AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or once (if) it was realized 911 had been called there was no time to ransack and rob. Jayme was taken instead. Jmo.
Personally I think it’s safe to assume that abducting Jayme was not the goal. I think the trigger to her abduction was exactly this, somebody realized a 911 call had been placed and they needed to leave right now.

Iirc, they were searching from the home, to Turtle Lake area. However, with side roads, they could've dipped off, then onto either of a couple of main highways going north or south. Middle of the night in a nondescript vehicle, and they had a jump on them. Seven minutes is a lot longer than one would think. In probably less than two minutes, they could be on 25, w/several possibilities.

Rsd, picking up our conversation last night about the possibility of Jayme playing an online game, you had mentioned a couple of games, Fortnight and Sims was it?

IF LE does not have Jayme’s phone then there would be no way LE would know about this, unless someone told them she played games. Is this correct?

I hope LE asks her friends and if she played any online games.

It looks like this chair had a cushion tied to the back of it, and somehow it got ripped off. On the front of the chair I see splinters of wood.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 9.44.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 9.44.17 PM.png
    624.4 KB · Views: 48
Personally I think it’s safe to assume that abducting Jayme was not the goal. I think the trigger to her abduction was exactly this, somebody realized a 911 call had been placed and they needed to leave right now.
Well why not kill her right then? It sounds like the person was a good shot. It wouldn't have taken long to kill her and then leave. It's best to not leave a witness than to take one with you.

The concept of "caretaker" here might need a quick explanation for new readers.

And me. Jayme had a caretaker? Why?
I believe the answer is found in a public school policy entitled 'open enrollment.'

Hypothetically let's say that when she was in 6th grade, Jayme - due to her parents being shift-workers - required supervision after school along with transportation to her various activities, including dance.

Let's say that this supervision and transportation were provided by an aunt of Jayme's (a 'caretaker') who lived in a different town, Cameron, in a school district outside of Jayme's.

Via the policy of open enrollment, Jayme could attend the middle school in her aunt's district, provided Jayme lived with her aunt at least part time.

But let's say further that if the aunt moved away from Cameron, Jayme no longer would be eligible to attend Cameron Middle School and would need to enroll in her own district and attend Barron's Riverview Middle School.

As a teacher who has seen this situation play out with my own students, the above seems the most likely scenario and explanation for why Jayme required a 'caretaker' and why she changed schools.

jmo

Last edited:
Could Jayme’s abduction be a red herring? :thinking:

Exploring this train of thought, that would mean the killer(s) would be trying to deflect from her parents being the real target. Perhaps trying to make it appear they are looking for some sort of child predator.

Just a thought.

I’m really thinking about the home invasion style of this crime and the violent murders of the parents and this does not fit with the usual way a child is abducted.

Jayme's abduction and likely torture might be a diversion to someone who's a psychopath with no regard for the innocent child's long life she should have had ahead of her.

Otherwise, no. Only if a raging psychopath, a truly Anti-Social Personality disordered person with criminality did this would she be considered "diversion" to that person.
The perp. may be exactly that. We don't know. The higher the probability that a stranger psychopath did leave the residence with her as his victim, the greater the likelihood that she's been deceased for at least 4 days.

I am not holding any weight to the BR barricading scenario until we find out how mom died. There were two gunshots heard close together in timing. The chair looks like a kitchen chair. UNless, the mom did not die by gunfire. Jayme's phone being missing does not sit well with me.

I wonder why the dispatcher was unable to leave a voicemail. Mailbox full? If so, why? The landline being disconnected also makes me wonder if they were being harassed.

Just a quick note that we haven't had a home phone in more than 7 years...so (from my perspective) this is not at all unusual.

If Jayme was the motive, the perp is someone who either felt the parents were keeping them apart (romantically or otherwise) and the only solution was to kill them, or the perp is someone who thinks he was protecting her from them by killing them. I don't think they restrained anyone. If it turns out they did, then Jayme wasn't the motive. JMO

Why would an FBI insider reveal details that have not been revealed by LE, and after they had stated they don't know the answer or cannot answer due to it being part of the investigation? How are they defining an "FBI insider" as they are the ones who typically would not share information to the media that has not already been released?

Given the source (Radar), "FBI insider" could mean someone who delivered a pizza to the FBI officers working the case and made up his own info based on something he thought he saw or heard. :rolleyes:
(kidding, but not kidding-- tabloids do stuff like that to stretch the truth-- because, technically, a pizza guy has been "inside" the building to deliver :rolleyes:)

It looks like this chair had a cushion tied to the back of it, and somehow it got ripped off. On the front of the chair I see splinters of wood.

It may be that the chair was being used to hold a door shut, and the door got kicked open causing the splinters in the front of the chair.

I just saw that. Looks like restraints. MOO.

Could this crime get any more horrific.

How restraining would being tied to a 10 pound item be? Even for a 13 year old, that chair weighs no more than a backpack full of school books. I've seen keys to gas-station men's rooms tethered to items heavier than that chair.

Pheasant (and quail/grouse/other non-migratory game birds) season kicked-off state-wide throughout Wisconsin at 9 AM today (Oct 20th) and runs through first weekend of 2019. Bow season for deer in Wisco started back in September and runs through first weekend of 2019. Non-muzzle-loader gun season in WI runs Nov 17-25; but those hunters often make scouting/prep trips out to their preferred hunting grounds ahead of the start of the season.

Hunting dates and deadlines - Wisconsin DNR

Thanks! And you are so right about scouting. During deer season here, avid hunters bait and check deer cameras all year long.

Rsd, picking up our conversation last night about the possibility of Jayme playing an online game, you had mentioned a couple of games, Fortnight and Sims was it?

IF LE does not have Jayme’s phone then there would be no way LE would know about this, unless someone told them she played games. Is this correct?

Not Rsd, but it can be played on mobile, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Windows PC. Of course, we don't know if she had any of those except a phone.

Speaking of hunting season I remember long ago following a crime and they talked about Camera's in the trees. I know nothing about them but it seems Hunters put cameras up in the trees, maybe in the blinds to watch for deer. I remember they were hoping some were around to help solve that crime. With all the new tech stuff maybe there are some in these Wisconsin woods.

You are thinking of trail cams. They are usually placed around eye level to the wildlife or even lower to capture the location's activity level. Shutter is motion activated and most have a card that you can eject and put right in your computer to see images instantly. They usually have a strap that makes it easy to attach it temporarily to a tree or other post-type structure but you can rig it up a lot of different ways. I did see a local resident interviewed on tv saying that they had checked all of theirs at the request of LE. I would assume that many have done the same thing.

Could also be on a home computer/laptop/tablet or gaming console (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo).

Not Rsd, but it can be played on mobile, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Windows PC. Of course, we don't know if she had any of those except a phone.

(Hmmmmm...)

If these items were in the home LE likely would likely have collected these, but if they were removed by the perp...

Well why not kill her right then? It sounds like the person was a good shot. It wouldn't have taken long to kill her and then leave. It's best to not leave a witness than to take one with you.
Abducting Jayme doesn’t seem to me to be about silencing a witness. This whole crime seems to be an act of rage from the onset. Given more uninterrupted time they may well have killed her there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon