AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps to throw off a suspect they are secretly searching?

Let the secret suspect get complacent thinking the LE is not on HIS/THEIR trail?

Just a thought....
I do believe I saw the suv in Miami was a rental. I think the Miami sighting is false and nothing more. it appeared someone was looking for directions. I live in florida further north than Miami but still a tourist area and that would not have been alarming to me.

I see a cemetery close to being behind them, if I am looking at it right.
I follow too many cases where young women disappearing or being murdered, and proximity to a cemeteries exist. Abby and Libby, Christine Jessop to name a couple. Cemeteries attract mourners, but they also attract unbalanced macabre types as well. This angle should be explored IMO. Who were the "regulars" at the cemetery who might have surveilled her? I'd check out the workers as well.

*Amateur opinion and speculation only*

I was just reading and I am sorry I cannot remember exactly where but the Closs's had been employed for 27 years at that plant. In online searches I am only finding they have ties to 2 areas Lady Smith and Barron. It would make sense they would be fairly well known in that area, however the neighbors commenting they were a bit reclusive is strange. I wonder how long those neighbors have been there? Just curious and being nosy I suppose.
I don't think the term "reclusive" needs to be taken too seriously. It gives off an ominous vibe, but really, they probably just kept to themselves. Or, maybe the neighbors who are saying that were unpleasant so the Closs' tried not to interact with them too often. I've had my share of neighbors like that.

I was just reading and I am sorry I cannot remember exactly where but the Closs's had been employed for 27 years at that plant. In online searches I am only finding they have ties to 2 areas Lady Smith and Barron. It would make sense they would be fairly well known in that area, however the neighbors commenting they were a bit reclusive is strange. I wonder how long those neighbors have been there? Just curious and being nosy I suppose.

A lot of people nowadays dont socialize as much as they use to do.

Both parents probably worked long hours and then spent free time with Jayme and her school activities.

So I dont see anything abnormal if that was their routine. A lot of families stay to themselves.

Working families with children dont have as much time to socialize.

THIS BRINGS UP A GREAT POINT!
The 911 call was from a cellphone... the service up there is trash. Any provider is terrible up there. This could tie up a loose end.

They could have been using WiFi calling. That's what we use. Our cell phones automatically connect to our WiFi network in the house and calls are made and received over WiFi.

I totally agree that the possible sighting of Jayme wasn't her. Just the amount of time it would take to get from Wisconsin to Florida discredits the lead (for the most part) in my eyes.
But, my gosh, I really hope that they find her safe. I can't imagine what their family is going through right now.

I do believe I saw the suv in Miami was a rental. I think the Miami sighting is false and nothing more. it appeared someone was looking for directions. I live in florida further north than Miami but still a tourist area and that would not have been alarming to me.
The run-up didn't show that it was a rental. I do agree that this is a false sighting, timing differences were substantial.

Steve Lykken, president at Jennie-O Turkey Store, and Chad Nisbit, plant manager of the company's Barron facility, released the following statement: "Our thoughts are with the Closs family and the entire Barron community. Jim and Denise were long-time members of the Jennie-O Turkey Store family. This is a difficult time for our entire team and we are mourning this loss and are still processing this terrible tragedy. We are also hopeful for the safe return of their daughter, Jayme, and are keeping her and the Closs family in our thoughts."

Barron residents in disbelief as search continues for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs

Whoa....do I have this right? I was just looking at Instant Street View. Do they live directly across from a cemetery? That could be significant.

I see a cemetery close to being behind them, if I am looking at it right.

Where are you seeing a cemetery? I only see trees.
This is their house: Google Maps

(It should be noted that Google drops the pin over their neighbor's house when you put the address in: 1268 13 1/2 Ave Barron, WI )

So a quick run-up of the plate shows that it was a 2017 ford, which would likely match the car in the video at the gas station.

While it's a good thing that tips are coming in, this one unfortunately wasn't credible, according to Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald during the press conference this afternoon:
"There have been tips and information being released that does not come from this podium," Fitzgerald said. "That is not credible information. I can not stress that enough."

[....]
Fitzgerald said the tip about a sighting in Florida was not credible. Miami police earlier on Tuesday reported a witness who said they saw a girl fitting Jayme's description with two well-dressed, bearded men at a gas station. Miami is about 1,700 miles south of Barron.
Sheriff: 200 tips, 30K hits from Amber Alert in Jayme Closs missing teen case

i think the Miami 'sighting' is a red herring. it's great people are on alert and noticing details but getting from WI to FL in that time would've meant driving like 130 MPH the whole way, i think is the estimate i saw. plus i just don't see someone absconding with a child who has an AA out on them and allowing them to sit in the front seat with the window open. Especially when the SUV has tinted windows in the back. Even so far from WI that just seems like too risky of a move.

They were describing it as a "mysterious" and "violent" (crime) sceW at the house, so I guess that means the chair absolutely could have been used for something like that...

When I saw the chair being removed, I was reminded of another case (some years back) where a man killed his wife. He thought he had cleaned up the scene, but LE found tiny little splatters of blood under the chair seats in the kitchen which he had missed when cleaning. He killed his wife in the kitchen. Perhaps there was more than just gunshot wounds in this case, and there may be blood evidence on that chair. I hope the Dad put up a fight and the perps blood is found somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn