AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely yes.
Possible yes.
My second husband was a longhaul truck driver.
We would have done that easily in a semi, but that was before the new laws that thankfully shut a truck down after so many hours.
The surveillance video doesn't look like her to me, tho.
jmo
Chi
Also, many 18 wheelers have govenors on them and can't be driven over a certain speed, which would do the opposite- make the trip impossible to arrive hours earlier.
Moo

I can't find the article where I first read this, but the father was found near the front door and the mother was found elsewhere in the house -? If so, my guess is, given the time of the 911 call, the parents were in bed/getting ready for bed, someone knocked on the door, the husband answered the door, was shot, the intruder(s) went through the house, found the wife, shot her.

It is not at all uncommon for someone to open their door if they hear a knock in the middle of the night in this area. My aunt and uncle live off of Highway 8 pretty close to this area, and have opened their door in the middle of the night when someone has knocked on their door. In a small town like this, it’s typically going to be a local who’s car had broken down, so there is no reason to give pause to opening the door. JMO.

It is plausible that she could be in Miami, without going through an airport. Barron, Wi to Miami, Fl is a 25 hour drive. With two eligible drivers, they could have made it. 911 call was approximately 1 am Monday morning and the (possible) Miami sighting was listed as ‘Monday afternoon.'

I'm not following. 1am Monday to 1pm Monday afternoon is 12 hours. 25 hours would be 1am Tuesday.

On the topic of the front door glass (if that is what it is), there were either decorative seasonal "clingies" on it, or maybe it was blood splatter. I can not tell. There didn't seem to be any broken glass on it however.
glass-png.151439

Sad situation.
Chi

It is plausible that she could be in Miami, without going through an airport. Barron, Wi to Miami, Fl is a 25 hour drive. With two eligible drivers, they could have made it. 911 call was approximately 1 am Monday morning and the (possible) Miami sighting was listed as ‘Monday afternoon.'
But 25 hours from 1 AM Central Time Monday morning is 1 AM on Tuesday morning (today). The alert was issued at 9:52 PM Eastern Time (8:52 PM Central Time) on 10/15 which is only 18-19 hours from the time of the 911 call.

25 hours to travel from Barron to Miami and the alert was issued by Miami PD 19 hours after the 911 call from the home in Barron. And that's if the alert was issued minutes after police received the tip.

It doesn't add up. :(

Let's debunk the Miami sighting right now:

- Early Tuesday, reports were that Jayme was sighted at a Sunflex gas station in Miami on Monday afternoon
- The 911 call from the home came around 1 AM on Monday morning from the 1200 block of Highway 8 outside Barron
- Drive time between those two locations is approximately 25 hours so even if the perp left with Jayme sometime around the 911 call, the earliest time they'd get to Miami would be Tuesday early morning as they'd have to stop for gas several times
- Distance between the two cities is about 1,750 miles and the vehicle in question is a Ford Explorer which gets between 17-25 MPG on a 15 to 19 gallon tank depending on the year

Let's say that the vehicle was Jayme and it got max MPG and left with a full tank of gas. The vehicle would get about 475 miles tops before having to stop. That equates to about 3-4 fill ups on the trip down to Miami. If each fill up took 5-10 minutes now you're looking at an extra 30-60 minutes to the trip.

If the sighting was on Monday afternoon, then it's physically impossible for any perp to have driven Jayme that far in that period of time. Occam's Razor my friends, it's not her. Like all of you, praying for a safe return.

it's possible only if there were two vehicles, one leaving earlier with jayme?
however, I don't really think that's what happened

glass-png.151439

Blowing that picture up to about 500x it scares me.
Could those be bloody handprints? Like palms?
I gotta take a chill moment.
Mega bad thought and vibes. Could be the season we are in, with Halloween coming up. :(
I don't believe in cults doing stuff like this, don't get me wrong. I don't believe she is being trafficked either.
It just spooks me seriously.
Chi

Someone in a previous post wondered if the door being carried away from the scene was the front door/glass screen door. The answer to that is yes. If you replay the video you can see earlier footage of the door still in place on the front of the house, with it fall pumpkin window clings, then a later shot shows LE carrying it away.
Thank you ! let's hope the abductor/killer touched that door !

Let's debunk the Miami sighting right now:

- Early Tuesday, reports were that Jayme was sighted at a Sunflex gas station in Miami on Monday afternoon
- The 911 call from the home came around 1 AM on Monday morning from the 1200 block of Highway 8 outside Barron
- Drive time between those two locations is approximately 25 hours so even if the perp left with Jayme sometime around the 911 call, the earliest time they'd get to Miami would be Tuesday early morning as they'd have to stop for gas several times
- Distance between the two cities is about 1,750 miles and the vehicle in question is a Ford Explorer which gets between 17-25 MPG on a 15 to 19 gallon tank depending on the year

Let's say that the vehicle was Jayme and it got max MPG and left with a full tank of gas. The vehicle would get about 475 miles tops before having to stop. That equates to about 3-4 fill ups on the trip down to Miami. If each fill up took 5-10 minutes now you're looking at an extra 30-60 minutes to the trip.

If the sighting was on Monday afternoon, then it's physically impossible for any perp to have driven Jayme that far in that period of time. Occam's Razor my friends, it's not her. Like all of you, praying for a safe return.
People do have access to small planes, so it is not impossible. However it would seem unlikely that they would let her sit in the front seat where she could bolt at ant stoplight. She'd be in the back with the child locks on.

The family gathering on Sunday was new to me. I would like to know if anything unusual occurred at this event.
MOO

That got my attention as well. I'm curious whether the family gathering was at Jayme's home, or at another location. I'm also curious whether it was just the family, or whether friends also attended.

glass-png.151439

Blowing that picture up to about 500x it scares me.
Could those be bloody handprints? Like palms?
I gotta take a chill moment.
Mega bad thought and vibes. Could be the season we are in, with Halloween coming up. :(
I don't believe in cults doing stuff like this, don't get me wrong. I don't believe she is being trafficked either.
It just spooks me seriously.
Chi
I think they are dollar tree pumpkin decals.

Thanks for the recap Pommy. I was surprised that they did not say the Miami tip has already been investigated and determined to not be her. He just said all tips were being investigated and stressed that info would come from HIM and his dept and they would put it out if there was info the public needed to know. I got the impression there might have been some irritation about the Miami police putting that out on their Twitter rather than letting the WI police and FBI take point and decide whether to release the tip info first. JMO.
Yeah, I caught that comment from the sheriff too. I can't blame him if he was miffed at Miami PD.

LE should know the SUV's owner's name by now so hopefully the next presser will clarify the sighting. When I was young a group of us would drive straight through from Michigan to Miami and it would take at least 24 hours. If that was Jayme then I'm totally kerflummoxed.

Plus, in what scenario would she be in the company of two well-dressed, Middle Eastern looking men? I think someone jumped the gun on releasing this tip. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo