AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the article reveals a lot. So if the intruder was inside for 4 minutes, the 911 call was made at 12.54 and police arrived at 12.58, what does that mean? If one assumes the call was placed towards the end of the invasion, how would they know what time it began?
I'm glad we finally have a bit more info to chew on re this case.

I really think we need to ask ourselves how LE could possibly know the killer only walked 5 feet into the house without any evidence except the shell casings.
IMO, the answer is that it is not possible. The only way they would be able to state with certainty that the killer only went 5 feet into the house would be either an eyewitness other than JC directly observing the killer commit the crimes (IMO, we can almost certainly rule that out) OR as a result of some type of forensic evidence that they collected.
So, logically, either:
1) LE lied about knowing the killer only went 5 feet into the house
2) LE lied about not having any evidence aside from shell casings
3) They have an eyewitness (IMO, extremely unlikely to the 9th degree) or
4) The DM completely misquoted LE.
Those are the possibilities I came up with...can anyone think of any others?

Last edited:
So if the intruder was inside for 4 minutes, the 911 call was made at 12.54 and police arrived at 12.58, what does that mean? If one assumes the call was placed towards the end of the invasion, how would they know what time it began?

What if the call is placed at the very beginning? They hear someone kicking at the door, and call 911...police hear James getting shot, perps are yelling at Denise and Jayme--they see the phone and shoot Denise, grab Jayme and leave. That would give them a pretty precise timeline.

Did they have an electronic door lock!?
I have one. The app on my phone shows me when someone unlocks the door from inside (thumb turn) or if a key was used from outside. It records the exact time each time the lock is turned. If I use a code to enter, it records that I unlocked it from the outside. I can assign a Different code to each member of the household or the sitter etc. I can change the code as I please too. But it’s accurate!!

If they had one, if James or someone inside turned the thumb lock to open the door that would give police the time someone kicked in the door. My door also has an alarm that goes off if the door is tampered with. It does not seem to record that (I just checked). But if the lock is turned? It knows!!

Did they have an electronic door lock!?
I have one. The app on my phone shows me when someone unlocks the door from inside (thumb turn) or if a key was used from outside. It records the exact time each time the lock is turned. If I use a code to enter, it records that I unlocked it from the outside. I can assign a Different code to each member of the household or the sitter etc. I can change the code as I please too. But it’s accurate!!

If they had one, if James or someone inside turned the thumb lock to open the door that would give police the time someone kicked in the door. My door also has an alarm that goes off if the door is tampered with. It does not seem to record that (I just checked). But if the lock is turned? It knows!!

This is a rural area. Before this happened, people didn't necessarily lock their doors.

“We have a double murder and a missing 13-year-old girl, there's not much more to tell than that — and that's the frustration,” said Sheriff .... Barron is the kind of town where screen doors are left unlatched in summer; in winter, few lock their front doors. ..."

This is a rural area. Before this happened, people didn't necessarily lock their doors.

“We have a double murder and a missing 13-year-old girl, there's not much more to tell than that — and that's the frustration,” said Sheriff .... Barron is the kind of town where screen doors are left unlatched in summer; in winter, few lock their front doors. ..."

I hear ya but that isn’t to say this family didn’t lock their doors. They lived in a drug area. Drugs
seem to be common knowledge. I’d bet they locked their doors. And a smart lock like mine is just easy. Especially for other family coming by etc...

How about a smart home thermostat? Maybe? Mine is by the front door and senses when the temp drops. If the front door was open and it was cool out... could a smart themostat tell them that the furnace went on at x time? Could they then deduce the reason as being bc the door was open and it got cold in the house?

The log says dispatch heard a lot of yelling. I’m
Going with yelling for a thousand Alex. So the question is back to: who’s yelling about what and at whom?

LE should know who is doing the yelling, IMO. There were only 3 people who lived there, so it was either one or more of the family members, one or more perps, or some combination of family members and perp(s) and I am thinking that most likely James was already dead at the time of the call.

The voice of a 13 year old girl should be distinguishable from a woman in her 40s. And the perp(s) voice would be distinguishable from the two females.

I have suspected that LE knows who is doing the yelling, or at least they know if a family member is yelling during the call.

4 minutes...5 feet...? Im guessing here, because this all has me confused how they know this if theres truly no evidence. But thats a long time to be inside not go in any further. Its possible the 911 call was made just before or right as the person got inside, so LE can hear the time of entry. And also possible Denise was shot from a distance. Casings could have been on the floor 5ish feet into the front door where the shooter stood, which those could have been seen immediately by LE (multiple rounds). Possibly this was near a doorway or hallway where Denise was in a different room, hence not being seen/found right away. If they only went 5 feet in it makes me feel like they were staying close to watch for police and to be able to get out fast.

I really think we need to ask ourselves how LE could possibly know the killer only walked 5 feet into the house without any evidence except the shell casings.
IMO, the answer is that it is not possible. The only way they would be able to state with certainty that the killer only went 5 feet into the house would be either an eyewitness other than JC directly observing the killer commit the crimes (IMO, we can almost certainly rule that out) OR as a result of some type of forensic evidence that they collected.
So, logically, either:
1) LE lied about knowing the killer only went 5 feet into the house
2) LE lied about not having any evidence aside from shell casings
3) They have an eyewitness (IMO, extremely unlikely to the 9th degree) or
4) The DM completely misquoted LE.
Those are the possibilities I came up with...can anyone think of any others?
- someone in the home was using their phone until the attack began? Someone in the house abruptly stopped texting or talking with someone and it hasn’t been released to us yet?
- someone was listening to music or watching tv and paused it when the commotion began?
- electronic door lock recorded time door was last locked or unlocked?
- someone was reading fb til this all started or some other website and the info was recorded on the router?
- a clock in the home was shot or fell off a wall and stopped when that happened?
- a parent or both had a watch on that stopped due to breaking when parents died or due to coming into contact with blood?
- someone was drinking water or something from one of those smart bottle things and it recorded the time of the last sip maybe close to the time of the 911 call? A minute or two before?
- jayme’s Phone may have been plugged in for the night by her or her parents right before this began?

(I get points for creativity even if I’m totally wrong!)

Wow, the article reveals a lot. So if the intruder was inside for 4 minutes, the 911 call was made at 12.54 and police arrived at 12.58, what does that mean? If one assumes the call was placed towards the end of the invasion, how would they know what time it began?
I think the only way LE can know for sure how long this crime took, is if the shots are heard on the 911 call. I could imagine Jayme pleading not to shoot and that being the reason why they thought it was a suicide at first.
The time between the shots fired and LE arriving, minus the time for the perp to get away without being seen by LE would have been the the time the perp was inside.

But being only 5 feet in the house for 4 minutes that's a looooong time standing there.

And how did he get Jamy to go with him without his voice being on the tape, or is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966