AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's great. Mine bark at anything and everything.
Up until now we hadn't heard anything about a dog. Some can be annoying AF and some are not. I was just interested in the fact the dog survived and was wondering how it might have played out with a 13yr old girl who, I'm sure, loved that dog. Did the perp spare it's life because Jayme loved it? Or...maybe it was like your dog and posed no annoyance.

But dog was left behind...so maybe perp never saw it. My sister’s little dog is so timid, he would have hidden...whereas mine should be a Walmart greeter...she is thrilled by anyone who stops by...though maybe not if their arrival mirrored this event. She would have stayed and made her presence know.

Am I missing something here. People are talking like the dad came home late at night from work. Did he work 2nd shift or something?
It was reported in an early article that Denise Closs’ dad said Denise and Jayme attended a family function (birthday party) during the day Sunday, and that James was not in attendance because he had to work. Hence, one speculation is that he worked an evening shift (or even a 2nd job?) from which he would have arrived home around the time this all happened.

How is this relevant to the murders or Jayme's disappearance?

It's a possibility, if Mom was in the bathroom, but are locks on bathroom doors common? Maybe other people have them, but I don't have a single interior door with a lock except the one that goes to the garage.
MOO

We have always had locks on all our bathroom doors, every house I have lived in since I was a child. When we were kids I think my brothers and I had each accidentally locked ourselves in the bathroom several times.

My home now has locks on all the bedroom doorknobs too. I didn’t install them, they were there when I bought the house.

There are 42 RSOs in the tiny town of Barron with population 3300.

0.23 % of the USA population is a RSO.
1.3 % of Barron, WI's population is a RSO.
Barron, WI's number of RSO is 6X higher than American's rate of RSO!

It's very difficult for felons to get a job and incredibly difficult for RSOs to find a job. It's likely that the reason there are so many RSOs in Barron is because the turkey processing plant (the town's largest employer) hires them. This is also where Jayme's parents worked and her dad was some type of supervisor. There's got to be a connection.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Barron-Wisconsin.html

Yeah, I almost wanted to ask if we know if any valuables are missing....but it really would make NO sense whatsoever for this to be a random burglary. It had to be a targeted attack to burst in with 2 adults and 1 teen in the home in rural Wisconsin.
Yeah, it seems to me that if valuables were taken from the house LE would have disclosed it and it would point to a robbery that went south. So what's left is: Who was the target? Jayme? The parents? Why not shoot Jayme? Clearly it's not a hostage situation given the time elapsed. IOW Jayme as a hostage wouldn't give them any leverage at this point.

So IMO it keeps coming back to Jayme. MOO.

Article posted on People.com about the closeness between Denise and Jayme Closs:

Missing 13-Year-Old and Her Slain Mom Were 'Inseparable,' Says Family Friend: 'Two Peas in a Pod'

This is such a great photo of Jayme:

Do we know when this was taken?

——
If this photo is not too old I think it would be a great photo to add to our opening thread posts? Again I’m not sure when it was taken but the photo credit says Facebook.
@JerseyGirl

Last edited:
At some point it was alleged he sometimes worked 4pm-12am, not sure where or if true.

Someone posted the work schedule on one of the earlier threads. I think Jennie Os second shift is 4pm to 1 am. Did dad come home and interrupt something, or was he home early and the killers weren’t expecting him?

Article posted on People.com about the closeness between Denise and Jayme Closs:

Missing 13-Year-Old and Her Slain Mom Were 'Inseparable,' Says Family Friend: 'Two Peas in a Pod'
Both Jayme and 46-year-old Denise Closs were described as quiet, kind, religious and giving, an example of how a loving mom raised her daughter with her own good values. “They were just two peas in a pod,” family friend MS tells PEOPLE, describing the pair as “almost inseparable” and saying Denise “was pretty quiet and shy like Jayme — they were similar.”

The apple didn’t fall far from the tree, according to Denise’s cousin JA, who said that Denise and her sisters became very active in cancer charity work after their mother died from the disease. “Denise was the kind of person that with all of these things that happened, her reaction was to do something about it. … She was always really diligent trying to help Jayme out doing fundraisers for school and things like that,” JA recalls.

Adds MS, “The family would help anyone, anytime, with anything they needed.”
She describes Denise as a mother whose involvement showed how much she cared about her daughter: “A lot of parents will drop [their] kids off at activities when they get to be a little older. But Denise was always there. If Jayme went to the roller rink with friends, Denise was there.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem