Will Casey take the stand?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's a little Florida Statutes info for CA and GA if they feel like telling any fibs (especially in a Capital Offense Trial):

837.02 Perjury in official proceedings.--

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever makes a false statement, which he or she does not believe to be true, under oath in an official proceeding in regard to any material matter, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) Whoever makes a false statement, which he or she does not believe to be true, under oath in an official proceeding that relates to the prosecution of a capital felony, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) Knowledge of the materiality of the statement is not an element of the crime of perjury under subsection (1) or subsection (2), and the defendant's mistaken belief that the statement was not material is not a defense.

History.--s. 1, sub-ch. 6, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 2561; GS 3473; RGS 5343; CGL 7477; s. 998, ch. 71-136; s. 55, ch. 74-383; s. 33, ch. 75-298; s. 3, ch. 97-90; s. 1311, ch. 97-102.

837.021 Perjury by contradictory statements.--

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever, in one or more official proceedings, willfully makes two or more material statements under oath which contradict each other, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) Whoever, in one or more official proceedings that relate to the prosecution of a capital felony, willfully makes two or more material statements under oath which contradict each other, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I'll tell ya, Florida doesn't mess around. Perjury is serious business down there.

C & G have a very experienced and competent attorney in Mr NeJame. I am sure he is counselling/preparing them for when they take the stand.

Will Casey take the stand? Nothing would surprise me at this point. Would not be surprised if she tries to represent herself. She will probably put herself on the the stand and then cross examine herself. Not sure if that is legal though! And sadly, this post was not even intended to be a joke....But now I am turning it into one. Nothing about this woman/case will surprise me anymore! He_l, she will probably bring the nanny on as a witness (you know.....because the defense FINALLY found her!) I think I am going to be sick. Back in a few :)

C & G have a very experienced and competent attorney in Mr NeJame. I am sure he is counselling/preparing them for when they take the stand.

Really? He's done a bang up job so far with keeping CA under wraps. Could've fooled me.

Dunno about the stand but She sure knows how to take the piss !

A chav if i ever saw one!

If she was UK she would reside in a trailer park( Gyp camp).

Watching Nancy Grace on the view she seems to think that yes she will take the stand

I say there is not way her attorneys are going to put her on the stand.It will open up too many questions that they may be able to stifle in motions.

Watching Nancy Grace on the view she seems to think that yes she will take the stand

I say there is not way her attorneys are going to put her on the stand.It will open up too many questions that they may be able to stifle in motions.

I do not see them putting her on the stand. I would love to see it happen just so the pros can rip her apart with all of the lies she has told, but do not think JB will ever do that. If JB is planning on sticking with the ZFG story, though, I don't see how he can get away with NOT putting her on since she is the only known person to have ever seen, talked to, or known the "nanny". Because of this, I think he must have another strategy up his sleeve that will not include putting KC on the stand.

No way. She may WANT to but it will never happen.

she won't even talk in the ZFG civil case, let alone her own murder trial. Casey doesn't even want to be in the courtroom, let alone talk. I wish she would though, it would really put the last nail in her coffin when she opens up that lieing mouth of hers.

Oh, I HOPE she insists on testifying on her own behalf.

JB can't stop her. It is her right.

Please, please exercise your rights!

There is absolutely no way she can take the stand. Look at how terrible she did in the interviews with the cops. Now she's being asked questions by lawyers who are trained in parsing language to the point that they can make innocent people look guilty? No way.

But boy, I would drive the eight hours to Orlando to watch in a heartbeat, if she did!!!

I really hope she does, although I don't think it will happen.
Once her mouth opens, another lie will come out. Casey has told so many, she can't remember what lie she told to whom!
If she took the stand, I don't think it would take the jury more than 15 minutes to convict her!

Oh I'm sure she would LOVE to be on stage and tell us how her life has been ruined by The Man!

Won't happen, JB is an idiot but even he wouldn't be that inept. IMO as always.

Even if JB doesn't want her to take the stand, can casey INSIST she takes it?

Do you think thats something casey would insist on doing??

Oooh I'd want front row seats if that happened!!

I think that she would take the stand just to see if she could lie her way out. KC may think that she could convince 12 jurors, or at least one, that she is a "victim". Like NG said on the view, if she does take the stand, she would put on an oscar performance. Although KC may want to take the stand, if she doesn't, it would be because of JB.

So far, KC has actually stayed behind the cameras in a sense. She has not spoken to media, like her family has. She has not even wanted to attend her own court session. I'm not sure why she won't accept visitors other than her attorney, but I am guessing part of the reason is because she does not want the visits to be released to the public. IMHO, I don't believe KC even wants to be put on the stand to defend herself, she would rather hide behind JB. I think she believes that JB is her night and shinning armor who will make everything ok for her....Boy is she in for a rude awakening.

about as much chance as a snowball in an oven at 325d. :doh:

No way, no way, no way. The prosecution would have a field day with her. She has made waaay too many inconsistent statements. It would take two years to go through all of her lies. Then again, I can't see any other way that they are going to be able to get any evidence introduced at trial about "the full story" that will make KC mother of the year when we all hear it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back