AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So LE has asked for help searching, once, yesterday. "Eyes open" on people who may be acting differently, and had beefs with Closses. Think the first day they stated for people to check around their property. It doesn't seem like a lot of requests, but perhaps that's purposeful. It feels like items are being slowly put out.
They must have their reasons for not more canvasing style of searches which have been done in past MP cases.

There are 42 RSOs in the tiny town of Barron with population 3300.

0.23 % of the USA population is a RSO.
1.3 % of Barron, WI's population is a RSO.
Barron, WI's number of RSO is 6X higher than American's rate of RSO!

It's very difficult for felons to get a job and incredibly difficult for RSOs to find a job. It's likely that the reason there are so many RSOs in Barron is because the turkey processing plant (the town's largest employer) hires them. This is also where Jayme's parents worked and her dad was some type of supervisor. There's got to be a connection.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Barron-Wisconsin.html
BBM:
Wow, that's quite high. Our town is 28000 and we have 7 RSO's.
I'm sure LE has interviewed all 42 RSO's in Barron and in the surrounding areas.
MOO

The door kicked in and the timings are making me think that it could be someone who worked at the same place as the father. This whole thing reeks of a personal vendetta.
I agree. IMO I think this was someone very angry with the father. Also, if the timeline is correct and they disappeared without a trace within minutes, then this was planned. Not necessarily weeks of planning but at least a day or two. IMO

That is not actually accurate
1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

Unit 329 was advised possible suicide attempt as was unit 656
It would have read "Advised 329 of a ...." had it been the way you say. Otherwise what would "Advised 656" mean? If everything is backwards where "329 advised" means the 911 dispatcher was telling 329 then "Advised 656" would mean 656 told 911 what???

This is what that entry translates to ...

Unit 329 (a Barron County Sheriff's deputy) is advising the 911 dispatcher of a possible suicide attempt. Unit 329 also requested assistance from the Barron City Police Department (separate from the Sheriff's Office) and the 911 dispatcher advised Unit 656 (a Barron City Police Officer) of a request for assistance for a possible suicide attempt.

The reason that Unit 329 had to be who requested assistance is because 911 dispatchers can't make requests for additional units on their own whim. Units are dispatched initially based on defined protocols. Additional units are dispatched based on requests from units on scene.

The reason that 911 advised Unit 656 rather than Unit 329 advised unit 656 is because the Barron Sheriff's Office operates on a different radio frequency than Barron City Police Department and they can't directly talk to each other without one of them changing frequencies.

Unit ID ranges for law enforcement agencies in Barron County can be seen here.
Barron County (WI) - The RadioReference Wiki

Radio Frequencies for the different law enforcement agencies in Barron County can be seen here.
Barron County, Wisconsin (WI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

How is this relevant to the murders or Jayme's disappearance?

It's a possibility, if Mom was in the bathroom, but are locks on bathroom doors common? Maybe other people have them, but I don't have a single interior door with a lock except the one that goes to the garage.
MOO
Bathroom door locks are very easy to unlock -- just need a hair pin! (At least at my home)!

I think the cartaker thing is being over-analyzed. Maybe the parents worked odd hours. I wouldn’t want my 13 year old child home alone for too long unsupervised. If she’s the first child for either parent, they may be a little over protective.
It's been questioned more than any other aspect of her life in these threads, which is just bonkers to me.

I read on the thread that James got home at 11pm. Was he working until that time? Has that been verified? TIA

No. There has not been a report on the shift he worked, when he left work, nor time he arrived home. Just lots of speculation. The only known report at this time is a statement from JC's grandfather that James was not at family get together because he was at work.

So this possible suicide... odd to me but could this mean mom was shot by dad, or mom shot dad, Jayme called for help but fled, and never resurfaced out of fear? I don’t believe that’s what happened but I wonder why they would’ve thought that..

What would a $13,000 equity loan from a year and a half ago have to do with two murders and a little girl missing?

I am not arguing with you just respectfully asking, because my brain doesn’t make a connection.

Debts? Excessive spending? Sure, an equity loan is normal, but most people don’t wind up dead a year after taking one. Pair that with 5 judgements in 2012, could be a pattern of debts. Also, their house had a sale price of $87,000. $13,000 isn’t a small amount when that is considered.

Could also be a string of home improvements. People who would have been entering the home, knowing the layout, knowing the people living there and their schedules.

No. There has not been a report on the shift he worked, when he left work, nor time he arrived home. Just lots of speculation. The only known report at this time is a statement from JC's grandfather that James was not at family get together because he was at work.

Thanks - that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

So this possible suicide... odd to me but could this mean mom was shot, or shot dad, Jayme called for help but fled, and never resurfaced out of fear? I don’t believe that’s what happened but I wonder why they would’ve thought that..
Well whatever they thought, and for whatever reason they thought it, the reality became apparent when no weapon was found at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoftyGoalGirl