AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 feet only into the house could be explained with blood tracks only going 5 feet into the house. We do not know however if the killer(s) had been in the house before the killings and abduction. He may have had Jayme out of the house and turned and shot James, came in 5 feet and shot Denise. I think James and Denise were both close to the door coming after Jayme. Denise had her phone in hand trying to get help but was shot and died immediately.
Interesting theory that I never thought of. More food for thought.

I don’t think it’s people not believing Smrekars .... they simply believe they were sincerely wrong on time ... or mrs Smrekar was... why would she be laser focused.. at that time it was just another night. She didn’t know...so glancing at clock she coulda got wrong ...

Mrs smerkar goes onto say door was shot up and the word help was heard on 911 tape based on what fbi told her. A lot of people now take that as fact... so it’s not smerkars issue it’s just the clock /time issue....
Exactly! You can't rely on what they say but people are using it as facts. They seem to enjoy their time in the spotlight and just keep talking to keep the cameras rolling.

Many clocks are automatically set by “international time” -
This name doesn’t sound right.

I can’t explain it, my car is always two minutes faster than computers, phones, clocks, and anything else set by this automatic system. :rolleyes:

No, it doesn't make me wonder at all. Lots of reasons they may not answer the door. I don't see it as a show stopper.. moo

Hi, guys. We're still at it, huh? What a sad, sad case. I hate to be the eternal pessimist on here, but I still must wonder if they have even a clue where she is.

I was thinking if they didn't answer for the neighbors, why would they answer the door that fateful night, very late, at that. It could be, I guess, that they just thought it was someone they knew and liked and/or trusted, maybe? I hope this gets solved very soon, but it sure isn't looking like that now. I surely wish they would release some more info, even just to say they have some suspicions or thoughts on where this might lead. Thanks to all for staying on this. Katt

My thinking, as to why they answered the door, is that the perp was pounding on it, screaming about an accident on the highway. James probably looked through the little window and the perp blasted him with a shotgun. Kicked in the door, shot Denise, clocked Jayme with the butt, and hauled *advertiser censored* out of there. The only break LE got was the 911 call, which was probably started before the first shot.

looks like Rubiconbob said Jayme's not James :) Jayme was born July 13, 2005. not sure exactly where or if that's ever been confirmed/publicly known
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll see if I can find Jaymes's somewhere. Thanks again.

ETA birthdate is 7/13 /2005 according to Call Log. You're right location not given on log, but I'll still look .

Last edited:
I feel for the neighbors. They seem like decent people who only want to help. MOO I'm sure they feel SICK about the crimes which occurred but a fraction of a mile from their home and sicker still their didn't call the police when they heard the shots fired. But honestly how could they have known. They themselves weren't even scared. They noted it and eventually went to sleep.
If I had information to share, I'd sure hate if people questioned my motives or even my choice of words. They'd no evidence they've been offered or taken a dime for talking. Just bc some rags pay for stories doesn't mean everyone wants to be paid. Again, I think they want to help. These are people that drive or walk misdelivered mail over to a neighbors they barely know. Good Midwestern folk, IMO. No doubt they're trying to be as helpful and as accurate as possible. For all we know, their clock DID say 12:38 ... and was off by 7 minutes per what they say LE said. We don't know who said subtract. Maybe they HEARD 7 but LE said 17. 12:56. Whether the time was12:38. 12:31, 12:45, 12:58, 12:56, the neighbors did a good job, within a half hour. If the 911 call fromwithin the Closs home never got made, the neighbors' account the next day would be the first and best clue --

MOO They don't need unkindness, not here, not anywhere. We need to encourage people to come forward with tips and support them when they do!

Not sure the door was answered as much as someone was breaking it down to get in....
my thoughts exactly....i think james would've gone to the front door either way. if you hear some type of commotion at the front door it's natural to go see what it could be. i don't think perp necessarily had to create some arousing ruse like fire, accident, etc.

44112862_10155847498212546_7194253697507917824_n.jpg

While we're talking about the door...wouldn't it have to be closed to split like it appears happened?

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Hi everyone ,
I'm sorry to ask, busy with new baby but wasn't there supposed to be an update given by the sheriff today?

To all that have been following here for a while:

With the 3 month after the crime press conference coming up, I think it will be a recap of prior press releases and perhaps some clarification on facts. It seems some new facts may be presented as well, based on new eyes on the case.

What are some ambiguities you would like to see clarified in the press conference next week? Also, would it matter in finding the killer if these were clarified?
I'd like to know if James worked on Sunday and if so what time? If not, what was his schedule that day. I know the family had been told James worked, but I'd like to have LE confirm it.

Did Jayme have any known problems at school, by that I mean was she bullied or what was the reason she changed schools. I'd like LE to confirm it was bc the Aunt moved and nothing nefarious going on.

I'd like for them to confirm they cleared the two girls that were driving by the scene that night. I'm sure they have, but I'd like for them to acknowledge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member