Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Unidentified wiki states they believed she was cognitively impaired because she had a small brain cavity in her skull. I don't know what their source for that is, but here's the link where I found it
http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Racine_County_Jane_Doe

Thank you. I seem to recall having seen that detail somewhere before but had forgotten about it. In that case it was definitely congenital. The intellectual disabilities that can arise from a small skull and brain are of course very much in the news at present, but they might not have been obvious physically much beyond her birth if they were relatively minor.

Thank you. I seem to recall having seen that detail somewhere before but had forgotten about it. In that case it was definitely congenital. The intellectual disabilities that can arise from a small skull and brain are of course very much in the news at present, but they might not have been obvious physically much beyond her birth if they were relatively minor.
You're welcome. I stumbled across that the other day when I went looking through Canada's missing after they released her isotopes results.

Not trying to be argumentative, but according to a study posted in the American Journal of Psychology "There are several studies that show people with schizophrenia have smaller-than-average cranial size". https://now.uiowa.edu/2013/09/how-schizophrenia-affects-brain. So if the reasoning for her possible cognitive impairment was due to the small cranial size for the brain isn't someone with schizophrenia still a possibility? I don't want to waste the investigators time submitting her if it would not be a good possible match, but I also don't want to let her slide if she could bring closure to this family. Am I way off in left field with my understanding of this study? Thanks for all the thoughts and info. you are all sharing!

Not trying to be argumentative, but according to a study posted in the American Journal of Psychology "There are several studies that show people with schizophrenia have smaller-than-average cranial size". https://now.uiowa.edu/2013/09/how-schizophrenia-affects-brain. So if the reasoning for her possible cognitive impairment was due to the small cranial size for the brain isn't someone with schizophrenia still a possibility? I don't want to waste the investigators time submitting her if it would not be a good possible match, but I also don't want to let her slide if she could bring closure to this family. Am I way off in left field with my understanding of this study? Thanks for all the thoughts and info. you are all sharing!

The articles you posted about the links between schizophrenia and cognitive impairment certainly give food for thought. This connection is new to me, so thank you for that. It certainly sounds as though some (many?) people who go on to develop the disorder have signs that can be picked up long before the illness manifests itself.

As to Lora being worth suggesting to LE, well I don't know.

The possibility of Lora having a smaller cranium than average might tie in with RCJD's smaller cranium, though we don't know if Lora had this feature. From previous reading about schizophrenia, it seems that men tend to develop the condition earlier than women (late teens to mid 20s, as opposed to mid 20s to early 30s), so if Lora developed the condition as early as she did it may indicate that there were early cognitive problems that were the precursor to its emergence.

Her eyes and mouth look about right, though her hair looks to be too dark in the photo that's on the missing person listings and her eyebrows are mostly covered by her hair.

She would also have been 29 when RCJD was found, which is several years above the current estimated age range, though I seme to recall that earlier estimates have gone up to the upper 20s.

Lora was clearly First Nations, and RCJD possibly had some Native ancestry though how much seems unclear.

I'm 50/50 about her, but I think there are enough positive points to make it worth submitting her as a long shot. If you do, I'd suggest including the two links in your email to LE so they can follow your thoughts and reasoning for themselves.

It makes me so sad to hear about these types of cases. I agree everyone deserves a name. My gut feeling is that she is a runaway from an abusive family who will never acknowledge her. The dental impressions are from someone who was not cared for. She was probably hitching from somewhere else.

There is a serial killer who was a long haul driver by the name of Keith Hunter Jesperson who was eventually incarcerated. He has a weird sense of honor. It could be worth someone's while to question him about this murder. He has admitted to several, he is known as the Happy Face killer. He has issues with women and particularly women who hitch and expect gratuity. He fits what I see happened to this lady. BTW, there is a book about him called "The creation of a serial killer" by Jack Olsen. Not that it would make the classics but it is a good read on the mindset of one that did talk.
If she was cognitively disabled like most Special Needs people they do not have good dentition. My son is Autistic and he has horrible dentition despite.all our trying and brushing and.flossing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think Lora/Loretta is worth submitting as well. I would do it through the Canada missing site. The NamUs rep doesn't have access to Canadian case files, so they won't be able to do the comparison. What they would do is pass along the information you send them to the investigators who are handling the unidentified remains for review to see if it's worth following up on. That's been the gist of the replies I've received when I've submitted possible Canadian missing persons to unidentified remains found in the US. I've never received any feedback from the RCMP except to say they got the submission and will pass it along to the local RCMP branch handling the missing person side.

I think Lora/Loretta is worth submitting as well. I would do it through the Canada missing site. The NamUs rep doesn't have access to Canadian case files, so they won't be able to do the comparison. What they would do is pass along the information you send them to the investigators who are handling the unidentified remains for review to see if it's worth following up on. That's been the gist of the replies I've received when I've submitted possible Canadian missing persons to unidentified remains found in the US. I've never received any feedback from the RCMP except to say they got the submission and will pass it along to the local RCMP branch handling the missing person side.

I wish we could get some kind of data base going that would make it easier for comparison. I just feel if there was a central place that so many more matches would be made and unidentified and missing persons located and families getting closure. :(.

Thanks everyone! I just submitted. The hair color is throwing me off as well, but since Racine had obviously had some color done to her hair I wonder if she could have lightened all of it and added highlights? I really wish there was some other pictures of Loretta Frank to view. I was very surprised to learn some of what I learned about schizophrenia as well. This poor woman really hit home with me as I have an uncle that has schizophrenia that meds quit helping and he now lives on the streets and roams. It is nothing for him to take off walking from Texas and walk across the United States. I actually started researching learning more about his disease after the first link I posted and came across the small cranial issue just trying to understand him better. I guess that is what I would call a lucky find. Just knowing a family member is missing is heartbreaking but when I know first hand what a schizophrenic goes thru, Loretta Frank just really touched a cord with me as has Racine County Jane Doe and what she went thru. I just hope we are able to make a match for both these families if this one isn't.

I wish we could get some kind of data base going that would make it easier for comparison. I just feel if there was a central place that so many more matches would be made and unidentified and missing persons located and families getting closure. :(.
I've been posing this myself on the other threads I subscribe to where I believe the MP may be from Canada. I would like to see some sort of joint venture with them, and eventually Mexico. There are thousands of sets of unidentified remains that have been found in the border states where you know the they were from Mexico/S America.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/0...ct-in-17-cold-case-murder-wisconsin-teen.html

I was reading on the crimes-spotlight on children thread and I noticed that the news article used the same picture for this UID as they did for a UID that was identified as Amber Creek. I can see how the news could get them mixed up (both UID's found in Racine County). But still, errors like this can really throw people off. I briefly thought that our poor girl had been identified.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/0...ct-in-17-cold-case-murder-wisconsin-teen.html

I was reading on the crimes-spotlight on children thread and I noticed that the news article used the same picture for this UID as they did for a UID that was identified as Amber Creek. I can see how the news could get them mixed up (both UID's found in Racine County). But still, errors like this can really throw people off. I briefly thought that our poor girl had been identified.
I got confused between the two Sweetwater WY Jane Does, the oldest one who was very recently identified.

I found this on a canadian web site. Took a screen shot for now.
The date and times are close.
Size and shape seem close.

If it's possible she could have orginally been from the mentioned areas that has to be from bone analysis as there's no way that information would be evident in an adult's hair. In fact they seem to be reticent about where she had spent the past few months or years.
(RBBM) That's similar to what I was thinking; it seems like they're deliberately skirting the issue or avoiding it, but that could just be my over active imagination, lol.

Maybe this victim was a prostitute or frequent runaway. Might explain why no one has identified her. What she had to endure is heart wrenching...i hope she is finally at peace!

As terrible as this sounds....
I've thought this girl could have been purchased... sold to a sick man.
I have my ideas of who that man may be and I hope one day she not only gets her name back but also the monster who tortured her and killed her is finally known.
In my heart I truly belive this is a trafficking case.

Just a tip when searching the Canadian sites. If the woman went missing from Vancouver Downtown eastside, Do a quick google check to see if her name is on the list on the list of women whose DNA was found at the Pickton farm. There are a lot of missing sex trade workers that Robert Pickton murdered and their bodies will never be found so they stay on the missing list. :(

Does anyone know why Racine Jane Doe facebook,ran by the sheriff dept,has been removed?

Thank you for the nice welcome!
I just thought I let you all know that I go to a site at www.findthemissing.org and
www.idenifyus.org and this website posts missing and unidenified people and they post
names that have been ruled out as the person.But I do not see our Jane Doe from
Racine on there.I am going to see if I can add her and maybe the police who are working
her case will post the names that can be ruled as her.Also if you like to leave her a message at her grave site,you can at www.findagrave.com

Going off of my previous concussion comment, I think that Tammy Lynn Lamondin of Newmarket, Canada looks remarkably similar to our JD. http://www.nampn.org/cases/lamondin_tammy.html

From just south of Newmarket to the IL border is about 7 or so hours by highway. Her killer may have begun torturing her in Canada, and could have threatened her to act natural while they crossed the border. Or, She could have been murdered in Canada, and been excused as a sleeping passenger in the vehicle while crossing the border.

I know it's a stretch, but I found her hair and facial shape to be like the recon.
Tammy had a tattoo..no mention of doe with any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member