Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not Casey will testify was discussed this afternoon on HLN's "Special Report" at 5:00PM (Eastern). Vinnie Politan will host this daily trial summary throughout the Casey Anthony trial. I didn't see a thread about the program and wasn't sure that anyone else was watching.

The panel presented possible reasons for and against Casey taking the stand. Personally, I think if Casey were to take the stand, she will use the opportunity to bad mouth her parents and/or accuse one or both of them of killing Caylee. jmo

Isn't it illegal for a lawyer to put his client on the stand either knowing she will lie or even coaching her to lie? I believe this is called suborning perjury.

(From an online dictionary: The criminal offense of procuring another to commit perjury, which is the crime of lying, in a material matter, while under oath.
It is a criminal offense to induce someone to commit perjury.)

Please don't tell me this is the only defense JB/CM have planned.

Isn't it illegal for a lawyer to put his client on the stand either knowing she will lie or even coaching her to lie? I believe this is called suborning perjury.

(From an online dictionary: The criminal offense of procuring another to commit perjury, which is the crime of lying, in a material matter, while under oath.
It is a criminal offense to induce someone to commit perjury.)

Please don't tell me this is the only defense JB/CM have planned.

However, there is a difference between known and thinking.

Also, how do your prove it?

However, there is a difference between known and thinking.

Also, how do your prove it?

How do you prove it? How does anyone prove it?
How did "suborning perjury" ever come to be, then?

I guess my thought is that this defendant is a known, proven and further charged liar. She has not told any truth in this entire case. She has been living a lie for years now. Her family lies. By putting her on the stand...wouldn't this be another setting for her to lie?

Why would she be expected to tell the truth now? For her lawyers to ask her to testify, would be asking her to lie.

They are going to have a hard enough time to keep her anger and crazy locked down at the table let alone put her on the stand. HOWEVER. The DT is promising a big shocker, either 1 minute or 3 minutes in... depending on whom you ask. ICA on the stand WOULD be a big shocker to me. And I'll make a pitcher for margaritas for myself for cross. :D

:great:

MN was just on NG ... and once again, MN said that ICA WILL take the stand !

:great: The SA will "eat her alive" ...

Can you just imagine the "stories" ... the "fairy tales" ...

I wonder who that bus will heading for ?

MOO MOO MOO ... I still believe ICA will take the stand ... of course, I may be wrong ... :crazy:

How do you prove it? How does anyone prove it?
How did "suborning perjury" ever come to be, then?

I guess my thought is that this defendant is a known, proven and further charged liar. She has not told any truth in this entire case. She has been living a lie for years now. Her family lies. By putting her on the stand...wouldn't this be another setting for her to lie?

Why would she be expected to tell the truth now? For her lawyers to ask her to testify, would be asking her to lie.

Not AFAIK (this question might be better suited to the legal board).

But a few thoughts:

Firstly, as AZ has stated, Perjury convictions are very rare. Indeed, it is very rare for such a prosecution to ever be brought.

Secondly, there are generally ethical laws in most jurisdictions that cover this matter and indeed their are various offenses such as aiding a principal in perjury and such like and indeed suborning perjury (whether these are applicable in Florida see below). However, most of these would require the Defense Attorney to actually know the testimony to be false, as in the Defendant admitted as much too him. Plus all the Defenses he could raise (I didn't know she would lie then when she was there I couldn't reveal the lie to the court on the basis of Attorney-Client privilege, etc) would make the prosecution extremely difficult.

In fact, prosecutions or disciplinary charges of this nature are extremely rare and indeed (AFAIK) almost non-existence.

N.B. I could not find "Subornation of Perjury" on a brief glance at the Floridian Statute. However, I suppose this could be prosecuted as aiding and abetting a principle. Further, there is a federal statute (§ 1622, Title 18, USC) but I am unsure if it applies to state proceedings.

Lastly, Perjury and other "Honour code"/"obstruction of justice" offences I think are nowadays used as a deterrent rather then actually prosecuted whenever occur, regardless of the derivation of these offences.

HTH

I wonder how CA and GA will feel when ICA blames them for her situation.

It will be hard for CA to keep parroting her belief in ICA at that time. CA is in such denial she will most like nod in agreement to everytning her princess has to say.

Perhaps CA will take it as her penance for having the nerve to call the police.

MN and BC both X- attorneys of the A's both stating ICA WILL take the stand
They have inside knowledge so I believe she will.
She probably thinks she is more capable of throwing noodles.
MOO

MN and BC both X-ray attorneys of the A's both stating ICA WILL take the stand
They have inside knowledge so I believe she will.
She probably thinks she is more capable of throwing noodles.
MOO

I can see JB putting her on the stand,but I'd be very surprised if CM would go for it? We already know what he thinks of her case.

:great:

MN was just on NG ... and once again, MN said that ICA WILL take the stand !

:great: The SA will "eat her alive" ...

Can you just imagine the "stories" ... the "fairy tales" ...

I wonder who that bus will heading for ?

MOO MOO MOO ... I still believe ICA will take the stand ... of course, I may be wrong ... :crazy:

Kind of makes me wonder if MN has some "inside info" since he is so sure she will testify. That certainly WOULD be a jaw-dropper, IMO. The State will destroy her.

What do you think of JVM saying she has a theory of what happened to Caylee
and she will reveal tomorrow night. She claims it came from someone on the inside. I'd take Nancy any night over JVM but I will have to tune in for that info.

Up until today I thought no way Jose would she take the stand. Now I'm not so sure she wont :waitasec:

What do you think of JVM saying she has a theory of what happened to Caylee
and she will reveal tomorrow night. She claims it came from someone on the inside. I'd take Nancy any night over JVM but I will have to tune in for that info.

We know she is cozy with Baez, so maybe she is just dropping hints that he could be the source. What I have found with JVM is it's all hype and no substance.

The only way KC will testify is if the DT is going for that "Primal Fear" moment.

For those that don't know, thats the movie where Richard Geer (Atorney) wants to get his client, Ed Norton off on insanity due to having multiple personalities, but the shipped has sailed with the judge. So he was to PROVE his client is crazy and he does that by putting him on the stand where he percedes to flip out on the SA.

I am really surprised that MN and BC both think she will testify. :waitasec:

During the time when her daughter was "missing" she did nothing but lie. To everyone. (Ok, even before that she did nothing but lie to everyone.)

When her mother finally calls the police, what does she do? Continue to lie to everyone including the police (under oath).

So, now that she is going to be on trial for HER life, people are going to be expected to believe that she is now telling the truth?

Really? :waitasec:

At first I was certain that ICA would not testify, absolutely no way. However I am beginning to waffle on it. As my DH pointed out to me ICA thinks that she can charm, manipulate and lie the pants off of anyone. She has a big head and just may feel that she can get on the stand and cry her way through some sob story and handle JA & LDB. I'm on pins and needles now waiting to find out! How else will the DT truly and effectively be able to sell their story what ever it may be?!

I agree. Very typical of someone with narcisstic personality disorder. Found this article that describes it very well....

www.echo.me.uk/npd4.htm

snipped to highlight a few areas:

"Narcissists can be experts in manipulation and seduction of the opposite sex."
"Narcissists use sex as a substitute for love and intimacy"

"They have a belief in their absolute uniqueness and as such they want to be the only important thing to the person they "love". Even if they have had children Narcissists often expect their partners to choose them above their offspring. They can be extremely competitive with their children who they see as challengers for their partner's attention."

We know she is cozy with Baez, so maybe she is just dropping hints that he could be the source. What I have found with JVM is it's all hype and no substance.

I did think of her connection to Baez. Maybe that will be his way of putting out more BS for public consumption.:seeya:

They are going to have a hard enough time to keep her anger and crazy locked down at the table let alone put her on the stand. HOWEVER. The DT is promising a big shocker, either 1 minute or 3 minutes in... depending on whom you ask. ICA on the stand WOULD be a big shocker to me. And I'll make a pitcher for margaritas for myself for cross. :D

Word! :)

That would be a shocker but no way in hell do I think she is going on the stand! It remains to be seen what sort of blow up she and Baez have if/when he tells her no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper