AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. We have a double murder and an abducted teen, and some clown trys to turn this in to a circus.
There should be special laws against interfering with a crime investigation, or maybe there already are. It sounds as if this individual needs to be in a supervised setting of some variety.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Sounds like he’ll be supervised in jail for awhile at least. He got charged with jumping bail and felony burglary. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more charges related to inferring with an investigation.

There is something odd, with this case, it seems very personal to me, like a well thought out revenge/retailiation killing, with a fixation on Jayme. This was not random, nor does it seem like a home invasion for cash, as nothing of value was taken.

I would like to know more about why, why Jayme changed schools. That seems significant to me.

Any within close proximity of her home?
I thought same thing ... but I think Barron county is 44,000 people... Barron city is 4500 people...Viewed with that might seem differently.

I did see quite a few arrests after Crime only 4/5 were odd without much info.. think all but 2 are out or cleared. 2 left I have no idea if it’s just can’t make bail or not related.

Barron county seems to average 2/3 armed invasions... most around drugs or robbery.

I don’t know Barron county well.. if one city / town where most crime is or not.. I’m guessing simply large county with spread population?? 4/5 towns?

Great. We have a double murder and an abducted teen, and some clown trys to turn this in to a circus.
There should be special laws against interfering with a crime investigation, or maybe there already are. It sounds as if this individual needs to be in a supervised setting of some variety.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

I think the house had been released to the family at the time his theft occurred. Basically, it was no longer an official crime scene so I don't think anything like trespassing at a crime scene or interfering with an investigation would apply.

For the record, I'm not defending him at all. Dude has some major issues and I hope the legal system deals with him properly. I also don't think he had anything to do with the double murder/abduction because police have cleared him and he doesn't appear to be capable of such a thing in my opinion.

He's still a creep no doubt.

I thought same thing ... but I think Barron county is 44,000 people... Barron city is 4500 people...Viewed with that might seem differently.

I did see quite a few arrests after Crime only 4/5 were odd without much info.. think all but 2 are out or cleared. 2 left I have no idea if it’s just can’t make bail or not related.

Barron county seems to average 2/3 armed invasions... most around drugs or robbery.

I don’t know Barron county well.. if one city / town where most crime is or not.. I’m guessing simply large county with spread population?? 4/5 towns?

I’m not sure where crimes are heavier but it’s a small-mid size county with many smaller towns. Map attached.

Attachments

• 388C6C8A-73CB-40F5-9ADD-D4A611D7359A.gif
    388C6C8A-73CB-40F5-9ADD-D4A611D7359A.gif
    69.1 KB · Views: 20
I’m not sure where crimes are heavier but it’s a small-mid size county with many smaller towns. Map attached.
I’ve been able to view jail rosters and warrant lists for Barron County easily. They have a nice website. But I’m interested in nearby Rusk County and other adjacent counties too. I can find a short list for Ladysmith in Rusk County, but not for the whole of Rusk County. Anyone else looked or found? There is also a Wisconsin wide warrant list, but it’s inconsistent with the county warrant lists.

Thank you!!!!
Attaching screen shot just so it’s available.

I’m traveling today but will have to think on it and maybe come up with some floorplan ideas later this evening.

The damage to the door... In addition to the kicked in/ shot in theories I've seen here, another possibility is that some sort of prybar was used. That was one of my first impressions when I saw how the edge of the door was damaged. IMO

BBM
This is total speculation by me, but this is kind of what I think. We know LE has those two vehicles on camera, and we know that if they have them on camera they almost surely have timestamps. They haven't released the actual video of the cars going by, which makes me wonder if the video is from a neighbor and they are trying to protect the identity of that neighbor. I think it's possible that the timeline is aided by this videotape. Fpr example, it's possible that they have the car on video going toward the house at, say, 12:49am and then away from the house at 12:57am.

Again, that is total speculation by me, other than the part about the cars being on video. I know some on here have wondered how the sheriff could be so confident about the length of time the crime took, and this would be one way he could be. I don't know if this is the case, but I think it's possible.

That seems really reasonable. There was the case of the girl in California that was kidnapped while going to school. Maybe she was about 16? They have the perp. He attempted rapes while he worked at a grocery store. The girls name is Serena or something like that,

LE asked for info on the car and the whole time they had it.

I think they wanted to see if they could get info on where he had gone.

Lots of other people have spoken to the media.

Interview with one of her school friends: Family, friends share stories of who Jayme Closs is

Family friend interview: Community holds vigil for girl missing from home after parents found dead

Coworker interview: Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron
Comments from the Jennie-O President: Jennie-O Turkey remembers employees killed in Barron Co. shooting

Dance instructor interview and family friend interview: Missing 13-Year-Old and Her Slain Mom Were 'Inseparable,' Says Family Friend: 'Two Peas in a Pod'

Jayme's Sunday School teacher interview:
A month after Jayme Closs vanished, the feeling in her hometown of Barron is ‘very dark’

Interviews with volunteer searchers: Missing Wisconsin teen: 800 tips, 100 volunteer searchers, still no Jayme Closs

Video interviews with community members and the local library staff: Jayme Closs has been missing for a month

More interviews with community members: One month later: Residents still in fear after murder, disappearance in Barron County

Interviews with local business owners who know the family: Green bracelets read #FindJaymeCloss, sold to fundraise for Closs family

And then there are all the family interviews recently with multiple networks. It seems to me that family is still processing their grief at the loss of Denise and James and not knowing what happened to Jayme. Plus they are probably scared. Interviews with community members reflect this fear as well. The pain and fear is probably magnified for those closer to Jayme, Denise and James. Most cases of missing kids do not involve a brutal double homicide on top of the abduction. I can not blame them for waiting to do interviews. The family still seem like they are all deep in grief and shock and I hope they have counselors to help them keep going. MOO.
Thank you for providing this list. It seems like it would be good to have at the beginning of each thread at this point.

The video at this link shows the door open where you can see the hutch/china cabinet and the snowman at about 49 secs in: Jayme Closs has been missing for a month

The snowmen are curious as there had not been Halloween yet,

Did they stop at a store on the way home from the party ? Did they stop and get the snowmen from someone? Was she going to give them to someone?

Of course, it may be totally meaningless

Did they stop at a store on the way home from the party ? Did they stop and get the snowmen from someone? Was she going to give them to someone?

I had a friend with a snowman collection out year round, and another with a Santa collection always on display. Perhaps it just held some sentimental value to them.

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/360296/28009686/1539897507577/missing-wisconsin-house-ps-181016_hpEmbed_8x5_992.jpg?token=xC9zZqkBKx126C8ztH/n8o5zXWA=
Next to the deck you can see a basement window, also behind blue chairs. There also seems to be a room (bedroom ?) above the garage so this is 3 different levels to the home
EDIT: now that I look again the room above the garage looks like it can be same level as windows left of front staircase. Still there is lower level windows that are there

The house is on a hill. The front has windows low to the ground in the basement area. The back is higher. The front of the basement is underground except for the wimdows.

The house is not three levels.

I'm going with meaningless. By Oct 15 they had already had their first snowfall in Barron, WI. Therefore, it was probably no big deal to get out the winter decorations. Some people may wait until after Halloween or after Thanksgiving to bring out the snowmen. I had my Christmas wreaths out before Thanksgiving this year. I live in a warmer climate now but I love snow and I would probably have my winter items out at the first snowfall if I lived in Wisconsin too. JMO.

I'm going with meaningless. By Oct 15 they had already had their first snowfall in Barron, WI. Therefore, it was probably no big deal to get out the winter decorations. Some people may wait until after Halloween or after Thanksgiving to bring out the snowmen. I had my Christmas wreaths out before Thanksgiving this year. I live in a warmer climate now but I love snow and I would probably have my winter items out at the first snowfall if I lived in Wisconsin too. JMO.

Same here. Some people even leave their decorations out yearround. I wouldn't read into that at all. Where I live, we have a saying:

From Halloween until New Years they're Christmas lights; from New Years to Halloween they're party lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo