WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck was he able to store two, decomposing, putrefying dead bodies without ANYONE noticing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the heck was he able to store two, decomposing, putrefying dead bodies without ANYONE noticing??

I KNOW!!! I assume he used the refrigerator and freezer to try to dull the smell....but still.

Thinking back to the Jeffery Dahmer case - he used the fridge and freezer but his apartment apparently stank all the time. That hasn't been mentioned by this guy's neighbours though - all they've said is that he's quiet....

Unless he kept them in the suitcases somewhere else....not in his apartment?? A storage facility? But even then, the smell would make the people running the place suspicious.......

Very weird.

None of the states where one might reasonably think either murder occurred (Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin) has the death penalty so he was apparently playing it safe.

I am new here, but have lurked here and there a few times. Hi to everybody! You all seem to be very friendly and knowledgeable and I hope to contribute in a helpful way.

This case has prompted me to join for a few reasons. Yesterday as I opened my twitter the first thing I saw was a picture of the police carrying out a refrigerator of an apartment. (which immediately made me think of the Jefferey Dahmer case in Milwaukee) I said to myself, OMG that looks like 80th and Lincoln, and found out it was. I pass by there everyday on my way to work and my grandma used to live three blocks down. I grew up in West Allis, my whole life, my parents and my brother and his family still live there. Also, my dad is a retired West Allis police officer, retired 17 years ago. Zelich was a police officer there as well. (and just heard on local news that Zelich was also an officer in Mequon, another nice suburb of Milwaukee). Growing up with a father that was a cop, my brain tends to think like one.

Also, my dad has a bit of info on Zelich. I cannot share all of it now, but yes, what has been said in the news is true. There was an incident with a woman trying to escape his apartment, and Zelich was basically forced out. He was a quiet guy, a little weird and did not involve himself in any social activities in which a lot of cops did. I will share what I can. My dad did not work the same shift he did.

Wisconsin has a free court access system, search wi ccap and type in Zelich's name. It shows 3 different addresses in West Allis since 2002. It also has the new charges listed on there.

The police are saying Laura probably was murdered in Rochester, MN. This is my husband's hometown. West Allis is my hometown. Just some creepiness was felt after we found this out this coincidence.

I wanted to point out that West Allis is a city, a suburb, in the County of Milwaukee and not the same as the City of Milwaukee. Most of West Allis is very nice, nice neighborhoods, can walk around at night and not be scared.

News sources are saying Zelich met Jane Doe in Kenosha. That is on the Wisconsin Illinois border. So Jane Doe could be from Illinois. I hope they are contacting her loved ones and her family has some sort of closure. I feel so sad for them and for Laura's family.

Sorry for the long ramble and sorry that it was all over the place. I hope I might of helped a bit and I look forward to being here more often. :)

I KNOW!!! I assume he used the refrigerator and freezer to try to dull the smell....but still.

Thinking back to the Jeffery Dahmer case - he used the fridge and freezer but his apartment apparently stank all the time. That hasn't been mentioned by this guy's neighbours though - all they've said is that he's quiet....

Unless he kept them in the suitcases somewhere else....not in his apartment?? A storage facility? But even then, the smell would make the people running the place suspicious.......

Very weird.

One of the articles yesterday mentioned that he lived in a small one-bedroom apartment. The complex is geared toward shift workers. The refrigerator they took out of the apartment did not look large enough to store two bodies.

There was a post a few pages back that showed Zelich had some unclaimed items in a storage facility. It was reported that he killed Laura in Minnesota, would he pack her up and drive her back to his apartment? There is definitely much more to this story.

I do think they have found a serial killer.

I agree, Alski!:seeya: That's the same woman IMO.

And on another note, so interesting to see Zelich's mugshot - gone is the facade of the clean cut, good looking guy from the personal ads..........can now see his dead eyes clearly. :facepalm:

steven-zelich.jpg

looks like he won't be touching up his roots. I'm sure the word will spread like wildfire amongst the detainees and prisoners...

Snipped from link below:

According to the criminal complaint, Zelich said that he met this Jane Doe in 2012 or early 2013 in Kenosha County. He admitted that "during that meeting he caused the death of Jane Doe."

A Walworth County detective said Zelich said that, after causing her death, he put Jane Doe's body in a suitcase and hid it at his home in West Allis, and that he later hid Jane Doe’s body in his car in 2014.

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/walworth-deputies-search-west-allis-apartment/26658154#ixzz35nPYZSip

So, he held on to "Jane Doe", for over a year? I wonder if he had "Jane Doe" in his car when he met up with, and killed, Laura? Then, he simply disposed of both women on his way home from Rochester?

:welcome6:

Welcome copsdaughter!!

Thank you for your local knowledge and the info you shared.

Great to have you here!!:seeya:

I have a feeling that this monster will become infamous for his torture and killing of vulnerable women. Something in his psyche is enjoying the limelight. Pure evil.

ITA. He's an ex-cop, and is talking anyway, rather than remain silent. This monster hopes to become infamous. I wonder how many women are victims of his, and will he volunteer any info on more victims? I have zero doubt SZ is a serial killer, and has been for many years.

ITA. He's an ex-cop, and is talking anyway, rather than remain silent. This monster hopes to become infamous. I wonder how many women are victims of his, and will he volunteer any info on more victims? I have zero doubt SZ is a serial killer, and has been for many years.

bbm. Exactly!! As someone said earlier, why would an ex-cop leave the suitcases out in the open like that.

It seems there came a point where he wanted to be known - famous - brag openly about his prowess.......:facepalm:

Serial killer all the way.

I really want to throw up. How does anyone store a body in a suitcase for two years, in an apartment & then, in a car?? Even if he used a freezer or fridge in the apartment, he wouldn't have been able to do that after transferring the body to his car.

Is keeping the bodies in his home how he evaded arrest for this long? It seems like dumping the bodies in suitcases is what led to him getting caught. (Thank God!!)

May Laura, the woman found with her, & any other victims rest in peace now that they know that justice is (hopefully) coming. My heart goes out to their family members. :(

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...-suitcase-killings-b99299542z1-264736411.html

Some interesting info on his past employment besides at police departments. He embezzled, he passed a work traits assessment questionnaire, and was fired from several jobs.

Oh yes, he is a serial killer. When I talked to my dad last night I said a bunch of stuff I thought and my dad was thinking the same things. I said he probably has a storage unit or a few somewhere. And with his history of interactions with women, it's been happening for a while.

Thanks for the update Astrokitty! Is there a reason you are specifically looking for woman missing in 2012? Have they found another body? Or information that leads them to believe there was at least one more in 2012? I think the trail will go back many more years. I wonder if he was trying to kill that woman who escaped in 2001.

I hope LE are going to really investigate this and not just try to brush it under the rug.

bbm. Me too!!

I'm sure LE wishes this whole case would just disappear. Makes them look really bad - he wasn't even fired for that incident with the hand-cuffed prostitute - they let him resign!!:banghead:

Boys club, all the way :facepalm:

I seriously hope that LE has looked into any family property this "man" may have had access to. Wisconsin is a land of open areas, lake areas and more cottages that you can count. If anyone anywhere in his family has any land or acreage somewhere, it really needs to be looked into right away.

ALWAYS MOO

Why would an ex-cop hold on to bodies for that long? Surely he would know how to dispose of a body without being caught? Looks to me like he wanted to be caught!

I truly hope LE is searching very thoroughly anywhere this guy may have lived, stayed, rented space, or worked. I am convinced he has done this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum