AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donno but I'm kind of losing hope. Seems by now something would have surfaced. The Nothing troubles me.

I agree.

They have had ample time to view her social media footprint by now.

Personally I think she only chatted with her school friends or about her school activities. I dont think they have found anything suspicious.

If the suspect was local I think that would be linked by now in a community of only 3300 and less than that because I think they know they are looking for a male suspect.

Imo

I would think the dog would have been barking like crazy! Surprised it wasn’t shot.

Wonder if the “a lot of yelling” can be analyzed and deciphered to see if any words can be extracted. If the yelling involved names of persons it could indicate the murderer knew the victims, or at least knew who they were.

Some dogs are trained not to bark at strangers. Also there are collars that will physically prevent barking, certain specific type of people like to use them on their pets. Also possible the dog was in another room with the door closed.

There were other financial judgements as well in that time period. 5 in total. Equity loan for $13,000 taken May 2017
WHY is it germane to dissect the financial health of a couple who's now deceased?
What if this were your parents, your sister, brother, loved one in any way?

I don't think this is right or fair. What's done through the courts is ABOVE BOARD. It's how law abiding people get help with and relief from untenable financial debths.
It's NOT " how they lived" or " how they died", but a bump in the road.

<modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a baffling case. I think , or it seems, that the purpose was to abduct the child. But why not just break in quietly and take her. Or grab her on her way to school or something?

Why come in raging at the front door, shooting and kicking it in? That seems like someone who was suddenly angered, enraged, and impulsively attacks the home.

I don't get it....

i think maybe perp(s) waited for the dad to come home and maybe he was the target and then mom and jayme woke up i dont get it either.

one thing i really wish we knew was, when they say yelling do they mean two or more people yelling back and forth or is it possible its just one (maybe gravely injured) person
Phew! Anyway, at least I can possibly safely suggest he's been married before.
Barron County Case Number 1998FA000083 <modsnip - full name> vs James Michael Closs

Wonder if there are any children from a prior marriage, if either parent had been married before.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would a $13,000 equity loan from a year and a half ago have to do with two murders and a little girl missing?

I am not arguing with you just respectfully asking, because my brain doesn’t make a connection.
Since LE wants to know more about the parents, I think that details like this may be relevant. Financial troubles and the WHY of those troubles may lead to motive.

why you say that? maybe they have info only killers know and want to protect jayme. im going to give them benefit of the doubt.
That’s entirely possible. They definitely know more that they are letting on, but I don’t get the impression that they are close to solving this.

I believe them to be competent and motivated, but sometimes the crime doesn’t lend itself to a quick resolution.

i think maybe perp(s) waited for the dad to come home and maybe he was the target and then mom and jayme woke up i dont get it either.

I don't think its anything other than this guy wanted Jayme. The crime against her parents was sinister and I think if it was anything other than not wanting Jayme they would have killed her too. And as someone mentioned about the dog that maybe the perp didn't harm it because Jayme loved the dog makes a lot of sense,.

Something a perp could do to really muddy the waters: stage a suicide by Jayme after the fact. Especially if they staged it using the same weapon used to shoot both parents and that weapon traced back to belonging to the family.
i wouldn't worry about this scenario too much. if perp did try it, i really have the utmost faith that LE/forensic scientists would be able to tell. i don't want to list all the reasons cuz i'm not interested in helping someone make a murder look like a suicide, but trust there are a lot of clues that you can tell is a murder made to look like suicide!

Is there any chance the perpetrator had a silencer on the gun he was using? Which might explain why none of the neighbors heard the gunshots?

Hello all.

Just been following along quietly and the more I read, the more my head spins. One thing I keep thinking about...the timeline of the sounds of the gunshots and the phone call to 911 (made by whomever) and the fact that LE arrived so quickly, yet there seems to have been no efforts to resuscitate either parent. My goodness, I'm trying to mentally run away from the carnage and horror. "Unresponsive" doesn't cut it for me, clearly they sustained mortal injuries that were incompatible with life. Sorry to be so graphic.

This crime involved an incredible amount of rage. Drug fueled by a perp who felt some perceived wrong? IDK. I'm having a hard time believing, at this point, that this was all about Jayme. Why not abduct her away from home? Why the violence against her parents? Of course, I don't have the mind of a criminal so I really have no clue. I'm often wrong and it doesn't matter. What matters is that this darling young girl is found soon. I'm not ready to give up hope, but I shudder to think what Jayme has seen and has endured since this happened - or worse yet, the alternative (deceased). My heart aches for her and her family.

Keep up the good work as always, sleuths. You guys are so dedicated and compassionate.

Hang in there, sweet girl. Everyone loves you and is trying their best to find you!

Sadly I agree and I also am now thinking there was more than one. Maybe two. I also think Mom could do nothing but struggle to the bathroom to try and save her daughter.
If there were two abductors, the “rescue Jayme” motive moves up in probability. A person obsessed w/Jayme for personal reasons is less likely to bring along an accomplice. Unless it was one of those weird couples Criminal Minds is so fond of, where wives help their whacked-out husbands find little girls.

just a thought but maybe the dog ran out as soon as door was kicked in to get away from all the commotion, and returned after the suspect fled with jc left. imo

Curious as to what made the 911 operator note possible suicide during that “yelling” call? Is that protocol when they can’t decipher what’s going on? IMO he/she heard more than what they logged.

This is actually not a normal response. It would be called in as a disturbance. This is a very big clue to the "yelling" during this unknown 28 min period.

The other big clue is the 4 min window of escape. To leave unseen with an unwilling participant is very odd.

as the barron pd asked, let's look into the closs's past.

he was an "older" father (mine is the same so no prejudice)...any chance she had an older half brother? a disgruntled half sibling or relative? were her parents' on their first marriage? simple questions. i can't find anything. but an out-of-towner-with-a-grudge seems much more likely than a local.

a local would be missing. or acting strangely. as far as we know, no 'locals' are missing.

bumping my own post.

BBM

Thanks for that new info.
If she wasn't abducted... then what ??? She was at least taken from the house, correct ?
How is that NOT an abduction ?
Who made the call ?
Jayme ?
Her dad ?
And this would support the theory that she is truly a victim in every sense of the word... as she'd hardly place a call alerting authorities ... if she wanted to leave with the perp !

Of course she's a victim. And I do not believe there's any chance she willingly went with the psychopath who did this to her family.

But even those who supposedly go "willingly" with the perp are considered victims at this age.

We had a case where a young girl was seduced by either mom's boyfriend or roommate. I can't recall which. He killed the mother and took the child.

She was found in CA after a passerby looked at her and felt something was wrong. I think they were panhandling.

LE never treated her as a "suspect". That's ludicrous. At her age (I think she was 12-13), she is a victim.

And I don't think this could be young teenagers. To me the violence smacks of someone older.

This is actually not a normal response. It would be called in as a disturbance. This is a very big clue to the "yelling" during this unknown 28 min period.

The other big clue is the 4 min window of escape. To leave unseen with an unwilling participant is very odd.

Just a thought--she might not have gone willingly, but the perp(s) might have tied her or knocked her unconscious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member