AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told reporters the 911 call came from a cellphone inside the Closs residence but declined to say whose number it was. Investigators don’t believe Jayme is a suspect in her parents’ deaths, Fitzgerald said.

[...]

He said that whoever dialed 911 for help didn’t speak to the dispatcher. “That’s what’s unusual on that 911 call. there was no one communicating with our dispatcher,” the sheriff added.

Fitzgerald previously said yelling and the word “help” was heard on the 911 call, which lasted less than a minute, WEAU reported.

When asked if he believes Jayme is nearby, Fitzgerald said, “If I knew that answer, I think we’d be a lot further along. I’m struggling with this. I don’t have some of those answers I wanna give you, I wanna give the family.”

[...]

Luella May, a former coworker at Jennie-O, told The Daily Beast that she was devastated by the loss of the couple.

“Denise was a very sweet girl and she loved everyone. I went to her house a few times and I met her daughter Jayme and she was just a doll, and now she’s growing up into a beautiful young girl,” May said on Tuesday.

“James was a very funny man and a blast to have around. If you ever needed anything they would do what they could to help,” May added.
Police Beg For Help in Finding Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs: ‘Every Second Counts’

I'm reminded of the Medicine Hat Slayings, I hope this isn't the same case. My heart aches for the youngster.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told reporters the 911 call came from a cellphone inside the Closs residence but declined to say whose number it was. Investigators don’t believe Jayme is a suspect in her parents’ deaths, Fitzgerald said.

He said that whoever dialed 911 for help didn’t speak to the dispatcher. “That’s what’s unusual on that 911 call. there was no one communicating with our dispatcher,” the sheriff added.

Fitzgerald previously said yelling and the word “help” was heard on the 911 call, which lasted less than a minute, WEAU reported.

SBM. Pure speculation, but I was watching an ID channel show last night and the survivor of a horrible home invasion said she was able to get LE to come by yelling for Siri to call 911. It took a few tries over the struggle noises but she was successful.

I wonder if someone in the home activated Siri or an android equivalent (?) to contact police and that is why the yelling sounds distant and/or muffled?

Checking Sex Offenders in the area would be LE's first step.
IMO, when looking at the possible motive, I'd say it was predatory/sexually motivated because both parents are dead and the girl is gone... If it was a robbery, etc. they would have no reason to take JC.

After looking at the sex offenders in the area, there are several who failed to register (2), and one who is compliant with registration; however, he was released from civil commitment in 2013... meaning, after he served his prison sentence for the offense, the WI Ch. 980 committees (civil commitment of sexually violent individuals statute) deemed him at a high risk of violent sexual re-offending, so he was held civilly beyond his sentence for "treatment." He fought this through appeal, but it was not granted...

This is far stretched (as are many speculations)... I hope something credible comes to light and she is found safe and sound... :(

Who called 911? Denise or Jayme?
from my understanding, LE either doesn't know or they haven't publicly released that info if they do know. MSM articles seem to run on the assumption it was Jayme but we don't know for sure. I'd say i'm 50/50 also, really could've been either.

“That’s what’s unusual on that 911 call. there was no one communicating with our dispatcher,” the sheriff added.

Luella May, a former coworker at Jennie-O, told The Daily Beast that she was devastated by the loss of the couple.

“Denise was a very sweet girl and she loved everyone. I went to her house a few times and I met her daughter Jayme and she was just a doll, and now she’s growing up into a beautiful young girl,” May said on Tuesday.

“James was a very funny man and a blast to have around. If you ever needed anything they would do what they could to help,” May added.
Police Beg For Help in Finding Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs: ‘Every Second Counts’

Autopsies don't normally take several days unless there is something questionable, IMHO. At one time I worked with the medical examiner here in Memphis, now the West Tennessee Regional Forensics Center.
All questionable higher-profile cases in TN either get sent here or to Nashville.
(I am not a coroner. I'm a retired funeral director who did much training while in school back then.)
How long did it take to get Mollie's unreleased autopsy back? I think she was found on the 21st and her autopsy initial results were released on the 23rd.
I just find this all very strange is all I am saying.
Chi
Have you ever met Detective Caroline Mason (Memphis homicide) ?

from my understanding, LE either doesn't know or they haven't publicly released that info if they do know. MSM articles seem to run on the assumption it was Jayme but we don't know for sure. I'd say i'm 50/50 also, really could've been either.
From my same link above:
"At the Tuesday afternoon press conference, Fitzgerald said officials have now identified the cell phone where the 911 call came from, but he declined to say who owns the phone."
For all we know it could even belong to a neighbor.
Just saying and jmo
Chi

I'm getting the vibes that the crime scene was not the norm, trying to put it delicately, I wouldn't be surprised if some horrible, horrible things happened in that home, it's so obvious to me that they know far more than they can say, I feel we only know a tiny slither of what really happened and how it happened. Absolutely horrendous.

Getting that same vibe. The Sheriff is being SO careful about what NOT to say . . . The FBI stands there, like stone. I can’t imagine the pressure on this rural Sheriff’s Dept. They deal with occasional homicides, hunting accidents, car accidents, domestics, OD’s . . . but not typically heinous murder cases, this could be once a once in a career sort of case . . .

“That’s what’s unusual on that 911 call. there was no one communicating with our dispatcher,” the sheriff added.

Doesn't sound "reclusive" as stated by the neighbor but I suppose that's a subjective thing.

SBM. Pure speculation, but I was watching an ID channel show last night and the survivor of a horrible home invasion said she was able to get LE to come by yelling for Siri to call 911. It took a few tries over the struggle noises but she was successful.

I wonder if someone in the home activated Siri or an android equivalent (?) to contact police and that is why the yelling sounds distant and/or muffled?

yes, i thought of voice-activated 911 call as well. reminds me of that high school student however many months ago who was trapped by the seat in his van and his phone was elsewhere in the car but he activated by yelling out call 911. I believe those calls were muffled which complicated things of course and unfortunately he ended up passing. Ugh that poor kid

The wooden chair taken from the home has been bugging me. I went back to the CNN video, and I thought I saw three short pieces of rope dangling from three corners of the chair.

I know there was some speculation as to whether one or both of the victims was restrained. And, I believe most chair cushions have only two ties - both in back.

You can see this at the 00:48 mark (the guy carrying the chair has his head turned away from the camera).

Thoughts?

Jayme Closs subject of Amber Alert after parents found dead - CNN

Weird thought based on the sighting of her in Florida which would be kind off impossible
Could she be in Canada, it's a hell of a lot closer, easier to disappear in and the folks farther north might not be as aware of the case as in the states.
As a fellow Wisconsinite who has family land up north it's not unusual for people to have a getaway plan or a road trip planned for Canada- and while the border isn't unregulated you can get through easily with little suspicion.

I agree, the wording of 'new information' is odd when talking about autopsies. Made me initially think of toxicology testing, but in my layman's understanding I'm pretty sure that's standard for homicide autopsies? so I wouldn't think the police would need to specifically tell the medical examiner to perform that test. Unless it was a specific drug they received information about. I think there are some poisons for example that have to be specifically tested for or they won't show up on a routine toxicology screen. Can anyone confirm? Definitely not a forensic scientist haha.

**how many more times could i have said specific/specifically? LOL geez

You are right. All autopsies now include a toxicology screening. It's been that way for many years now.

In fact the ME will not signoff on the original autopsy report until results have been returned. This has become SOP.

It usually takes 7 to 8 weeks to get the results returned.

They will probably release a brief statement concerning what caused their deaths or a preliminary autopsy report on each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patienceiam