AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's hard to imagine if there were a workplace or other grudge, that the person(s) would murder the parents and then take Jayme. It's not like the parents are around to suffer from her being abducted. This seems very specific to Jayme, to me.
I don't think it's hard to imagine at all. Look at all the workplace killings there have been. People get fired or have to quit because of someone, is usually the unfortunate awful evil cause. Of course they took Jamie. I believe it's because she could give them a sketch of whodonit. This person might have unusual features or even a disability. Who knows!

i love this:

Semi helps share information to find Jayme Closs

while we have seen cases where a missing person was within the vicinity from where they went missing the whole time and just weren't found for awhile, my gut for some reason is telling me Jayme was taken out of the Barron radius. Keep Jayme out there across the country...someone has an important tip!

i love this:

while we have seen cases where a missing person was within the vicinity from where they went missing the whole time and just weren't found for awhile, my gut for some reason is telling me Jayme was taken out of the Barron radius. Keep Jayme out there across the country...someone has an important tip!
Originally I speculated Jayme had been taken across the Canadian border, being held in some remote cabin. However, I’ve changed my amateur speculation. I don’t think she went far at all, and I speculate the Perp is hiding in plain sight.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

I don't think it's hard to imagine at all. Look at all the workplace killings there have been. People get fired or have to quit because of someone, is usually the unfortunate awful evil cause. Of course they took Jamie. I believe it's because she could give them a sketch of whodonit. This person might have unusual features or even a disability. Who knows!
I posted a month ago about an actual Barron, WI Jennie -O employee that rammed his car through the Jennie-O building about a year ago. He was drunk and stated that he did it because his supervisor and girlfriend were both working at the time.

I posted a month ago about an actual Barron, WI Jennie -O employee that rammed his car through the Jennie-O building about a year ago. He was drunk and stated that he did it because his supervisor and girlfriend were both working at the time.
Perfect example how people can react to some perceived work grievance.

Opinion and speculation.

Yes he did, but presumably he was organised enough/resourceful enough to keep on the run for two months with two kids at gunpoint. To me these are your potential scenarios

1. The Boyfriend theory (lets say the boyfriend is vaguely around her age) - If its this - Where are they? What are they living on? Surely he has friends, a family etc who must have either noticed he has gone on the run or has a random very young girlfriend all of a sudden.
2. The much older pedophile online groomer the parents didn't know about who could be of means , could have a house etc and could have moved her out of state.
3. The random killer who still has her kidnapped somewhere horrible.
4. The random killer who finds a teenage girl in the house, who took her with him and likely raped and killed her quickly and her body just hasn't been found yet.

If I had to guess I'd say option 4 is the most likely.
I guess we see that guy differently. I see a guy that was only hard to catch because he was a rando passing through, who then went off the grid camping out (it’s not like the condo in Coeur D’Alene was an option though). As soon as he came back to civilization (with the only thing that could tie him to the crimes), dumb mistakes.

I agree with you, number 4 is the most likely if it is a random attack. Unfortunately.

i love this:

Does this mean that the reward has been upped to 75K?

The family of missing kids always begs them to come home. I was watching The Lake Erie Murders yesterday and the mother in just about every interview before the body was found was begging her daughter to come home. I have seen it in a ton of missing persons cases. They always beg the missing person to just come home even when it is known to be an abduction. I believe Chris Watts also begged his wife to come home even though he had killed her and the two daughters.
When did it become fact that it was Jayme's mattress that was taken? As far as I saw no one said who it belonged to. It could have been from a spare room or a sofa bed for all we know. Maybe they were looking to see if anyone outside the immediate family had stayed at the home.

oh wow, good catch i missed that. It does read like that but i'm not able to verify with other sources if it's in fact 75K now. FBI poster still just says 25K
To some people that extra 25k may not make too much of a difference but you never know, it may seem like 1 million to someone that has info. And yes, it does read like it is a 75k reward.

Sure, but he didn't go to the supervisor's house, murder him and his wife in cold blood, and then kidnap their daughter.

I see them as two very different crimes, and in the case of Jayme Closs, I believe she was the goal. If the parents were the real targets, it seems that the murderer could kill Jayme as well if he was worried her being able to identify him. It's a lot easier than dragging around a 13 year old.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Originally I speculated Jayme had been taken across the Canadian border, being held in some remote cabin. However, I’ve changed my amateur speculation. I don’t think she went far at all, and I speculate the Perp is hiding in plain sight.

Amateur opinion and speculation.
i've gone back and forth between "she's right under everyone's noses!" to "nah she's not even in Wisconsin anymore" sigh...
still great to see a country wide effort going on. even if she and/or perp are still in Wisconsin or even the midwest, maybe perp has an auntie in Florida who will see this and start thinking about it again and realize she has an important tip. jmo

The family of missing kids always begs them to come home. I was watching The Lake Erie Murders yesterday and the mother in just about every interview before the body was found was begging her daughter to come home. I have seen it in a ton of missing persons cases. They always beg the missing person to just come home even when it is known to be an abduction. I believe Chris Watts also begged his wife to come home even though he had killed her and the two daughters.
When did it become fact that it was Jayme's mattress that was taken? As far as I saw no one said who it belonged to. It could have been from a spare room or a sofa bed for all we know. Maybe they were looking to see if anyone outside the immediate family had stayed at the home.
BBM- same question I have

BBM - Even if said people have known warrants for their arrest? ( not minors, of course)

Absolutely. You don't want a lynch mob. And speculation is often incorrect, especially online "crowdsourced" speculation. And it's tough on those falsely accused.

(I also think I know of whom you're speaking -- suspicious, for sure, but there's no evidence I've seen.)

re: the mattress. yes i meant to ask the same thing when it was being discussed. is it because it was a twin size vs a double/queen/king that james and denise most likely would've had? even if it was a twin size it still could've been an extra, in a guest room, etc. I wouldn't necessarily jump to it coming directly from Jayme's room unless LE has explicitly stated so.

Sure, but he didn't go to the supervisor's house, murder him and his wife in cold blood, and then kidnap their daughter.

I see them as two very different crimes, and in the case of Jayme Closs, I believe she was the goal. If the parents were the real targets, it seems that the murderer could kill Jayme as well if he was worried her being able to identify him. It's a lot easier than dragging around a 13 year old.

IMO, JMO, etc.
All I was pointing out is that things do happen at work. I am not going to go combing the internet for examples but I am positive that I could find workplace disagreements that ended up as murder outside the workplace. Before you reply, again, I was only pointing out that work place things do make people angry. I am not saying that is what happened here, the taking of Jayme would not be necessary.

i love this:

This is awesome! Is the total reward now $75,000, did I read that right? This is the kind of thing if more did it that could really bring attention and all over the place!

I guess we see that guy differently. I see a guy that was only hard to catch because he was a rando passing through, who then went off the grid camping out (it’s not like the condo in Coeur D’Alene was an option though). As soon as he came back to civilization (with the only thing that could tie him to the crimes), dumb mistakes.

I agree with you, number 4 is the most likely if it is a random attack. Unfortunately.

Agreeing with you, R-f-p, because statistically, with how the actual crime went down, ......violent home invasion (random) makes a lot of sense.

Every theory has to be entertained. And, then, the "opposite" theory has to be entertained.

Hence, our ongoing exploration of: The crime was targeted.

I'm hoping LE has looked at the Cameron connection thoroughly.

Could the perp(s) be from Cameron? And over the years, the perp had watched Jayme when she was dropped off at school, or at her aunt's house in that neighborhood. Maybe the perp lived near the school, or near the residence where Jayme visited as a youngster, while both parents were at work? He could see her regularly. And the family (Aunt, Denise, other neighbors, etc.) had no real idea he was a predator, or at least had an unhealthy connection to her.

Then, in the perp's own mind, he feels that "Jayme is slipping away." First, she's getting older, ..therefore, she doesn't need babysitting nearby anymore. Second, she now has "moved away" back to Barron, and the Barron school system. Does the perp feel he is very important somehow to the family? And now he has, in his own perception, "been cut out"?

And what was going to happen in the future? What was the precipitating event that made the crime have to happen that Sunday night? And, so, the perp's only recourse, only option ..... was extreme violence (double homicide and a kidnapping) Why? (The perp, of course, perceives all those actions as justified.)

What was the perp trying to prevent? In his mind,..... was Jayme going to become even more removed from his life? Was all contact to be ended? This was unbearable to him, (or them, if multiple perps). And it caused him a lot of rage towards the parents. (IMO)

I'm trying to attach a logical conclusion to stuff that isn't logical at all.

And, again, also........trying to entertain all theories because everything is still on the table.......

This is awesome! Is the total reward now $75,000, did I read that right? This is the kind of thing if more did it that could really bring attention and all over the place!
i haven't been able to verify through any other source yet, but it does appear to be 75K altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel