may be other things LE knows that clarify the family's timeline inside the house and point to the timing of the attack. I'm choosing to listen to the sheriff when he says this crime did not take very long. One thing I am giving leeway on, however, is the amount of evidence left behind. I hope the sheriff is bluffing on that a little and only saying that to make it seem like they have nothing. They might actually have DNA but have not yet identified it. But that's only a hope I have. JMO.

BBM
This is total speculation by me, but this is kind of what I think. We know LE has those two vehicles on camera, and we know that if they have them on camera they almost surely have timestamps. They haven't released the actual video of the cars going by, which makes me wonder if the video is from a neighbor and they are trying to protect the identity of that neighbor. I think it's possible that the timeline is aided by this videotape. Fpr example, it's possible that they have the car on video going toward the house at, say, 12:49am and then away from the house at 12:57am.

Again, that is total speculation by me, other than the part about the cars being on video. I know some on here have wondered how the sheriff could be so confident about the length of time the crime took, and this would be one way he could be. I don't know if this is the case, but I think it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member