AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I thought at the time, just new carpet. now I just wonder if maybe LE at least cut a large section out that was protected that maybe we didn't see

My guess is sections were cut resulting in a necessity for new carpet? It also could be from a room that they are sure they need nothing further from, parents bedroom perhaps, even basement. In preparation to rent or sell? I would think hairs, blood and everything else were looked for at length by all of the teams one would hope. Pictures and video probably exist to show the amount of blood, etc. And that part of the flooring or carpeting was likely already removed? I think the home was cleaned prior to the carpet removal wasn't it? Or was it the other way around?

I do as well because I am unsure sometimes so am using an overabundance of caution lately.

Where is this child? I have not even checked for updates yet today as I guess I have gotten so used to seeing nothing new. People are frustrated. How a family deals with it all, I have no idea, it would be so difficult.

There are at least two issues with naming names -- people who are minors and people can get hounded if named in all sorts of ways. There needs to be an abundance of caution for these instances.

As far as to what happened, I've said it already, I don't see any legitimate (non-space alien :) ) theory that is out of bounds yet. Some are much less likely than others but not impossible.

Possible that she confided in an adult acquaintance

that matches my line of thought this morning and if the adult acquaintance was at the Birthday Party and what Jayme confided made that person so angry that they went to Jaymes house with a gun and then lost control (a crime of rage) killing both parents.
Jayme is taken away by the person and placed in a safe place and no one knows where that safe place is (that would solve the mystery of why Jaymes relatives interviews sounded as if Jayme had the power to return home on her own)
There was the birthday party the perfect opportunity for Jayme to confide in someone and that someone talk to other people that would be concerned about Jayme.

I hope this doesn’t get deleted because it possibly answers three mysteries in this case.

1. Why the relatives interviews talked directly to Jayme instead of a possible kidnapper

2 The fast brutal killing of both parents show a crime of rage.

3. The time being night (after the birthday party) the crime happened.

That fits with the theories of some that she had no idea what the person would do or that it could escalate into such a thing. It is just as likely as anything else. Some will not like the theory but it is plausible and still in no way blames her as she had no idea what could result.

There are at least two issues with naming names -- people who are minors and people can get hounded if named in all sorts of ways. There needs to be an abundance of caution for these instances.

As far as to what happened, I've said it already, I don't see any legitimate (non-space alien :) ) theory that is out of bounds yet. Some are much less likely than others but not impossible.

Where I seem to encounter an issue one time but not the next is not names it is mentioning for instance an arrest in the area. Someone asked something similar today I believe. I will mention such a thing in passing with no detail, name or address just that it occurred in the area and could it relate? One time it seems to be fine and another it is not. I am not trying to get in trouble with this post, I just really want to get it right so that I know and am hoping it is okay to ask...

I've been thinking about all the things that we know we don't know. The things that LE has that we know zero about. The 911 recording. The 80 security vids, and who knows how many more when the cam search was extended. Every speck of dandruff in that house. Access to the family. Piles of interviews from Turkeyland to churches and schools. I could go on and on. Add to that having FBI resources at your disposal. And what are we told about all this?

'Well golly gee, we don't know anything at all about any of this.'

At some point fairly early on, it seems as if a decision was made to go into radio silence about everything. Now, I understand that there may be legitimate reasons for such a strategy, but I'm not sure what those would be. What sort of scenarios do you guys think would support this approach?

I thought all their phones and computers were checked out!
They were, but the Sheriff said <when he did that PC or interview (Drydenwire) not sure> that they were going to take a more detailed look at the family's online activity among other things. Plus I know there were still some records from apps or others that they were awaiting from subpoenas.

HTH

BBM - Even if said people have known warrants for their arrest? ( not minors, of course)

I've been cramping my brain on this case and trying to poke holes in every theory, given the little info we have. At this time, the only possibility that makes sense to me is someone with a work grievance with one or both of the parents. Whatever the grievance, it could have happened some time ago, and the individual continued to burnish it in their mind. When a person's livelihood is involved, things can get very ugly. This is the best theory I can come up with.

If I were considering this possibility, I would look at who was dismissed or demoted from the turkey plant, and with a significant impact to their livelihood; even ten years ago. There can't be too many that fit this profile, I would hope.
No doubt LE has been exploring this from the get go. As far as Jayme is concerned, in this scenario, she was just another means to completely decimate this family. This just seems like revenge in my amateur opinion and speculation.

I've been thinking about all the things that we know we don't know. The things that LE has that we know zero about. The 911 recording. The 80 security vids, and who knows how many more when the cam search was extended. Every speck of dandruff in that house. Access to the family. Piles of interviews from Turkeyland to churches and schools. I could go on and on. Add to that having FBI resources at your disposal. And what are we told about all this?

At some point fairly early on, it seems as if a decision was made to go into radio silence about everything. Now, I understand that there may be legitimate reasons for such a strategy, but I'm not sure what those would be. What sort of scenarios do you guys think would support this approach?

I assume most of the time, not just this case, that LE would rather do its job without a lot of scrutiny, questions, speculation and interference, and would rather keep all of its cards close to the vest. Jurisdictions differ on how much information they'll release based on the facts of the case, what they know, and how much help they might need from the public, IME. Here, with a minor at the center, I would expect LE to be tight-lipped, especially if they actually do know or suspect something, both for her safety and to keep the investigation under control. It's a frustrating but not surprising strategy, IMO.

I could guess that they are first and foremost concerned about Jayme's well being, which they should be, and perhaps they feel releasing any identifying info would immediately jeopardize her safety (perp killing himself and/or Jayme).
OR
They have a good idea who the perp(s) is but their whereabouts are unknown and are piecing the information together.
OR
They REALLY don't know who/what/why - Totally random

All JMO

That is the question of the year. I would guess that it has to do with jayme's well being. Her being found alive is the one thing that would definitely tie the perps to the murders.

One thing I thought of that I do not think has been discussed is if a perp gets too nervous or feels they are onto him, not only could Jayme be at risk or he will panic and not lead them to her (if being surveilled) but if he really feels heat or they question him too much, etc., he may retain counsel. We all know that once they are represented, all talk stops. There is then no chance to find her without something like a deal.

I also think they dislike the online gossip about it and feel it does not help most likely, nor does media intrusion but on the flip side what is so hard for the public to understand about their silence is this is not just a murder, it is active with a missing child and you need media and exposure to help find her. I think the silence is intentional and is probably what they would typically do but again, this is a different case. Unless you know she is okay, why would you go silent is what people want to understand, you would do the opposite and keep the name and her face in the news right? I think the Miami tip early on and even the latest supposed pics of her show a side of the internet that they are not keen on probably.

With the Wetterling case, the local agency expresses a lot of regrets and is open about them and advises what they wish had been done differently. The Barron sheriff has mentioned the Wetterling case a couple of times and oddly right in the beginning almost. The cases are not similar in most ways at all so I could not understand why unless he thought almost right away it would not be solved for years. Now I think it is maybe the fact it was a neighboring state and a nationally known case was his reason? If I have it correct, they looked at every scenario, nationally, trafficking, and even looked at psychic tips. Yet all along it was someone close to home. It took years however before that was known. The local agency in Wetterling maybe reached out to tell him what they would do differently?

While nothing should be excluded, on my most logical days (they are not everyday lol), things usually are not as complicated as they seem, meaning it is probably not a meth head turkey driving boat owner with her in canada but more likely someone closer to home as it turned out to be with Wetterling.

I don't know. Those are some of my thoughts. They also do not have cases like this, perhaps they should think about having someone in the dept to just keep this in the news and be seen by the public once in awhile. There is a missing child and a murderer loose so the public does have a reason to want to know at least what can be shared.

I am interested to hear other's thoughts. It is like a switch was flipped a few weeks in, you are right, everyone noticed it. The extra assistance went home and all went silent, it almost seemed like onto a back burner. I doubt it is on a back burner but it is almost like what it seems they want to portray. I have seen people on here though mention other cases they thought were cold and cops were not working on while all along they were working hard behind the scenes and bam, one day an arrest out of the blue. Hopefully that is what will happen here.

My worst fear probably matches that of many--is that they literally, truly have nothing. If that was the case, though, I would be sharing more details because what is there to lose...

Sorry so longwinded of a post...

I could guess that they are first and foremost concerned about Jayme's well being, which they should be, and perhaps they feel releasing any identifying info would immediately jeopardize her safety (perp killing himself and/or Jayme).
OR
They have a good idea who the perp(s) is but their whereabouts are unknown and are piecing the information together.
OR
They REALLY don't know who/what/why - Totally random

All JMO
It could be a combination of your first two ideas. Maybe?

Like I said, I can completely understand that most of an investigation like this would be kept quiet, but I would think they could be a little clearer to the public about things they've already said. I'm still perplexed by the 'vehicles of interest'. Are they? And the Smrekar timeline has never been rectified, either. I dunno... just sifting. :cool:

I've been cramping my brain on this case and trying to poke holes in every theory, given the little info we have. At this time, the only possibility that makes sense to me is someone with a work grievance with one or both of the parents. Whatever the grievance, it could have happened some time ago, and the individual continued to burnish it in their mind. When a person's livelihood is involved, things can get very ugly. This is the best theory I can come up with.

If I were considering this possibility, I would look at who was dismissed or demoted from the turkey plant, and with a significant impact to their livelihood; even ten years ago. There can't be too many that fit this profile, I would hope.
No doubt LE has been exploring this from the get go. As far as Jayme is concerned, in this scenario, she was just another means to completely decimate this family. This just seems like revenge in my amateur opinion and speculation.
I’ve considered so many theories so many times, I don’t even know what I think anymore. My biggest issue with this one is: I’ve seen a lot of arguments at the workplace (one where a guy went through a window). None ever resulted in a grudge like this. If somebody hated one of the Closs’ this much, you’d think it would have come up when LE interviews the employees. People usually don’t keep workplace grudges quite, and somebody’s been there long enough to remember one this big.

I’ve considered so many theories so many times, I don’t even know what I think anymore. My biggest issue with this one is: I’ve seen a lot of arguments at the workplace (one where a guy went through a window). None ever resulted in a grudge like this. If somebody hated one of the Closs’ this much, you’d think it would have come up when LE interviews the employees. People usually don’t keep workplace grudges quite, and somebody’s been there long enough to remember one this big.

I agree. It's hard to imagine if there were a workplace or other grudge, that the person(s) would murder the parents and then take Jayme. It's not like the parents are around to suffer from her being abducted. This seems very specific to Jayme, to me.

I will say, Fitzgerald seems genuine to me when he says he doesn't know. However, I think it's somewhat of a front that they are utterly clueless. Meaning, much like the rules of this site, he's not going to publicly say well you know there's some rumors here, rumors there, I'm interested in looking at this specific person or that person. Do I believe that they lean towards a certain theory and think others are unlikely? Absolutely. I don't think there's some ulterior motive or mind game strategy going on with him saying they don't know if random or targeted, etc. But just in terms of legal aspects and to protect his investigation he's going to officially be on the public record as saying they don't know until they are able to get more solid evidence, confidently name a POI, etc.

I haven't seen Fitzgerald speak, but I don't think he, as a law enforcement official, would outright lie to the press and the public. It's possible they really don't know much but maybe he's just being cagey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist