Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I originally responded to this poll at the beginning of the trial, I was SURE she would *not* take the stand, because I assumed she would act on the advice of her counsel. But now, after the events of the past few days, I am about 95% sure she WILL take the stand, which I cannot wait to see.

I have just peripherally followed this case, but I have a question for those of you who have been more diligent than I.

Could ICA going on the stand be what the DT wants...but can't say they want?

For example, we just had the competence hearing, is it possible that ICA was judged just competent enough (borderline something) and the DT think that if she gets on the stand and then there just happens to be a BIG BREAKDOWN that this might be the only chance to save her from the needle? IDK, I just think I can hear "HH we all know from the competency hearing that my client has a fragile mental state, after how hard the Prosecution has pushed her we ask for another competency hearing (cue ICA muttering and drooling on the stand)." from JB. Also, even if another competency hearing isn't called a breakdown may sway the jurors that .00001%.

In the above example the DT has to be completely against ICA going on the stand...to our faces, but to her it may be "well if you did get on the stand and this just happened to happen..." or ICA may have just made it obvious that this is what she plans on doing.

Any think this may be a possibility?

[not that I think that ICA has a fragile mental state...just something that JB may argue]

Perhaps the DT are thinking of having her testify but have doubts about her mental state - it would not surprise me with the quality of DT she seems to have that they would think it a good idea that she testify!

Casey doesn't look too happy with that guard right behind her, probably interferes with her illusions of being a member of the defense team!

I hope so. I want Karma to give her 10 fold of what she has doled out. I want her to be slaughtered with words. I want her sociopathic soul to shatter.
A girl can dream.

KC is too much of a coward to take the stand. After seeing what is going on in court this morning, she is capable of anything to save herself. I think the jury will see just how deceitful and cunning she is when George literally broke down and cried and KC stared at him with utter contempt.

I really cannot wait for this girl to be told by Judge Perry what slime she really is.

I can see her as of today getting up on the stand only to smear her father.She is beyond mad at him now.

It would be the Lie- A -Thon grand finale....and I wouldn't miss it for all of the cows in Texas.

I wrote out a long post and decided to delete it as it wasn't necessary.

I've come to the conclusion she will testify in the hope of avoiding sitting on death row at Lowell Correctional. I don't think she wants to take a chance on going to this place as a death row inmate.

That's my final call - Casey Anthony will take the stand.

IMO

After watching the performances, yes I'm calling them performances, by the entire troupe of Anthony Theater, I think we will see an appearance from ICA.

Simply I am coming to this conclusion because ICA cannot or will not allow her family to have the last word. Regardless of what her defense team wants, she will take the stand.

She does not see the family in the role of answering questions in a court of law, under oath, concerning the death of Caylee.

Instead, I believe she sees this as an attack on her and her method has always been to have a an argument full of lies as a come back.

She's in a war now. She will take the stand not to clear her name or uncover what happened to Caylee but mainly to cast revenge on her own family.

ICA can lie anywhere, anytime. Raising her right hand to God will not end her lies. She will be motivated by hate and the desire to hurt them all.

jmo

I wrote out a long post and decided to delete it as it wasn't necessary.

I've come to the conclusion she will testify in the hope of avoiding sitting on death row at Lowell Correctional. I don't think she wants to take a chance on going to this place as a death row inmate.

That's my final call - Casey Anthony will take the stand.

IMO
Ya, I've come to the opposite conclusion, based on the same considerations.

I really can't see it happening. I also think there is a lot of wishful thinking behind speculations of her taking the stand. --Law & Order style, 11th-hour confessions, "You can't handle the truth!" and all that.

I'd love to see that, just as much as everyone else (except for maybe the news media, who seem to be the major proponents behind this theory --Can you imagine the replay value??). I'm just pragmatic about the way these things normally play out.

Ultimately, Casey knows she is guilty. She might fancy herself as a master-manipulator, and the smartest person in the room, but she is definitely calculating the risks of attempting an epic, coup de grâce of insanity and lies in front of the entire world. If she slips up on the stand, it could literally cost her her life. I don't think she has the minerals to put herself in the hot seat. Casey is an evasive liar, an artful dodger, a sneaky-snake, not the criminal mastermind that she has be characterized as.

That said (and I apologize for rambling a bit, the coffee is just kicking in), I really hope that I am wrong.

I am anxious to hear what KC has to say when the judge asks her if she is or is not choosing to testify. I think the DT is trying very hard to keep her off the stand, but they are not proving their "theory" otherwise. If she doesn't she can kiss her little butt goodbye. If she does, she can also kiss her little butt goodbye.

I can see her saying to JB, "Well, you totally aren't helping me. So far, this thing has been a huge waste. I will testify. Everyone will listen to me speak."

It seems the defense is winding down. A few more witnesses, maybe Mr. Grund but really what does he have that will effect the case.

I think they may acutally let her testify.. the defense witness I have seen thus far have acutally turned out to be more of a state witness.

They are wrapping up tomorrow, so definitely no Casey.

Can defense call ICA to testify after the State's rebuttal? I'm so disappointed at the thought she might not testify after all.

If the DT was planning on calling Casey, they wouldn't have told Perry they are wrapping up tomorrow, nor would they be discussing the possibility of weekend deliberations. IMO.

Even if she got up on the stand and confessed to everything, who would believe her now? She has lied so much already. The only it might help the jury with, is to hear her version of events. I still think she is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agave1993