AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with you on all of the above.

To me it says they know what happened. They just have to prove it. Otherwise, there would still be a lot more uproar about this case.

But then...

I’m continually baffled as to why locals aren’t speaking to media. Where’s the church lady remembering one of Jayme’s recitals or Denise’s pies and saying “This doesn’t happen here.” Where are the other neighbors complaining that LE won’t say if it was targeted or random - do they need to live in fear? Where the coach of track talking about how Jayme had a great time and supported her team. The employees of the place they worked for 27 years mourning the losses?

That’s the real head scratcher for me. Never have I seen a case that it takes weeks before family does any interviews and no one else local aside one neighbor says anything.

Lots of other people have spoken to the media.

Interview with one of her school friends: Family, friends share stories of who Jayme Closs is

Family friend interview: Community holds vigil for girl missing from home after parents found dead

Coworker interview: Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron
Comments from the Jennie-O President: Jennie-O Turkey remembers employees killed in Barron Co. shooting

Dance instructor interview and family friend interview: Missing 13-Year-Old and Her Slain Mom Were 'Inseparable,' Says Family Friend: 'Two Peas in a Pod'

Jayme's Sunday School teacher interview:
A month after Jayme Closs vanished, the feeling in her hometown of Barron is ‘very dark’

Interviews with volunteer searchers: Missing Wisconsin teen: 800 tips, 100 volunteer searchers, still no Jayme Closs

Video interviews with community members and the local library staff: Jayme Closs has been missing for a month

More interviews with community members: One month later: Residents still in fear after murder, disappearance in Barron County

Interviews with local business owners who know the family: Green bracelets read #FindJaymeCloss, sold to fundraise for Closs family

And then there are all the family interviews recently with multiple networks. It seems to me that family is still processing their grief at the loss of Denise and James and not knowing what happened to Jayme. Plus they are probably scared. Interviews with community members reflect this fear as well. The pain and fear is probably magnified for those closer to Jayme, Denise and James. Most cases of missing kids do not involve a brutal double homicide on top of the abduction. I can not blame them for waiting to do interviews. The family still seem like they are all deep in grief and shock and I hope they have counselors to help them keep going. MOO.

Lots of other people have spoken to the media.

Interview with one of her school friends: Family, friends share stories of who Jayme Closs is

Family friend interview: Community holds vigil for girl missing from home after parents found dead

Coworker interview: Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron
Comments from the Jennie-O President: Jennie-O Turkey remembers employees killed in Barron Co. shooting

Dance instructor interview and family friend interview: Missing 13-Year-Old and Her Slain Mom Were 'Inseparable,' Says Family Friend: 'Two Peas in a Pod'

Jayme's Sunday School teacher interview:
A month after Jayme Closs vanished, the feeling in her hometown of Barron is ‘very dark’

Interviews with volunteer searchers: Missing Wisconsin teen: 800 tips, 100 volunteer searchers, still no Jayme Closs

Video interviews with community members and the local library staff: Jayme Closs has been missing for a month

More interviews with community members: One month later: Residents still in fear after murder, disappearance in Barron County

Interviews with local business owners who know the family: Green bracelets read #FindJaymeCloss, sold to fundraise for Closs family

And then there are all the family interviews recently with multiple networks. It seems to me that family is still processing their grief at the loss of Denise and James and not knowing what happened to Jayme. Plus they are probably scared. Interviews with community members reflect this fear as well. The pain and fear is probably magnified for those closer to Jayme, Denise and James. Most cases of missing kids do not involve a brutal double homicide on top of the abduction. I can not blame them for waiting to do interviews. The family still seem like they are all deep in grief and shock and I hope they have counselors to help them keep going. MOO.

Thank you for all of these!
Like I said last night, I missed the beginning of the case and didnt see a lot of the initial TV news reports so I hadn’t seen these.

Back in the day, homes were built with basements because of freezing. The ground freezes to six feet deep.

Nowadays, many homes are built on a slab with pipes in the slab which are heated. The only way to go as far as I am concerned. There are no basenents.

I hate basements but some people still like them.

Not that it matters to this case, but that definitely isn't the norm here. Basements are still the norm here in NW WI where I live now and south central WI where I spent most of my life.

Hard to predict whether a handgun wound will be bloody or not. Lots of variables. Just about any caliber can range from almost no blood at all to a whole lot of blood.

Yea, I've been assuming lots of blood which is why I thought there would have to be shoeprints because the perp would have had a difficult time not stepping in it. But it's possible there isn't a great deal of blood.

Both DC and JC worked at Jennie-O for 26 years (is that correct?). If they both worked there for the same amount of time, Denise was 20 and James was 30 when they started their employment (both married to other people, no kids). James divorced at age 36 in 1998. Denise divorced at age 28 in 2000. Jayme was born in 2006 (wedding date?).

It’s quite possible that their romance sparked on the job. Might there have been another man who had feelings for DC? Given the uncanny resemblance of Jayme to her Mom, it’s possible that, as she was blossoming into a young woman, it stirred his old desire and a need to possess her? If he couldn’t have Denise, he could have the next best thing, Jayme, who is a replica that is even younger than Denise was when he first met her. Twisted, yes. It might explain why this case is so out there.

Scenarios, so many potential. . . All speculation.

Obituary said they were married in 2003.

Never - not once - in my decades of sleuthing and true crime interest have I seen a group of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies rapidly coordinate and swarm in on an utterly horrific scene and then shortly thereafter appear almost disinterested and "matter of fact" about the case (and generally unavailable). I mean, two people have been brutally and heinously murdered, their daughter purportedly kidnapped, and this story became a page 10'er in the local papers in a week or two. How does that happen?

Also, never before have I seen members of a victims' family appeal directly to a purported victim to come home during a press conference if that purported victim had no say in whether she could come home. I know that some think this could be a master maneuver by Jason Gideon-like profilers to appeal to a perp's sensibilities, but what kind of person who has just murdered two people in cold blood is going to suddenly find his or her "feels"? No one, that's who. So that theory doesn't make sense. So where does that leave us?

Not to mention they have a 911 recording and two - count them - TWO - vehicles of interest, and purportedly not one of them has been located and/or processed to date. How does that work, exactly?

This case is and has been quite strange and unsettling from the get go, IMO.

JMO.

I tend to agree but mostly in my case the situation just seems off internally to me. Can’t quite explain it (not saying I am psychic or anything) just that internal gut feeling that a person has.

I do think, however, that someone that did something that horrific could have some sense of humanity toward a child who they feel is innocent of any perceived transgressions or simply just because they are a child.

I agree that other cases over time have been much more in the public eye and were without the terrible crime against Jayme’s parents.

If the Sheriff wants to keep things on the down-low for certain reasons, I am all for that. Whatever bring that child home works for me.

The video at this link shows the door open where you can see the hutch/china cabinet and the snowman at about 49 secs in: Jayme Closs has been missing for a month

Thank you!!!!
Attaching screen shot just so it’s available.

I’m traveling today but will have to think on it and maybe come up with some floorplan ideas later this evening.

Attachments

• A29211EF-4666-4A1B-9ADD-419E8E18D00C.jpeg
    A29211EF-4666-4A1B-9ADD-419E8E18D00C.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,177
Yea, I've been assuming lots of blood which is why I thought there would have to be shoeprints because the perp would have had a difficult time not stepping in it. But it's possible there isn't a great deal of blood.
IMO, amount of blood depends on the combination of bullet caliber, location of wound, and how long heart continues to pump.

Not only blood but if u look at home there’s a nice brick walkway... if perp parks in driveway and walks up bricks he could have very little on feet... but isn’t it thought he parked behind house..

I suppose James... 3/4 cops it would be hard to tell perp from others if perp only taking minimal steps... plus male family friends. Ups or mailman...

Maybe perp left fingerprints on a single bullet..or something was kicked on way out. Hoping for anything

Thank you!!!!

I’m traveling today but will have to think on it and maybe come up with some floorplan ideas later this evening.

Good photo. Looks like door frame splinter on right side by bolt.. and looks like nice middle class family room... perp should be fed to alligators...

Thank you!!!!

Thanks for screen shot. I took one as well-a little more zoomed in but can't figure out how to attach it

I think this door was kicked in and James shot immediately as there is no sign of breakage or things tumbled over on the table. If a gunshot through door I would think those plates in china cabinet would not still be upright. JMOO

Not that it matters to this case, but that definitely isn't the norm here. Basements are still the norm here in NW WI where I live now and south central WI where I spent most of my life.
http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/360296/28009686/1539897507577/missing-wisconsin-house-ps-181016_hpEmbed_8x5_992.jpg?token=xC9zZqkBKx126C8ztH/n8o5zXWA=
Next to the deck you can see a basement window, also behind blue chairs. There also seems to be a room (bedroom ?) above the garage so this is 3 different levels to the home
EDIT: now that I look again the room above the garage looks like it can be same level as windows left of front staircase. Still there is lower level windows that are there

I have been assuming a lot of blood too but I guess that could be a wrong assumption. There is a photo that someone said shows a yellow pressure washer brought in by LE:
thumb-400.jpg

Wisconsin girl 'missing and endangered' after finding parents dead

I'm not sure if that is what that is but if they used a pressure washer to clean the steps that makes me think there was something on the steps...

I have been assuming a lot of blood too but I guess that could be a wrong assumption. There is a photo that someone said shows a yellow pressure washer brought in by LE:
thumb-400.jpg

Wisconsin girl 'missing and endangered' after finding parents dead

I'm not sure if that is what that is but if they used a pressure washer to clean the steps that makes me think there was something on the steps...

IMO and my experience that was likely used as a sprayer for sterilizing with cavaside or something similar. Could also be a sprayer used for applying luminol over a large area.

That sprayer isn’t powerful enough to “pressure wash” anything. It’s a sprayer not much stronger than a Windex bottle but automatic and holds more.

The lower level is a basement. There is no level under the basement.

Back in the day, homes were built with basements because of freezing. The ground freezes to six feet deep.

Nowadays, many homes are built on a slab with pipes in the slab which are heated. The only way to go as far as I am concerned. There are no basenents.

I hate basements but some people still like them.

I live in WI and almost every house I’ve been in, new and old, have basements. Many people finish their basements so they’re not creepy like they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990