AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about all the things that we know we don't know. The things that LE has that we know zero about. The 911 recording. The 80 security vids, and who knows how many more when the cam search was extended. Every speck of dandruff in that house. Access to the family. Piles of interviews from Turkeyland to churches and schools. I could go on and on. Add to that having FBI resources at your disposal. And what are we told about all this?

'Well golly gee, we don't know anything at all about any of this.'

At some point fairly early on, it seems as if a decision was made to go into radio silence about everything. Now, I understand that there may be legitimate reasons for such a strategy, but I'm not sure what those would be. What sort of scenarios do you guys think would support this approach?
Only thing I could think of is ...
LE may know who has her ,but they can’t locate them?
LE may not want to publicly say they are looking for them so they don’t harm Jayme ? JMO

How close is closs residence to
I've been thinking about all the things that we know we don't know. The things that LE has that we know zero about. The 911 recording. The 80 security vids, and who knows how many more when the cam search was extended. Every speck of dandruff in that house. Access to the family. Piles of interviews from Turkeyland to churches and schools. I could go on and on. Add to that having FBI resources at your disposal. And what are we told about all this?

At some point fairly early on, it seems as if a decision was made to go into radio silence about everything. Now, I understand that there may be legitimate reasons for such a strategy, but I'm not sure what those would be. What sort of scenarios do you guys think would support this approach?

Couple of scenarios fit....

Family/friend squabbling that led to this and... Let’s just say it’s odd not to let those closest to jayme hear 911 tape ...

Not accusing family members involvement...
But if they recognize voice on 911.. could immediately jeopardize jaymes life or any hope of finding body .. especially if it’s family friend of closses. They might drive straight to perp house and ... whatever..

If they think she was duped by 28 yr old weirdo... they obviously shouldn’t blame her.. if the perp woke up and thought killing 2 people is good idea... it’s best not to show cards... blame jayme and provoke perp to kill her and run..

If it’s truly a random perp and all u have is gun and 911 tape hard to decipher. Dunno ??

One thing I think is in Fitzgerald favor is he kept town in blind on what little he has.. but called in 4 forensics teams and FBI in short order..

FBI coulda agreeed with fitz... it’s this guy .. take a year and build case. .. or coulda been we truly don’t know.

Last edited:
My guess is online the predator or pedophile would have the victim convinced he is her age. Just a guess.
I have read that this was a new school for Jayme. I'm not sure how recent she started school at the new school. Was it a move to a new level (like Junior high) were everyone goes from their grammar school to Junior High all together? or did she go to a completely new school district with new kids. I'm thinking that when there is a new child in school, new friendships are made. People who Jayme's parents were not familiar with. A new student can be an easy target for a current student who has had difficulty fitting in. Not saying another student was involved. But that Jayme may have been exposed to new people/families due to her move to a new school. I also wonder about her caregiver Aunt - and who Jayme may have been exposed to while in her care? Neighbors, friends, etc.

somebody’s been there long enough to remember one this big.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
And perhaps they have....and maybe LE has been eyeballing someone. We just don't know. Time will tell....we can only hope!
This just seems like crazy, crazy angry rage. I can only imagine how freaked out employees must be. I hope the Turkey place has provided them with counseling.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree. It's hard to imagine if there were a workplace or other grudge, that the person(s) would murder the parents and then take Jayme. It's not like the parents are around to suffer from her being abducted. This seems very specific to Jayme, to me.
It’s hard for me to imagine anyone having a grudge this big over anything that happens in a workplace. The type of person that does something like this, most likely has never earned tenure before anyway...

It could be a combination of your first two ideas. Maybe?

Like I said, I can completely understand that most of an investigation like this would be kept quiet, but I would think they could be a little clearer to the public about things they've already said. I'm still perplexed by the 'vehicles of interest'. Are they? And the Smrekar timeline has never been rectified, either. I dunno... just sifting. :cool:

Know what u mean it’s almost like Fitzgerald can only speak in magic 8 ball answers ...

They could really provide some concrete stuff to point or generate new interest..

DNA all 3 closs confirms jaymes their child
Closs toxicology provides nothing other than James like beer
Last text Sunday was at x time
James was confirmed home by x time
19 yr old potential boyfriend was cooperative offered to take lie detector and gave his phone

Instead... either discredited or no comment..

I dunno...it’s 90 days...hope their just building case and perp is unaware how f@;ed he is.

Those are my same issues with a random attack. Those are usually done by career criminals, and career criminals are usually turnips. Even the case you mentioned, didn’t that guy get seen on security cameras in gas staitions and caught having breakfast at Denny’s?

Yes he did, but presumably he was organised enough/resourceful enough to keep on the run for two months with two kids at gunpoint. To me these are your potential scenarios

1. The Boyfriend theory (lets say the boyfriend is vaguely around her age) - If its this - Where are they? What are they living on? Surely he has friends, a family etc who must have either noticed he has gone on the run or has a random very young girlfriend all of a sudden.
2. The much older pedophile online groomer the parents didn't know about who could be of means , could have a house etc and could have moved her out of state.
3. The random killer who still has her kidnapped somewhere horrible.
4. The random killer who finds a teenage girl in the house, who took her with him and likely raped and killed her quickly and her body just hasn't been found yet.

If I had to guess I'd say option 4 is the most likely.

I am sure LE is not just sitting in a room with their hands in the air, staring at each other with no clue. I am also sure that they come on these boards and all other ones. They know that the public has a lot of questions like if the vehicles are still of interest and it would be as simple as the sheriff coming out and saying yes or no but they are not doing that. I believe they are not doing that for a reason and the reason is they are zoning in on specific people and they want to be quiet about it. 2 organized public searches for a missing 13 year old???

because the case has become A Waiting Game. Waiting because Jayme is not in danger but waiting for Jayme to come out of hiding.

I will say, Fitzgerald seems genuine to me when he says he doesn't know. However, I think it's somewhat of a front that they are utterly clueless. Meaning, much like the rules of this site, he's not going to publicly say well you know there's some rumors here, rumors there, I'm interested in looking at this specific person or that person. Do I believe that they lean towards a certain theory and think others are unlikely? Absolutely. I don't think there's some ulterior motive or mind game strategy going on with him saying they don't know if random or targeted, etc. But just in terms of legal aspects and to protect his investigation he's going to officially be on the public record as saying they don't know until they are able to get more solid evidence, confidently name a POI, etc.

This all makes good sense and in this day and age, saying anything outright probably ends up getting you in hot water or sued until t's are crossed and i's are dotted. You also have to have total integrity in the investigative file to not have a defense attorney tear something apart or attempt to.

Why though do you think it is they cannot come out and reassure the public more or at least say something? They don't have to I guess but in a town that has never had a crime like this, a double homicide and a missing child, people have to be in fear. This murder they have no idea if from their area or not but they know he was at least in their area that night and did this and no reason is known and that person is still on the loose.

Not knocking them, it is just difficult to understand. I can only figure they want it to go quiet so maybe the perp relaxes, takes Jayme out, moves her, something....

Know what u mean it’s almost like Fitzgerald can only speak in magic 8 ball answers ...

They could really provide some concrete stuff to point or generate new interest..

DNA all 3 closs confirms jaymes their child
Closs toxicology provides nothing other than James like beer
Last text Sunday was at x time
James was confirmed home by x time
19 yr old potential boyfriend was cooperative offered to take lie detector and gave his phone

Instead... either discredited or no comment..

I dunno...it’s 90 days...hope their just building case and perp is unaware how f@;ed he is.

I have to laugh at your Magic 8 ball comment, that is the best way I have seen it put and it sums it up perfectly. In no way a knock at the sheriff, I would even wonder if maybe he would agree because answers are intentionally danced around and in the end we never have a for sure yes or for sure no on almost anything....

I have read that this was a new school for Jayme. I'm not sure how recent she started school at the new school. Was it a move to a new level (like Junior high) were everyone goes from their grammar school to Junior High all together? or did she go to a completely new school district with new kids. I'm thinking that when there is a new child in school, new friendships are made. People who Jayme's parents were not familiar with. A new student can be an easy target for a current student who has had difficulty fitting in. Not saying another student was involved. But that Jayme may have been exposed to new people/families due to her move to a new school. I also wonder about her caregiver Aunt - and who Jayme may have been exposed to while in her care? Neighbors, friends, etc.

My apologies if someone already answered. It was an entirely new school something like 7 miles away, an entirely different district. I cannot confirm it but I read back when that someone said she was in cross country at the new school last year (seen in uniform in pics) and therefore thought she started the school last year, not this current year. Maybe someone became a problem at the former school? Or was one at the new school? Hard to say but I think we all know it is not easy to change schools and for someone described as being shy it would probably be even harder. One of many things to think about for sure.

Why did she change schools?

If I have it correctly, the family lives in Barron. Her aunt however who took care of her when little (probably before and after school) lived in Cameron so they sent her to Cameron Schools. The aunt moved out of the Cameron District probably a year or so ago and so they put her in her hometown district of Barron. My guess also is now that she was older she could get on the bus herself, etc. Had they kept her in Cameron, Denise or someone would have had to drive her to school and pick her up, there would not be busing.

Maybe there were other reasons, hard to say, but those are the ones that were given, because her aunt moved out of the Cameron District.

I am sure LE is not just sitting in a room with their hands in the air, staring at each other with no clue. I am also sure that they come on these boards and all other ones. They know that the public has a lot of questions like if the vehicles are still of interest and it would be as simple as the sheriff coming out and saying yes or no but they are not doing that. I believe they are not doing that for a reason and the reason is they are zoning in on specific people and they want to be quiet about it. 2 organized public searches for a missing 13 year old???

The lack of searches still does see strange. I too am pretty sure they watch all of the known forums, etc., in fact he said as much in one interview, can anyone remember which one? It actually floored me a bit because I remember thinking why would you want a perp to know that, wouldn't you want them to think othewise...? It was not typical at all for him to say such a thing, I did not feel, in fact totally out of character. Maybe they do know and are just waiting but for what...?

because the case has become A Waiting Game. Waiting because Jayme is not in danger but waiting for Jayme to come out of hiding.
In my opinion and speculation, I don't see that as being even a remote possibility. But that's just an opinion. I see Jayme as 100% a victim, not an accomplice. Sadly, it will be a true miracle if she is still amongst the living, but we hold on to that hope.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

In my opinion and speculation, I don't see that as being even a remote possibility. But that's just an opinion. I see Jayme as 100% a victim, not an accomplice. Sadly, it will be a true miracle if she is still amongst the living, but we hold on to that hope.

Amateur opinion and speculation only
I also see Jayme as a victim. I think when Jayme confided something to someone at the birthday party she had no ideal it would lead to such rage by someone so Jayme is a victim as much as her parents were.

Any map experts or Barron wi pros can take this map and put on here. Sherrif office
Closs home , turkey plant ... with markers..
I’d do it but likely have markers in wrong spots

Attachments

• 533DB5F7-5C56-4302-9CFA-5D6B859B7E7C.jpeg
    533DB5F7-5C56-4302-9CFA-5D6B859B7E7C.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online