Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's possible she could have orginally been from the mentioned areas that has to be from bone analysis as there's no way that information would be evident in an adult's hair. In fact they seem to be reticent about where she had spent the past few months or years.

It would be nice if they did tell us what her hair showed because it should have given a decent time line. It was on the short side but curly.

If Alaska is correct, I wonder if she has any native in her.

It would be nice if they did tell us what her hair showed because it should have given a decent time line. It was on the short side but curly.

Women's hair grows, on average, 4 to 6 inches per year, with slight variations according to race. Asian hair grows 6", Caucasian a little over 5" and Black women's hair around 4". On that basis, 10" would represent 2 years' growth, but as far as I can see her hair is somewhat less than that.

http://www.livescience.com/42868-how-fast-does-hair-grow.html

If Alaska is correct, I wonder if she has any native in her.

The same could be said for Montana or BC, I guess.

I noticed they didn't mention recent possible areas, which would be based on her hair, wouldn't it?

I noticed they didn't mention recent possible areas, which would be based on her hair, wouldn't it?

Yes. The isotope evidence is there until the bit of hair that contains it is cut off, so the longer the hair the longer the recent history that is recoverable. A bit like a conveyor belt, with the most recent isotope coding nearest the scalp. Since she'd had highlights put into her hair not long before her death, it's likely her hair was cut at the same time so the earliest history from it had been lost.

Actually, they didn't tell us when the areas were from, recent from hair or history from bones or teeth which would be really helpful. If its history, then they should do an age regression.

The one thing we do know is she's not from another country besides US/ Canada

Actually, they didn't tell us when the areas were from, recent from hair or history from bones or teeth which would be really helpful. If its history, then they should do an age regression. The one thing we do know is she's not from another country besides US/ Canada
Yes, it would have been very helpful to know which areas would point to her childhood and/or her recent past.

Idk if I mentioned this here or not (I don't think I did), but I wonder if Racine's murder could've been inspired by the Hello Kitty murder.

A couple weeks ago, after I found first out about it, I made a Google Doc with info about the HKM on it. I noticed that a lot of info varied site by site, and much of the info out there is Chinese, so I did my best. If anyone's curious, the link is HERE.

The Hello Kitty murder happened in early 1999 in Hong Kong, and "Melody", one of the killers, turned herself into the authorities in May 1999, approximately two months before Racine Jane Doe died.

Both women had been brutally tortured. And I noticed Racine Jane's teeth were in bad condition. This could indicate drug use or a transient lifestyle; Ah Map, the victim of the Hello Kitty murder, had been a drug addict and a prostitute. Ah Map owed a loan shark (who was also a john) money, and he and his friends abducted her with the idea of prostituting her until her debt had been repaid. They beat her badly, so no men wanted to buy her. They decided to torture her instead.

So what I'm wondering is, could Racine Jane have owed a loan shark money, and they tortured her to death?

Idk if I mentioned this here or not (I don't think I did), but I wonder if Racine's murder could've been inspired by the Hello Kitty murder.

A couple weeks ago, after I found first out about it, I made a Google Doc with info about the HKM on it. I noticed that a lot of info varied site by site, and much of the info out there is Chinese, so I did my best. If anyone's curious, the link is HERE.

The Hello Kitty murder happened in early 1999 in Hong Kong, and "Melody", one of the killers, turned herself into the authorities in May 1999, approximately two months before Racine Jane Doe died.

Both women had been brutally tortured. And I noticed Racine Jane's teeth were in bad condition. This could indicate drug use or a transient lifestyle; Ah Map, the victim of the Hello Kitty murder, had been a drug addict and a prostitute. Ah Map owed a loan shark (who was also a john) money, and he and his friends abducted her with the idea of prostituting her until her debt had been repaid. They beat her badly, so no men wanted to buy her. They decided to torture her instead.

So what I'm wondering is, could Racine Jane have owed a loan shark money, and they tortured her to death?

Her teeth could be typical of the time from lack of care. My teeth are horrible; I was 11 before I saw a dentist who used nothing but a drill to fill my teeth. I'm not sure we had dental back then.

Very interesting theory or she had a BF that liked to abuse her.

This is a long shot but I found Loretta Ann Frank on the Canadian missing adult page. She is the right height, brown eyes, brown hair. She also suffered with mental illness. Could this be considered cognitively impaired? The parts that don't fit are she went missing 10 years prior to Racine Doe being found. However, it is said they thought she went with a new boyfriend back to his hometown in Alaska. Since she suffered a history of long term abuse this could also fit. In addition, Loretta wore eye glasses and I do not see that mentioned anywhere for Racine Doe. She is also at the very upper end of the age limit and her reported weight at time she went missing, 10 years prior, was only 99lbs. When viewing Canadian missing adults she shows up on page 11. https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2013000134&id=9 I am fairly new to sleuthing so let me know what you think!

This is a long shot but I found Loretta Ann Frank on the Canadian missing adult page. She is the right height, brown eyes, brown hair. She also suffered with mental illness. Could this be considered cognitively impaired? The parts that don't fit are she went missing 10 years prior to Racine Doe being found. However, it is said they thought she went with a new boyfriend back to his hometown in Alaska. Since she suffered a history of long term abuse this could also fit. In addition, Loretta wore eye glasses and I do not see that mentioned anywhere for Racine Doe. She is also at the very upper end of the age limit and her reported weight at time she went missing, 10 years prior, was only 99lbs. When viewing Canadian missing adults she shows up on page 11. https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2013000134&id=9 I am fairly new to sleuthing so let me know what you think!
I think they resemble each other. I found an article about her with a little more detail: http://justicefornativewomen.blogspot.com/2016/04/loretta-ann-frank-missing-from-yukon.html

Actually, they didn't tell us when the areas were from, recent from hair or history from bones or teeth which would be really helpful. If its history, then they should do an age regression.

My understanding is that adult teeth contain the isotopes from the area in which someone grew up, bone contains isotopes consumed over decades as an adult, and hair contains the isotopes consumed since the ends of the longest hair were created. The body fossilises its own history in other words.

I was thinking the same thing at first, but after researching a bit more I found this information. http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/6/3/161. Do y'all think she would be a good one to submit?

Had RCJD been found as living person I'd have said it was possible. However, since LE has indicated that she may have been cognitiviely impaired from an examination of her dead body there has to be some physical evidence to make them think it a possibility. For me that suggests evidence, maybe mild, of something she was born with. IIRC it was reported that her ears were set unusually low on her head, which is apparently a feature of certain congenital problems, especially a number of chromosomal abnormalities. Almost all such abnormalities involve a degree of what used to be termed mental retardation. Apologies for what is probably a blunt turn of phrase, but there are so many euphemisms used these days that sometime the old terms are less ambiguous.

Schizophrenia would probably not, AFAIK, be detectable in a dead person unless he or she was carrying appropriate medication.

I was thinking the same thing at first, but after researching a bit more I found this information. http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/6/3/161. Do y'all think she would be a good one to submit?

PS, just to be clear that there are forms of cognitive impairment that are acquired rather than present from birth, such as dementia, alzheimers and those resulting from head and brain injuries. However they do not appear to be applicable in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE