Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really want her to testify, but I can't imagine her attys letting her. It would be nice for the jury to see her in action. I know they have seen the tapes, but there is nothing like a defendant lying right in front of you.

All right, fine! I want her testify for my own sick amusement...I admit it. :crazy: I want to see her try and get out of this entire mess.

Do we know who is going to testify tomorrow?
When do we get to Dr G? I can't wait for her to take the stand :innocent:

I really, really want her to testify, but I can't imagine her attys letting her. It would be nice for the jury to see her in action. I know they have seen the tapes, but there is nothing like a defendant lying right in front of you.

All right, fine! I want her testify for my own sick amusement...I admit it. :crazy: I want to see her try and get out of this entire mess.

I do too but I think it'd be totally frustrating to watch her lying. It was bad enough listening to her during the questioning at Universal, I wanted to reach out and slap her..

BBM: I totally agree. The Jury got a "glimpse" of the REAL ICA this week after listening to the Jail House tapes ... but there is nothing like hearing it from the "horse's mouth" ...

B&RBM: :floorlaugh: I agree ... it would be "entertaining" to hear ICA's latest "fairy tale" ... :floorlaugh:

I am still sticking by my original prediction -- which is ICA will testify -- not only to lie -- but to PERFORM ! In her warped mind she "believes" she is a "celebrity" and she knows how much media attention she is getting right now.

In her "warped mind", this is her SHOW -- and she is NOT going to let anyone "upstage" her. Cindy was the most "dramatic" witness to take the stand so far and there is NO way ICA is going to let her mother upstage her.

ICA will "demand" the same attention -- if not more attention than Cindy received after her breakdown on the stand.

And I don't believe that JB or CM, or anyone on the DT, is going to stop ICA from testifying -- if she wants to.

:cow:

I thought I heard somewhere that Florida has a law that all witnesses need to be deposed. Would that be true for the defendant as well?

She won't testify.

If you hear the opening arguments, Jose states that when she is 13, she "COULD" put the object in her mouth and then go to school.

IMHO, the word could means they have no intention on putting her on the stand.

It is not going to happen.

I believe that she will testify, but against attorney's advice. Her anger in the courtroom is obvious, and she definitely has an inflated view of herself and her skills. She likes to be in control. She was brazen in past statements that were "under oath" / when she pledged truthfulness.

Plus, I don't think her attorneys can stop her from doing so <--please advise otherwise :waitasec:

From watching the case the last few days I would say Casey is going to testify against advice from her council. Casey has been making faces and shaking her head no this entire trial. I think she will think the jury would maybe feel a little sorry for her if she is able to take the stand and get the tears flowing. I've got news for her....it won't work. The jury has to know what we all here know at WS and that is she is guilty. It doesn't matter who gets thrown under the bus (I think all possible availble people have already been thrown) and no matter if Casey takes the stand or not.....it won't matter because she is getting the DP or LWOP.....PERIOD.

I agree. But they also have to have someone testify about the abuse. They first NEED the sexual abuse to accept the testimony about PTSD and ugly coping.

And they need Casey to repair her image somewhat after all of these horrid videos the jury is watching. They need to hear and see her as a sympathetic human. There is a slight chance that if she took the stand and cried her eyeballs out about being raped before school in the morning that she might get one or two jurors to give her some mercy.

Do you think her fake crying, dry heaves, feeling sick, & crying on her DT's shoulder is their way of trying to repair her image?

I don't think Casey's lawyer would be dumb enough to put her on the stand. I think she would continue to lie and that at some point she would put her foot in her mouth and make herself look just as guilty as she is. It amazes me how Casey seems to keep all her lies straight. I would like to see her questioned about the claims that her father had sex with her and that Lee tried to also. I'm am not sure she could give the details of that and keep everything straight. I think she made up the whole thing. She would have to admit that she is a constant liar, so the jury and others wouldn't know what to believe and what not to believe. She could also get in trouble for lying on the stand.

I strongly believe, for many, many reasons, that the inmate will NOT EVER take the stand.

She is going to embrace her DT's mistakes, immaturity, inexperience and inadequecies to the fullest extent: She is going to blame her guilt on THEM now. Poor, innocent inmate.

IF (did I say IF?! Yep, I think so...) the inmate does take the stand I promise to hold a party for all willing and able WSers at MY HOUSE!!!! Pinky swear!!!!!! :blowkiss:

I'm so torn on this question. There is this huge part of me that knows how bad of an idea it would be and knows that the DT is made up of fools if they allow it to happen, but there is another part of me that knows that she is the boss and they can only tell her what is in her best interests and they can't actually stop her from testifying. And then there is the part of me that knows how people like her are and I fully believe that in her heart she believes that she can talk her way out of it and maybe insist on taking the stand. At any rate, on 20/20 tonight it was said that at this point she really has nothing to lose and from what I have seen, I don't know how she could make this worse.

I don't think she will, but I really hope she will so the SA can ask her why she was wearing Find Caylee buttons when she knew Caylee was dead and why she called 911 when the protestors were outside of her house, but she didn't call 911 when her daughter "drowned."

I really, really want her on the stand.

She had to testify or she will be found guilty and get death. But she can't testify because the prosecution will tear her up.. But with that said.. SHE HAS TO TESTIFY. It's her only hope.

Well all during the jury selection process DT asked the question of something like "Would you hold it against ICA if she didn't testify." This tells me that the DT was not going to let her take the stand.

The DT has been making little comments so the jury hears like example "Wrong Hair Brush" they are doing that to try and get stuff in so ICA won't have to take the stand. I'm thinking if it is so damning and they know the writing on the wall, ICA will take the stand. The only thing though is I think ICA will lose any argument of ineffective council if she does and probably will hurt all chances of a recommendation of LWOP. MOO

I remember the comment about not taking the stand, I assumed that meant she wasn't taking the stand, although the way things are going she has nothing to lose if she does.

ICA will roll the dice. She will not take the stand or plea deal.

She has a better chance of appeal with a new set of attorney's. She will gamble on a reversal and re-trial with a better strategy based on experience from this trial and a highly tainted Jury pool.

The current Defense are laying the record for many and various appeals that will likely give ICA another shot. This is plan B and now they know what the SA has and will do they have a better chance of success next time. This is just practice for Round 2.

Casey was a grown woman, about age 22 when Caylee died. There's no way that taking the stand and acting like an abused teenager is going to help her get out of anything. It doesn't matter to the jury if Cindy was the more level headed one in the family or what Casey now says about George. The only thing that will help is if George confesses to finding Caylee drowned and verifies that Casey didn't do it. The supposed confidence made to some bogus mistress won't help either.

txsvicki,

Good thoughts and comments. ICA may be foolish but there's no way imo she will take the stand. Her lies and temper tantrums will do her good NO MORE.

Does anyone know if Susan Smith took the stand? She's the only one I know to compare to ICA. Thanks.

Not in a million years & would be horrible move if DT let her....SA would rip her to shreds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead