Will Casey make a deal if told they are going for death penalty?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Deal or no Deal ? that's the question! Poll here...

• Yes I feel strongly about it!

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Yes I feel perhaps she may do this.

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • Yes I feel it is slightly probably.

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Maybe, but they may want to see what other evidence is there first.

Votes: 38 15.1%
  • Maybe, but I'm not too sure.

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Maybe, just maybe.

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • I don't think so, unless there is stonger evidence than what we've seen so far.

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • I don't think, but I just can't get her.

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • I Don't think so.

Votes: 26 10.3%
  • HE!! NO! She thinks she is innocent!

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • He!! NO! She really believes her own lies!

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • He!! NO!

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • He!! No! She is innocent because Caylee is still alive so why deal?

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • He!! No! They have the wrong Casey!

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
I was reading the article on wftv - and this caught my eye - remember when Jesse said that Casey morphs into the person she's with - with Jesse she was religious, with Tony she partied, etc. Okay on wftv they stated this:

Casey Anthony appeared tense as the judge told her she won't get bond. She was all tears Tuesday just before she was indicted for first-degree murder. Hours later, after her latest arrest, she created the bespectacled look of a law student, wearing slacks, a button-up shirt and eyeglasses, not at all like her image before anyone knew her daughter Caylee was missing.

THIS statement - italisiced shows that Casey is either smitten with Baez or they are or did have a thing - she is morphing into the law student

Very telling!

But do I think she'll cave? Not if it drives away Baez.....

Very good observation, trac.

So when she gets into prison Gen Pop, will she turn into a tough girl? She'll need a LOT more tats, as well as some boxing lessons. :)

Very good observation, trac.

So when she gets into prison Gen Pop, will she turn into a tough girl? She'll need a LOT more tats, as well as some boxing lessons. :)

Well her personality sure does tell us that - BUT I'm sure she'll get marriage proposals and she'll marry in prision - all the Manson family did - Casey is a pretty girl I'm sure she'll have lots of attention!

'Now prosecutors could pressure Casey with the death penalty to open up about where Caylee is. "No body, no death penalty," Orlando defense attorney William Sheaffer told Eyewitness News.

Sheaffer, a former prosecutor, believes prosecutors will back off the death penalty to ease the pressure that could discourage jurors from convicting Casey of first-degree murder without Caylee's body in evidence, but says the defense team's insistence that Caylee is alive has blown their chance to negotiate Casey out of a possible life sentence.

"The defense has missed the boat on bargaining with the state other than taking the death penalty off the table," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer told Eyewitness News an experienced defense attorney would have argued it was accidental and negotiated a lesser charge.'

http://www.wftv.com/news/17723629/detail.html

This is what I have wondered all along. I do not see how the defense can effectively argue against the murder 1 or premeditation, without KC admitting to at LEAST negligent homicide--not to mention obstruction, abuse of a corpse etc. They have painted themselves into a corner. JMHUO

'Now prosecutors could pressure Casey with the death penalty to open up about where Caylee is. "No body, no death penalty," Orlando defense attorney William Sheaffer told Eyewitness News.

Sheaffer, a former prosecutor, believes prosecutors will back off the death penalty to ease the pressure that could discourage jurors from convicting Casey of first-degree murder without Caylee's body in evidence, but says the defense team's insistence that Caylee is alive has blown their chance to negotiate Casey out of a possible life sentence.

"The defense has missed the boat on bargaining with the state other than taking the death penalty off the table," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer told Eyewitness News an experienced defense attorney would have argued it was accidental and negotiated a lesser charge.'

http://www.wftv.com/news/17723629/detail.html

This is what I have wondered all along. I do not see how the defense can effectively argue against the murder 1 or premeditation, without KC admitting to at LEAST negligent homicide--not to mention obstruction, abuse of a corpse etc. They have painted themselves into a corner. JMHUO

I don't really understand. How could any defense attorney argue anything that isn't agreed to by his client? Is Baez supposed to make up a story about an accidental death and present it to the prosecutors when Casey is denying that Caylee is deceased?

I don't really understand. How could any defense attorney argue anything that isn't agreed to by his client? Is Baez supposed to make up a story about an accidental death and present it to the prosecutors when Casey is denying that Caylee is deceased?

I take it to mean that he should have convinced her that telling the truth about Caylee in exchange for a deal would be in her best interests in the long run.

She should check out her latest mug shot. If LE showed her the
needle and the death chamber she might have something to
seriously consider.

ITA ... She should have been on the Fl Dept of Corrections website looking up her future cellmates, instead of on myspace and facebook.

Does she think she is really going to be so special being the second female on death row? Is orange really her color? :waitasec:

Forgive me if this has been posted already and forgive me for not having a link, but this was posted on one of the Caylee's supporter pages on myspace....BOLD by me :)

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony had the look of dread on her face in court Wednesday and she knows she could face the death penalty. Eyewitness News is asking if the threat of death could force her to help find her dead daughter.

Casey Anthony is living in her tiny jail cell where she'll stay until her trial. She appeared before a judge Wednesday morning, facing first-degree murder charges for the death of her daughter Caylee. The judge told her she would not be allowed to bond out of jail.

Casey Anthony appeared tense as the judge told her she won't get bond. She was all tears Tuesday just before she was indicted for first-degree murder. Hours later, after her latest arrest, she created the bespectacled look of a law student, wearing slacks, a button-up shirt and eyeglasses, not at all like her image before anyone knew her daughter Caylee was missing.

Eyewitness News has learned the party girl in her could have contributed to Caylee's death in a big way. In March, friends told investigators, Casey was disappointed that she couldn't join friends for an island party vacation in July, because she couldn't find a babysitter for Caylee.

Starting in March, Casey's computer shows that someone researched the stories of missing children on several websites. Now prosecutors could pressure Casey with the death penalty to open up about where Caylee is. "No body, no death penalty," Orlando defense attorney William Sheaffer told Eyewitness News.

Sheaffer told Eyewitness News an experienced defense attorney would have argued it was accidental and negotiated a lesser charge.

As soon as the defense asks to see the evidence in the case, prosecutors have 15 days to give him what they know at that point that they will use at trial, but evidence keeps coming in from law enforcement in the ongoing investigation and they don't have all of it yet.

Quote: I take it to mean that he should have convinced her that telling the truth about Caylee in exchange for a deal would be in her best interests in the long run.

YATHINK...! ITA JB's inexperienced w DP and may have advised her poorly (re limited immunity, or whatever). Some believe "that train has left the station." But I believe it is still in everyone's best interests to offer life for a location that leads to recovery of Caylee's remains. JMO

Quote: I take it to mean that he should have convinced her that telling the truth about Caylee in exchange for a deal would be in her best interests in the long run.

YATHINK...! ITA JB's inexperienced w DP and may have advised her poorly (re limited immunity, or whatever). Some believe "that train has left the station." But I believe it is still in everyone's best interests to offer life for a location that leads to recovery of Caylee's remains. JMO

I've been saying all along that Baez has been more harm to her than good. Ill-advised and incompetent to represent her in this case.

I would like to see the SA go forward with a Death Penalty case, then bargain for LWOP for information as to who helped her after she killed Caylee.

JMO

Respectfully snipped

Sheaffer told Eyewitness News an experienced defense attorney would have argued it was accidental and negotiated a lesser charge.

QUOTE]

JB really screwed up on that one because the LE was waiting and waiting for him to call or show up about the immunity deal. JB DID NOT CALL LE at all. LE let is go past the deadline without a word. If JB know wants or thinks they are going to give a deal he is out of luck unless LE and the state pushes the Death on her. She is in jail the rest of her life anyway if she does tell.

I remember the words "maybe I'm a spiteful bietsch".............well.........she will take the secret to her grave for spite. IMO, to hurt people more.........everyone lies, everyone dies.........???? does that mean my family lies and my family dies??? IMO, she thinks she will get off like she always has in the past. A very tough. hard person........IMO like her mother Cindy. BTW, where is LEE??? Who is the other POI? LP always thought there was a 'helper'............

I think facing the DP will make Casey talk. She knows what she did and is aware now that she 'got no game' left in her. Baez looks a little beat as well. Hence him looking into a mistrial or loophole from the audio leak yesterday. He has nothing else and he knows it. She's toast and his career is looking pretty grim.

I don't think Jose wants her to be put to death any more than she does. He will look at the evidence and know that it's in her best interest.... IF he's got a functioning brain.

Bottom line, prosecution will say... We know you did this, tell us where you disposed of Caylee's body and we won't poke your veins with needles.

Casey cares about Casey or she would have committed suicide already. She wants to live more than she wanted her own child to.

I would lay down my life for my child, grand baby and family. Casey won't.

I agree, I think she should/could talk if it's on the table.

I don't think it will happen yet, but at some point durning the trial...if it's on the table.

I am still undecided on this one.

Every pathological liar I have personally know was all tough-guy blustery brave in outward appearances but on the inside, a complete pathetic cowardly excuse for humanity.
That being said, I cannot say for sure she would wheel and deal her way out of the DP. :deal:

The other factor is that I picture her as being very tempted by the whole Joan of Arc:burn: martyrdom scenario and a sense that dying while maintaining her innocence will assure her a place in female-martyr-history books.

I agree with the female martyrdom aspect...as a narcissistic sociopath (imo), kc needs a constant source for narcissistic supply...she needs attention...as a martyr on death row, that attention would be more appealing to her than a plea...again, moo. DRow..That's rock star living to her, as I see it. LWOP is just not as glamorous as a female on Death Row. She won't tell...and she won't make a deal.. she'll get the DP and sit for years waiting anyway. To her, that would be far better than green jello with the other average inmates...she'd be SPECIAL. For an N, it's all about N supply.......and again, moo, as someone who has a major N in the family who has caused major N destruction. I hope I am wrong and she makes a deal and leads LE to Caylee's precious remains so that she can have a proper burial. Ugh.

KC is the type of person that will never talk - ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again... she would rather take this to her deathbed than give up the local of Caylee's body. She never will. She will think that she still wins in the end because no one ever found Caylee and therefore can never prove FOR SURE that she did it.

I wish there were legal torture methods because I would welcome this witch being tortured to eternity to give up details for this poor child. Boils my blood to know this witch is letting her child rot out there somewhere and does not give 1 bit of crap except herself and no one else.

According to WFTV's 11 PM newscast -

EXPENSIVE defense - minimum 25k - 50K just for experts on the evidence

If Casey DID try to do her own defense at the taxpayers expense, apparently Baez would have to disclose who's been paying him so far. Interesting.

And Baez has not visited her yet since the brief hearing this morning.

I believe in the death penalty but in this instance LWOP seems more
appropriate . 40+ years in prison is gonna take a toll .

I think she would have less attention and that would be a good thing

Will Baez be spending 10-4 M-F down at the jail with Casey now that she can't come to his office??

I think that she will talk and soon... She appeared to be crying real tear of fear not tears of loss or I'm sorry, there was FEAR in her eyes. As we would say in Texas... She appeared to be shaking scared in her boots...

I do hope that TES finds Caylee also, and I still do not think that KC acted alone in this.

I agree with you Wicked... I saw FEAR in her eyes when she was at the press conference. Not regret or sorrow but true unadultrated FEAR. This little house of cards she built is crashing down. It was all a game to her until now. I don't think she ever thought further than the next day while she was telling LE all those lies and leading everyone on wild goose chases. She must have been p'o-d when CA called the cops on her. I think that was the beginning of the kink in her cable. Start reel "Lies and Coverups".

22 years old - never having to have taken responsibility for ANYTHING in her life including her education, her work history, her DAUGHTER. She's a spoiled brat in addition to everything we've all called her. And now, being faced with the very sobering life in a jail cell. What part of the script is she in now???

She will probably talk but only if the DP is being sought. It won't matter anyway. With LWOP in GenPop she will be eaten alive.

JMO :)

I don't think she will. She thinks she can lie her way out of this too. But to KC they aren't lies, it is her reality. She now feels qualified to represent herself since she has been hanging out in the law office of JB for a few weeks. She actually thinks, IMO, she can do a better job than JB along with mom CA calling the shots. KC and CA are like 2 peas in a pod.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back