GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And if he was, who else was involved? Could this be the reason this case is being handled so oddly? Is this why everything seems to be so hushed up?

I think the reason this is being so hushed up is because he was / is a Ex Cop. Plus the fact LE buried the records of his last endeavor & know without a doubt its lawsuit material. The least they say the better off they are.

I think the reason this is being so hushed up is because he was / is a Ex Cop. Plus the fact LE buried the records of his last endeavor & know without a doubt its lawsuit material. The least they say the better off they are.

That's exactly what I think is happening, same reason that when this happened in 2001 no one knew about it, they basically gave him an ultimatum. Leave and we'll let this go. Good job letting it go, I wonder if they hadn't let it go, if the victims would still be alive? He created the BDSM profiles after 2001 correct? (Sorry time line IS helpful, I just haven't looked at it in depth yet) So he has done this before, between 2001, and 2007 when he met JSR, at least that's what i'm thinking. I'm so nervous about if they find others, and i'm sure they will. IMO.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...nsin-arrest-geneva-police-milwaukee/11395589/

The article reports that another of SZ's email is MasterB Slave Club".

Also that Laura's father has cared for her seven children since 2010.

My heart aches thinking about all of this - Laura and her dead daughter too.
How is it possible that these are the care arrangements for these children?

I'm not caught up but wanted to post before signing off tonight.
Wish I hadn't read the additional bad news now though.

Laura's children have not been with her father since 2010. They have been back with their biological father the last couple years. They were only with Laura's Dad for a short period.

I understand the concerns here, I truly do. I don't think the investigation is over-in fact I think there is a lot of work to do. There is no way SZ is going to get away with this-it defies logic that he could have killed two women by accident. I mean, his defense atty is clearly grasping at straws...didn't he indicate that the disposal of the suitcases in that location was to ensure that they were found?

There is a tremendous amount of information here to unravel-the internet sessions, the fact that he was a cop...it is incredible when you think of all of the witness interviews alone. Going through his case files-are there vulnerable women he had access to that need to be located? Same with his online life. Unless he confesses and starts pointing to body dumps, this is going to be methodical but slow going imvho. Not much comfort to the suffering families, but it is better to make sure he cant slip through the net.

As to whether or not this could have been prevented? I don't know. There is no easy answer and hopefully we will eventually see some transparency in this case that would give us a better handle.

It is not over, there is lot's of info to go through and since this is all multi-jurisdictional it will take a while to figure out what needs to be charged and where. My assumption is the charges that he was brought in under were enough to nab him and keep him for a while. They are working on the other sides of the case now. If you think about it, the only charges they can file in West Allies is the current charges since nothing else happened there in regards to Laura and Jenny. Laura's family has been given a contact for the Rochester side of the case.

It isn't being hushed up from what I can tell. From the rumblings I hear this may be a bigger case than what has been presented.

Follow up to My own opinion:

"At least 93 Milwaukee police officers have been disciplined for violating law" - "Their offenses range from sexual assault and domestic violence to drunken driving and shoplifting, according to internal affairs records"
Source: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...-disciplined-for-violating-law-132268408.html

"Police Department ignores national standards for officers accused of domestic violence"
A 2001 incident, Officer arrested for battery while armed, domestic violence battery and misconduct in public office - charges that could have landed him in prison for 5 ½ years and barred him from possessing a gun for the rest of his life. But that didn't happen. Not only did Velez avoid prison, he was suspended from the department for just six days.
Source: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...s-accused-of-domestic-violence-132868198.html

Public forum suggesting Police department corruption in West Allis - http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-allis-wi/TOFKT08LNRD7DIHQV

"They see it as protecting their own, but it's corruption,"

"They need to stop protecting their own and start protecting victims."

Source: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...s-accused-of-domestic-violence-132868198.html

It is CRAZY what the cops get away with. It happens all the time. Just look for a sec at what is going on with MPD.

It scares me that the tipster had to place an ad to get the investigation started.
Had that not occurred SZ might not have disposed of the bodies

The ad is not what set off the investigation. It was started before the ad was placed.

Yeah I just reread several news articles and found contradictions - so I am unsure at the moment if they arrived together - LE references evidence to tie him to the room but does not reveal what that evidence is (that I can find and provide a source for)
Still think its strange how quick this topic went silent..... as mentioned by others, no follow up stories or any further details about SZ..... very strange

oops, transposed the cities. (too vain to wear glasses <cough>)

Yes, it doesn't explain how she got to the hotel in Rochester. Was she seen being picked up at a bus stop, by a vehicle? (BTW ~ hate how that article was written)

I haven't found anything about Laura's residence in St Paul. Why two residences, (is one her Mom's - Farmington) and St Paul is (her Father ???). Her Father does have a different last name. BTW, you may wish to google his name. This story is going from bad to worse.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/corrections-and-clarifications-b99299891z1-264860801.html

Laura was picked up in Farmington and brought to Rochester. It wasn't reported yet who picked her up, so I won't say. But LE knows.

Maybe you get confident. Already got away with it....now it is no big deal. I HATE bringing up Dahmer...but he got away with a lot. That is a sociopath. No one knew. Everyone I know who met him personally said he was very nice.

Laura's children have not been with her father since 2010. They have been back with their biological father the last couple years. They were only with Laura's Dad for a short period.

It is not over, there is lot's of info to go through and since this is all multi-jurisdictional it will take a while to figure out what needs to be charged and where. My assumption is the charges that he was brought in under were enough to nab him and keep him for a while. They are working on the other sides of the case now. If you think about it, the only charges they can file in West Allies is the current charges since nothing else happened there in regards to Laura and Jenny. Laura's family has been given a contact for the Rochester side of the case.

It isn't being hushed up from what I can tell. From the rumblings I hear this may be a bigger case than what has been presented.

Laura was picked up in Farmington and brought to Rochester. It wasn't reported yet who picked her up, so I won't say. But LE knows.

MN Sleuth, Thank you so much for your comments. They are very helpful. I know you can't reveal too much information that has not been reported in the media, however, can you give us some direction? In what way do you think the case is bigger than is being presented? Do you think there are more victims? Or is it more of an issue with police coverup and failure to act on the tips they had received about Laura?

On Laura's trip to Rochester, did whoever drove her take her to the Microtel or was it some other location in Rochester? Did the family know she was going to meet SZ or a person she had met online? I seem to remember reading someplace that they knew where she was going and that she was told not to take any clothes, etc.

Thanks again.

http://www.wiba.com/articles/madison-news-118857/update-excop-tied-to-suitcase-deaths-12503137

Newly released records show that a former Wisconsin police officer charged with dumping two bodies stuffed into suitcases along a highway had a lengthy disciplinary record, including three suspensions and four reprimands...

Zelich worked for the West Allis Police Department from February 1989 until he resigned in August 2001.

Records obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press show he was suspended twice in 2001 for lying -- for 20 days in May and two days in April. He also received a one-day suspension in 1996 for failing to report an accident in which he was involved while on duty.

Thank you SO much for clarifying their status. Can't imagine what those poor kids are going through.

I
t isn't being hushed up from what I can tell. From the rumblings I hear this may be a bigger case than what has been presented.

Thanks again for sharing what you can. So, in this example, "no news is good news".

It scares me that the tipster had to place an ad to get the investigation started.
Had that not occurred SZ might not have disposed of the bodies

Yeah I just reread several news articles and found contradictions - so I am unsure at the moment if they arrived together - LE references evidence to tie him to the room but does not reveal what that evidence is (that I can find and provide a source for)
Still think its strange how quick this topic went silent..... as mentioned by others, no follow up stories or any further details about SZ..... very strange

oops, transposed the cities. (too vain to wear glasses <cough>)

Yes, it doesn't explain how she got to the hotel in Rochester. Was she seen being picked up at a bus stop, by a vehicle? (BTW ~ hate how that article was written)

I haven't found anything about Laura's residence in St Paul. Why two residences, (is one her Mom's - Farmington) and St Paul is (her Father ???). Her Father does have a different last name. BTW, you may wish to google his name. This story is going from bad to worse.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/corrections-and-clarifications-b99299891z1-264860801.html

MN Sleuth, Thank you so much for your comments. They are very helpful. I know you can't reveal too much information that has not been reported in the media, however, can you give us some direction? In what way do you think the case is bigger than is being presented? Do you think there are more victims? Or is it more of an issue with police coverup and failure to act on the tips they had received about Laura?

On Laura's trip to Rochester, did whoever drove her take her to the Microtel or was it some other location in Rochester? Did the family know she was going to meet SZ or a person she had met online? I seem to remember reading someplace that they knew where she was going and that she was told not to take any clothes, etc.

Thanks again.

As far as being bigger than just what has been revealed, I can't really say much other than once we knew he was going to be taken in, it seemed like it would be bigger than what has come out so far. I don't have any specifics other than things that were talked about once we knew he was going to be taken in seemed to lean that way. But, at this point no one knows until LE files more charges or puts more info out there.

As for where Laura was taken, I'm not going to say that either. LE knows. They know the who, what, where, why, when and how of how she got there. I just don't want to give his attorney anything that he may be able to twist into something that may get him off, so unless it was reported in the media, or public record I'm not going to put it out there.

As for where Laura was taken, I'm not going to say that either. LE knows. They know the who, what, where, why, when and how of how she got there. I just don't want to give his attorney anything that he may be able to twist into something that may get him off, so unless it was reported in the media, or public record I'm not going to put it out there.

MN . . . thanks for sharing as much as you can.

There was just an interesting report on Milwaukee TMJ4. They have been going over Zelich's nearly 1000 page personnel file.

Key points:

-While a West Allis cop, he was investigated for "Neglect of Duty," "Unbecoming Conduct," and "Abuse of Position."

-The internal affairs investigation into the "prostitute" situation shows that the then chief told Zelich, "If you were a private citizen and the same thing occurred, we would have arrested you for at least disorderly conduct." Zelich received a 20 day suspension and told internal affairs that he didn't think he did anything wrong.

-Weeks later, women started complaining about Zelich and another internal investigation began. Zelich was spending time at strip clubs while on duty and harassing women in the parking lot. They placed him on desk duty in late July, 2001 and he resigned by the first of August.

-Also while with the force, Zelich was reprimanded for insubordination and poor police work-

Hot diggity, I believe we're almost due for a timeline update! Waiting for more details...

I know it's been frustrating, but I do believe LE is keeping information close to the vest. I think we'll hear more as court proceedings progress. I have a feeling this is so much more to the story than the two victims we know of. I kind of dread hearing what else this twisted person may have done.

Thanks for updating us on that! That is now up online, I am going to file some open records requests myself today to try to view the documents myself.

It infuriates me that these MSM outlets don't post the reports online for the public at-large to see. Would help advance this story significantly if they did so.

Segment here: http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/i-team...ut-suspect-in-suitcase-murders-266506621.html

I know it's been frustrating, but I do believe LE is keeping information close to the vest. I think we'll hear more as court proceedings progress. I have a feeling this is so much more to the story than the two victims we know of. I kind of dread hearing what else this twisted person may have done.

I agree. I think the newest article on SZ is the tip of the iceberg. Are we being primed by the media for more ugly disclosures?

What a psycho! I'm not surprised SZ is a stalker. I'm upset but not surprised that LE did nothing to stop him.

I'm sure no one here is surprised that he used a badge as a prop for his antics. clearly, he was trouble in uniform. agree that there's probably a lot more women who never officially complained to the West Allis P.D. It's so intimidating to complain about a cop. (wondering if he ever impersonated an officer to gain access anywhere (after he resigned). that would fit his M.O., wouldn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back