AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same conclusion for me.
Mostly because I had a random invasion by a drug addict a couple years ago. He had a gun, but thankfully didn't harm any of us.
And they were in the house for a period of time trying to find $$, valuables, yelling at Mother & Jayme to give up whatever money/valuables they had.

Could they tell if her phone, if she has one, was there at time of call but not after? As in, both she and phone disappeared by the time police got there? I feel sure there is some way they can say she was there, but they are not saying.

Yet something during the 911 call helped LE to determine she was there. I'm thinking it was her voice. It's very easy to differentiate a grown women's voice from a 13 year old girl. They could easily identify a high pitched scream or cry. Jmo

I truly don't have an opinion yet but if the person on the call was screaming "Jayme" LE could assume she was in the house during the murder but not necessarily during the 911 call.

Great point. So risky for the unsub(s) though, eh?

So the few, or one person who might have legit info won’t tell LE without $? Seems unlikely. Also they would need to know where she could be found...and who could know, if innocent? Jmo

Something made the 911 dispatcher think this could be a suicide. They hear a call with yelling. Why a suicide? Was there a shot they heard? I have to believe there was a shot. A lot of yelling could be anything but why would your first thought be suicide? Why would you think a possible fatality self inflicted or not?

@margarita25 I forgot to touch on crime in EC! Heroin and opiate addiction is on the rise there, but it’s a college town. Lots of kids going down on water street, getting drunk, and acting stupid. Crime is pretty typical of a smallish midwestern town.
This is pretty accurate. Would you think that people from Barron would regularly go to the La Crosse area?

Okay so they purportedly confirmed that the father was deceased when they arrived. How then do they know for certain that Jayme was there and was taken?

Prints where she was dragged through the blood? Bloody handprints that are not mom-sized or adult-sized? Someone left a dying message?

I don't see how anyone could possibly know he answered the door unless someone saw it.

Experienced law enforcement officers will be able to make a reasonable assumption about where the person was standing when shot based on how they fell and the trajectory of the bullets.

Please keep in mind the dispatch log is quite literally the first words that came out of the officers mouths as they were calling back to dispatch for additional help. If the father looked like he fell into the door while opening the screen door, that officer could reasonably assume on first glance that he was killed while opening the door. These aren't confirmed facts, they are first impressions.

I think this is just posturing by law enforcement, and not indicative of any information that she is still alive.

It’s completely standard to publicly state that you believe a kidnap victim to be alive, even if you don’t actually believe that.

This crime doesn’t profile as a kidnapping for ransom. I highly doubt there has been any contact between suspect and law enforcement.

Yup. They kept saying Mollie Tibbetts was alive too. They likely have no/little evidence either way, so glass half full...they have every reason to believe she’s alive. Also have every reason to believe she isn’t, but that’s not really the politically appropriate response.

This whole matter of how James was shot and/or killed must be known by LE and they are not telling the public as it is part of the investigation. They have the door as evidence, and they would known by the location of the blood spatter on the door and the front entryway of the house. (sorry, I hate even saying that)
Indeed. They know.

Could they tell if her phone, if she has one, was there at time of call but not after? As in, both she and phone disappeared by the time police got there? I feel sure there is some way they can say she was there, but they are not saying.
I wonder if they've been able to ping her phone at a different tower and maybe aren't saying exactly where because it's still semi-local and aren't able to discern exactly where she is... hence all the meetings trying to gauge if the perp is local.

Something made the 911 dispatcher think this could be a suicide. They hear a call with yelling. Why a suicide? Was there a shot they heard? I have to believe there was a shot. A lot of yelling could be anything but why would your first thought be suicide? Why would you think a possible fatality self inflicted or not?

Well report of gunshots, right?

Sorry, bumping my own post since some posters seem to have missed the sheriff's clarification.
Agree. We need to update the Facts Sticky that should be posted on the 1st page of each new Jayme Thread here.

Hopefully Tricia will allow that.

Because Nancy Grace facebook Crime Online thing is nice.

But often wrong about things or missing major details or updates.

So radar online could be the same sometimes as well. Jmo

The threads on this case move so fast that I haven’t been able to keep us. Sorry if I missed it, but had it been stated on MSM that either or both parents have been married before? Not rumor but MSM?

If this was a second marriage for either or both parents that brings in a number of other people who were acquainted with them: former spouses, former in-laws, possibly friends or acquaintances of the former spouse and themself during the previous marriage.

Too bad they can’t tell which phones pinged from that address from 12-1am...rather than just from a tower...

Jumping off your post, this reminds me, has anyone mapped out all the nearby cell towers yet? I don't know how to find the cell towers but I know in other cases the cell towers have been put on the case map. It would be nice to know how many towers are in the area and what the reception is like.

On a related note, I keep wondering how good cell reception was inside their house. If someone was trying to break down the door for several minutes (or shot James at the door right away) I would think the first thing Denise would do would be to call 911. Unless their phone/internet lines had been cut and it was hard to get a decent cell signal in the house. Maybe that's part of why Denise went in the bathroom? Trying to get a better signal? Or if Jayme was hiding with her mom's phone trying to get a call through, could it be why the call ended, due to poor signal? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoMagnolia2