Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LDB would carefully dissect all of her lies one by one. JA would go for her jugular.
I can't see ICA being able to withstand that.

Spot on! Actually I can't decide who would do the cross, JA or LDB? Even Frank George would be great, I remember him questioning Baez at the indigent hearing and Baez got his panties in wad over having to admit to the $200,000 payment from ABC to ICA when she sold photos and video of poor little Caylee.

Baez was trying to weasel out of stating in open court re ABC deal by saying it was an "in camera" issue, and MR George said " Your testifying now sir" Mr George was so good at that hearing and I've always wanted to hear more from him.

Either way all 3 prosecutors would hold ICA's feet to the fire.

Yes, he did.

He made the statement about the duct tape as a matter of fact. His statement about her testifying was offered as his opinion.

IIRC he made the statement after speaking with Baez and not reading the report for himself. Conway should have known better that to take Baez's word for it. Conway lost all credibility there.

Spot on! Actually I can't decide who would do the cross, JA or LDB? Even Frank George would be great, I remember him questioning Baez at the indigent hearing and Baez got his panties in wad over having to admit to the $200,000 payment from ABC to ICA when she sold photos and video of poor little Caylee.

Baez was trying to weasel out of stating in open court re ABC deal by saying it was an "in camera" issue, and MR George said " Your testifying now sir" Mr George was so good at that hearing and I've always wanted to hear more from him.

Either way all 3 prosecutors would hold ICA's feet to the fire.

Do you have a link to the video? I never knew that JB was put under oath and cross-examined!

LDB would carefully dissect all of her lies one by one. JA would go for her jugular.
I can't see ICA being able to withstand that.

But IF the defense says YES, she LIED, but she did it for this reason, then the state cannot go and pick on every single old lie, one by one. She would get a pass for it, and they would move on to her new 'story.'

That is where she would get hammered if it was a big old lie. Which it probably will be.

Do you have a link to the video? I never knew that JB was put under oath and cross-examined!

Yep, give me a sec and I'll find it. Well, well worth the watch and coincided with the day Mason joined the team, and Mr George is a star that day.

Here you go - this is also when Judge Strickland was the Judge

JUDGE'S ORDER: Strickland Grants Indigence Status
VIDEO REPORT: Taxpayers Saddled With Casey's Defense
CASEY ARRIVES: See Images | Raw Video
INDIGENCY HEARING: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Images
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Casey Hearing
INDIGENCE DETAILS: Motion | Fees | Application

http://www.wftv.com/news/22891038/detail.html

:loser: And didn't Brad also declare on national tv there was not duct tape attached to Caylee's body. Kinda/sorta on the same wave frequency as Cheney telling the media ICA was guilty until he decided she was worth $$$ in print and hopped on board the train wreck. :loser::loser:
His exact statement:

KING: All right. The heart of -- the body is stuffed in a laundry bag. The skull is wrapped in duct tape.

Could you imagine your daughter would do that?

CINDY ANTHONY: No. And I don't...

CONWAY: The duct tape probably was not wrapped around the skull. There are -- the forensics... (this statement is true, he was correcting Larry King)

KING: Well, what do we know and what don't we know?

CONWAY: We know that there was no flesh and no hair attached to the -- to the duct tape, yet that's what goes out in the media and that's what people assume to be true. And that's the unfair part, is that this -- this young lady has not had her opportunity in court, yet -- yet people have drawn conclusions from discovery that's out there.

I agree with Darnudes, he likely just took Baez word for it without checking the reports himself. Not the same as out and out lying on national tv and saying there was no duct tape attached to Caylee's body. The only thing he was wrong about is stating there was no hair attached to the duct tape.

At any rate, it doesn't mean that he can't form an opinion on whether KC will testify. He is an attorney and he was close to the case at one time. I think, whether he lied or was misquided about the duct tape, he could still give a valid opinion on whether or not KC will or should testify.

His exact statement:

KING: All right. The heart of -- the body is stuffed in a laundry bag. The skull is wrapped in duct tape.

Could you imagine your daughter would do that?

CINDY ANTHONY: No. And I don't...

CONWAY: The duct tape probably was not wrapped around the skull. There are -- the forensics... (this statement is true, he was correcting Larry King)

KING: Well, what do we know and what don't we know?

CONWAY: We know that there was no flesh and no hair attached to the -- to the duct tape, yet that's what goes out in the media and that's what people assume to be true. And that's the unfair part, is that this -- this young lady has not had her opportunity in court, yet -- yet people have drawn conclusions from discovery that's out there.

I agree with Darnudes, he likely just took Baez word for it without checking the reports himself. Not the same as out and out lying on national tv and saying there was no duct tape attached to Caylee's body. The only thing he was wrong about is stating there was no hair attached to the duct tape.

At any rate, it doesn't mean that he can't form an opinion on whether KC will testify. He is an attorney and he was close to the case at one time. I think, whether he lied or was misquided about the duct tape, he could still give a valid opinion on whether or not KC will or should testify.

I haven't gone back to read all the comments but don't forget that Conway held a press conference and this is where he flubbed about the report and the contents therein. It was obvious he hadn't read the report and was going by what he had been told (by Baez?) he got caught out big time. I do remember the Larry King show but it was really the press conference that shone a light on how he'd been misled. IMO. Wasn't sure if you had ever seen the press conference he held.

Agree with you about his opinion on ICA testifying - he was hired to give his opinion and that's what he's doing.

If she really does testify, it would just illustrate classic sociopathic thinking. I guess KC must also suffer from a poor memory. Does she not remember the trip to Universal with LE at her heels? Her own words and actions have been the crux of this case, and if she takes the stand, she will most definitely seal her own fate, (though she's probably already done that.)

KC like OJ and Scott P before her all rumored to want to " EXPLAIN" on the stand

The defense brought in other attorneys to do mock cross examination with
defendants - after not performing well both OJ and Scott decided to stay silent

the attorney visits this week with KC are attempting to get the prisioner off this suicidal mission or they are trying to get her to plea out.

Excellent point!

Casey has no experience in telling the truth and taking responsibility for her actions. She's had a lifetime of having her parents accept whatever explanation she gave them without them confronting her and holding her accountable.

I'm sure that if they did a mock cross examination with Casey, she wouldn't be able to pull it off. They'd back her into a corner and show her that it wouldn't be in her best interests to take the witness stand.

I haven't gone back to read all the comments but don't forget that Conway held a press conference and this is where he flubbed about the report and the contents therein. It was obvious he hadn't read the report and was going by what he had been told (by Baez?) he got caught out big time. I do remember the Larry King show but it was really the press conference that shone a light on how he'd been misled. IMO. Wasn't sure if you had ever seen the press conference he held.

Agree with you about his opinion on ICA testifying - he was hired to give his opinion and that's what he's doing.

Thank you, darnudes. Yes, I did see the press conference he gave. I really had no issue with the things he said. He spoke as I would expect any defense attorney to speak of the reports. His main points were that there are questions that need to be answered since the reports came out snd that judgement of KC should be reserved until trial. He said that the duct tape found with Caylee did not match that on the gas cans, a hair that could not be identified was found on the tape and that no DNA was found on the tape. This was all in the reports and it's understandable to me that he is going to view these things from a defense standpoint; he represented the defendant's parents.

I still don't see where he says there was no duct tape on Caylee nor how any of this relates to an attorney giving an opinion on whether a defendant will testify or not. (This is what I get whenever I bring it up) My point in mentioning his opinion is that it's not that far fetched to think she may testify. He speculated that she may testify two years ago and now MN has said the same thing. Many attorneys have said that there's no way to get an accident theory out without her testifying.

That's all I was saying and, fwiw, I don't agree with either of them. I don't think she'll ever take the stand.

At first I was certain that ICA would not testify, absolutely no way. However I am beginning to waffle on it. As my DH pointed out to me ICA thinks that she can charm, manipulate and lie the pants off of anyone. She has a big head and just may feel that she can get on the stand and cry her way through some sob story and handle JA & LDB. I'm on pins and needles now waiting to find out! How else will the DT truly and effectively be able to sell their story what ever it may be?!

At first I was certain that ICA would not testify, absolutely no way. However I am beginning to waffle on it. As my DH pointed out to me ICA thinks that she can charm, manipulate and lie the pants off of anyone. She has a big head and just may feel that she can get on the stand and cry her way through some sob story and handle JA & LDB. I'm on pins and needles now waiting to find out! How else will the DT truly and effectively be able to sell their story what ever it may be?!

Yes! And, after watching her performance in court yesterday during jury selection, I can really see her wanting to take the stand and tell her new story. As HHJP read the counts against her, KC cried and wiped her nose, playing the poor pititful girl part. Then, at some point later in the day, she is mad at JB and having a bit of a huff at the table to the point that JB admonishes her with the "acting like a two year old" comment. Clearly, KC knows how to put on a show, but when her emotions and anger take hold, she acts out and forgets she is supposed to be the pitiful, wrongly accused young, pretty, white woman. I truly believe that no matter how hard she tries, KC WILL show her true colors during this trial, and it will not be good for her. The jury will be sitting there listening to everything we have followed over the past 3 years, and watching her act out at the defense table will look bad. I think she is going to want to take the stand and tell the jury how everything REALLY happened. And, I don't think JB or CM will be able to stop her. My opinion at this point and I reserve the right to change it at any given moment. :crazy:

Then, at some point later in the day, she is mad at JB and having a bit of a huff at the table to the point that JB admonishes her with the "acting like a two year old" comment.

I am missing SOO much.

When did this come up? Was it lip-reading or did it accidentally come out through the mic?

I am missing SOO much.

When did this come up? Was it lip-reading or did it accidentally come out through the mic?

Through the mike. There is a thread about it.

How many people watched ICA today when we were waiting for the afternoon jurors to be brought back in? When she was sitting with D. Simms, in front of that laptop?

She was trying to control herself and her fears just because she was going to hear her charges read again - in front of everybody - so she was breathing out through her mouth, head down etc., clearly trying to "pull herself together". No way does this woman have the courage to take the stand and face LDB and Ashton - as much as she puts up a good front when she is "safe" at the Defense Table, surrounded by "her boys". IMO of course.

How many people watched ICA today when we were waiting for the afternoon jurors to be brought back in? When she was sitting with D. Simms, in front of that laptop?

She was trying to control herself and her fears just because she was going to hear her charges read again - in front of everybody - so she was breathing out through her mouth, head down etc., clearly trying to "pull herself together". No way does this woman have the courage to take the stand and face LDB and Ashton - as much as she puts up a good front when she is "safe" at the Defense Table, surrounded by "her boys". IMO of course.

It's interesting the different ways we each interpret what we see.

What I saw was her preparing for her role as the poor young mother that has been wrongly accused and greatly suffering the loss of her beloved daughter. Getting into character, if you will.

She may just think she's smart enough to take on LDB and JA one on one. Let's she how far she gets down that particular hallway.

TBH... Guilty or innocent a sociopath shouldn't take the stand. And regardless of whether or not she is a sociopath she has lied so many times it just wouldn't work.

On the other, hand I think she wants on some level to take the stand.

However, as you say she probably wouldn't be able to survive on the stand. She would probably be ripped to shreds in seconds. The key issue is does she realise this before she decides whether or not testify?

It's interesting the different ways we each interpret what we see.

What I saw was her preparing for her role as the poor young mother that has been wrongly accused and greatly suffering the loss of her beloved daughter. Getting into character, if you will.

She may just think she's smart enough to take on LDB and JA one on one. Let's she how far she gets down that particular hallway.

Reminds me of the Thematic Apperception Test where you are asked to look at a photograph/picture and tell what is happening in the picture, and what led up to it.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thematic_Apperception_Test[/ame]

Can be very revealing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members