GUILTY WI - Taylor Schabusiness, 24, dismembered man’s body, placed head in bucket, Green Bay, 2022 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

6 mins ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Phase two of Taylor Schabusiness’ trial has wrapped up, and the jury has reached another decision.

After deliberations, Taylor Schabusiness has been found responsible for the murder and dismemberment of Shad Thyrion. Phase two of the trial was to determine if she was not responsible by reason of mental disease or defect.

My mom was diagnosed with bipolar 1-never took any (legal) medication for it. I was never convinced it is what she actually has. Similarly, I’m not convinced anyone can be sure what Schabusiness really has going on.

Sometimes when people have very abnormal thoughts and feelings, there is so much covering up and straight out lying going on that it’s hard for the rest of us on the outside to sort it all out. How can we know when they are being compliant? Are they really telling us what they are thinking and feelings? What their senses tell them? Are their memories accurate? What are their motivations?

It’s just so hard to know.
true.
I doubt she ever got the time required from a suitably qualified psychiatrist to reach an accurate diagnosis or an effective treatment schedule..

It's unlikely she ever will.

another casualty of a broken mental health system that is universal..

BREAKING: After just under an hour of deliberations, a jury found Taylor Schabusiness sane at the time she killed her lover, Shad Thyrion. The convicted killer admitted that she strangled Thyrion to death with a dog collar, sexually assaulted him, and chopped up his body.

#FirstAlert Breaking News: Jury finds Taylor #Schabusiness responsible for her actions the night she killed Shad Thyrion in Feb. 2022. It was unanimous. Bond is revoked. Judge orders pre-sentencing investigation, sentencing is set for September 26.

I never doubted that she would be found criminally responsible. Although I am sure she has some mental health issues, I’m just as sure she is a twisted individual who knew what she was doing and enjoyed every minute of it. Despite what some other members have indicated regarding this trial being awful, or unnecessarily cruel for those with mental health issues, I don’t believe it was. I believe that they knew she was faking the vast majority of her symptoms to cover for her deviant choices that night. IMO

DAY 4 – 7/27/23

• Taylor Schabusiness’ father testified on her behalf, entering the courtroom in leg and wrist shackles and an orange jail jumpsuit.
  • A defense psychologist opined that Schabusiness was not criminally responsible for her actions because she suffered from severe bipolar disorder that rendered her unable to appreciate the wrongfulness of her actions and deprived her of “volitional control.”
  • Two court-appointed psychologists who testified for the state said Schabusiness’ actions were fueled by drugs, which made her ineligible for the NGI/insanity plea under Wisconsin’s definition of a mental disease or defect. They pointed to her decision to dismember Thyrion’s body and clean the basement crime scene as evidence Schabusiness knew that her actions were wrong.
  • Schabusiness’ attorney argued that drugs may have compounded her psychosis, but there was enough evidence that she suffered from a longstanding disorder affecting her actions going back to adolescence.
  • WATCH: House of Horrors Murder Trial: Prosecution Phase 2 Closing Argument
  • WATCH: House of Horrors Murder Trial: Defense Phase 2 Rebuttal
  • The 12-person jury deliberated for an hour before unanimously agreeing that Schabusiness was not suffering from a mental disease or defect that impacted her ability to know right from wrong or to act within the bounds of the law.

The jury got it right, IMO. As much a troubled mentally ill person as TS was, she was more so a HUGE substance abuser and addict. In amidst the battle of all of the psych docs testimony, I recall hearing that Taylor was released from an inpatient stay in 2021 after 30 some days, and was prescribed suboxone amongst other Bi-polar meds. You don't take suboxone for relief from Meth. Suboxone is for Opioids/Heroin withdrawl. Her father had stated in his testimony, that she was abusing both Heroin and Meth.

I am just surmising that, while in treatment in the hospital, she was given every opportunity I am certain...to stay on the path of stability and free from addiction. She chose otherwise, in spite of her dual diagnosis. HER CHOICE

Drug addiction is a killer....in many ways.
'Some say', that addiction will lead to ...Jails, Institutions, or Death

MOO and Peace

The jury got it right. I feel sad for all involved here, even Taylor in a weird way. Not sad for the verdict or her impending sentence.....just sad for her that she is who she is.

Also, scared for all of the inmates she will be housed with. I'd be terrified of Taylor.

The jury got it right, IMO. As much a troubled mentally ill person as TS was, she was more so a HUGE substance abuser and addict. In amidst the battle of all of the psych docs testimony, I recall hearing that Taylor was released from an inpatient stay in 2021 after 30 some days, and was prescribed suboxone amongst other Bi-polar meds. You don't take suboxone for relief from Meth. Suboxone is for Opioids/Heroin withdrawl. Her father had stated in his testimony, that she was abusing both Heroin and Meth.

I am just surmising that, while in treatment in the hospital, she was given every opportunity I am certain...to stay on the path of stability and free from addiction. She chose otherwise, in spite of her dual diagnosis. HER CHOICE

Drug addiction is a killer....in many ways.
'Some say', that addiction will lead to ...Jails, Institutions, or Death

MOO and Peace
Excellent post. Thank you and it makes a lot of sense. imo

Vinnie and Julia explain what will happen at the end of this video.

As for your last question, look out!!
That’s super interesting. Thanks for sharing.

My question has always been, if the person is now deemed sane and released, what’s to stop something randomly triggering another episode, and another innocent victim’s life is lost?

That’s super interesting. Thanks for sharing.

My question has always been, if the person is now deemed sane and released, what’s to stop something randomly triggering another episode, and another innocent victim’s life is lost?

Unless the person remains on/and under treatment (and away from illegal drugs) there are no guarantees it wouldn't happen again. My amateur opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back