Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICA will roll the dice. She will not take the stand or plea deal.

She has a better chance of appeal with a new set of attorney's. She will gamble on a reversal and re-trial with a better strategy based on experience from this trial and a highly tainted Jury pool.

The current Defense are laying the record for many and various appeals that will likely give ICA another shot. This is plan B and now they know what the SA has and will do they have a better chance of success next time. This is just practice for Round 2.

No offense intended, but dont believe appeals will do her any good but to prolong whatever sentence she may receive.

ICA will not testify. If I was a betting person I'd put up quite a bit on my opinion. She will not testify. Don't understand why Nejame is saying she will.

Do you think her fake crying, dry heaves, feeling sick, & crying on her DT's shoulder is their way of trying to repair her image?

Yes, I do think it is her feeble attempt to get some sympathy.It might work on a few people, like ones who know nothing about her. I am glad the jury watched all of those jailhouse videos already.

I'm so torn on this question. There is this huge part of me that knows how bad of an idea it would be and knows that the DT is made up of fools if they allow it to happen, but there is another part of me that knows that she is the boss and they can only tell her what is in her best interests and they can't actually stop her from testifying. And then there is the part of me that knows how people like her are and I fully believe that in her heart she believes that she can talk her way out of it and maybe insist on taking the stand. At any rate, on 20/20 tonight it was said that at this point she really has nothing to lose and from what I have seen, I don't know how she could make this worse.

She had to testify or she will be found guilty and get death. But she can't testify because the prosecution will tear her up.. But with that said.. SHE HAS TO TESTIFY. It's her only hope.

I remember the comment about not taking the stand, I assumed that meant she wasn't taking the stand, although the way things are going she has nothing to lose if she does.

ITA with all of this, it would be the stupidest possible decision for her but it really is her ONLY chance. if she can get up there and continue to lie stupidly and cry in a somewhat realistic manner, she might convince enough of the jury that she is bats*&t crazy enough to think an accident covered up as a murder was a reasonable way to handle her daughter's death to squeak by with a neglect charge.

I believe she will take the stand both for that reason and for the fact that she really does seem like she thinks she can talk her way out. she really does think people believe her tales.

I also believe it will backfire tremendously when the state crosses her as she has thus far been unable to hide her hatred for the prosecution.

My bet is that Casey will take the stand ...
The "sparring match" with JA will begin, and
within the first few minutes of JA's questioning,
Casey's deep hatred of JA will be revealed
Her face and ears will turn fiery red,
she will furiously tighten and then shake her fists
while through her clenched teeth and jaw she will wail,
"MAKE HIM STOP!!!!!!"

:smiliescale:

Reminds me a little of darlie router too. Does anyone remember if she took the stand.

I cannot imagine ice would, but I would love to see ldb go after her.

Reminds me a little of darlie router too. Does anyone remember if she took the stand.

LOL Is that a typo? 'Cause, if not, it's certainly appropriate.

LOL Is that a typo? 'Cause, if not, it's certainly appropriate.

Lol it is a typo. I just have the iPad this morning and cannot even figure out how to do caps. But it was appropriate. :floorlaugh:

because of the proof of her lying repeatedly, I think that it wouldn't be wise to put her on the stand. The jury wouldn't believe anything she said. IMHO

beth K., who assertively predicted that ICA would take the stand after the dt opening, yesterday said she wasn't so sure

BUT THAT SHE SHOULD.

wonder why her confidence has weakened so dramatically since the trial started? all the trial has done, imo, has demonstrated that ALL the dt theory now has to bolster their "story" is ICA's testimony.

other than "he said , she said"---they got nothing.

its all they have to explain crazy, hot dancin ICA's unexplainable reaction to the "accident." bad daddy. toxic family.

she has to testify.

Would it be wise to put her on the stand. LOL, no. But look at the defense team. Do you consider them wise? Look at the show that KC has been putting on. She has sat and heard testimony about how Caylee was found and all the other details, and hasn't blinked in other hearings. But she is crying now isn't she? I think it is possible she may go on the stand. The DT may not have decided for sure yet, but I think it is possible.

Things JB said in the opening statements, there is no way to really get the story out except for KC to testify about it. The abused child story as well as the accidental drowning stories, there is no other way to really get them spelled out for the jury. And I don't think that sublety is JB's style. Besides on the stand she can be the grieving mother, horribly abused by her parents. And the prosecution.

And as far as her testifying, I think she might even be able to carry it off. Instead of lashing out at the prosecution, she will try to look beaten. She will show anger at times, probably when she talks about the day Caylee 'accidently' died. But mostly she will try to look young, weak and confused.

darlie routier did take the stand. here is her testimony

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-44.php#2

although it is MUCH better to read the entire transcripts in order to realise how awful an idea it was for her to do

ETA: I think ICA has much more to lose by NOT taking the stand than darlie routier did

ETA again whoa I had completely forgotton that darlie also played the sex abuse card. this is IMO a very interesting read for anyone following ICA case.

fwiw darlie is on death row.

Regardless of her defense team I think Casey will want to take the stand. IMO, she believes she is able to convince the jury of her 'innocence'. It's what she excels at in her mind - manipulation - and her ego will not allow her to see failure.

JMHO

There's no way taking the stand could benefit her, so I'll be extremely surprised if she does.

I agree with Marshmallow. The defense can raise any scenario they want and hint at any accident they want. KC is not going to testify, no way and if I were a juror and heard the defense talking about an accident, my first thought would be, why isn't she telling us about it. An accident and 'snowballing afterward' will not work unless the jury hears about it from KC. AGH (ain't gonna happen!)
It seems to me that if it were an accident, she should have told LE that at the get-go, and surely before the trial started. I don't think the jury is going to buy it, especially considering that she threw Caylee away like trash (literally).

Casey will never take responsibility for anything as long as she can blame someone else so no she will never take the stand, even if it was to save her own life.
There was no accident. Ugly coping can only go so far. ICA's ugly coping started before Caylee's birth and continued after the murder. She ugly coped so well, her friends thought everything was normal.
That's not to say she won't have verbal outbursts during the trial, like when her Grandmother takes the stand, or TonE does but she'll never testify. Luckily for us all the jailhouse videos and phone calls, text messages, diary entries and myspace postings will testify for her.

Quoting myself because I didn't know the DT would admit to Caylees accidental death in their clients presence back in February or that they would weave such a tangled web where the entire world starting with her family is to blame.
She has to testify now if the experts are to be believed. :great:

Im leaning towards her testifying because that girl can talk and talk and talk. And you can just TELL that she loves to spin a web of lies. She enjoys it when people listen to her and her BS.

The only question i have about all this is, If she is going to testify, doesnt she have to be deposed by the state and the defense first or is the defendant an exclusion to the rule of depositions?

If they don't get a deposition from her, wouldn't they have NO IDEA what nonsense she might spout when she does finally take the stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow