Will he get bail?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Cisco had to end this somehow. And I guess if someone's going to bail him out, it could take awhile to come up with that much money. Wonder when the trial will take place?

I think you are right about Cisco. If he can't come back to work now, then would he? I am actually amazed that he still has the job. I have no idea how long it would take for the trial to take place, but it generally takes a while.

I guess Cisco had to end this somehow. And I guess if someone's going to bail him out, it could take awhile to come up with that much money. Wonder when the trial will take place?

I read on WRAL that BC was resigning his position with Cisco.

Well then it's good that you are neighbors with people who are both "friends of Nancy" and "rich friends of Brad." Hopefully you all will be very generous in covering the 10% of bail needed for Brad to make bond.

It's neither tax deductible nor refundable, but I'm sure he'd appreciate your generous financial gift, nonetheless. Barring that, I'm sure his lawyers would very much like to be paid. There's no lack of opportunities to support either Brad or his lawyers, so give generously!

You must be really bored.

I read on WRAL that BC was resigning his position with Cisco.

Why resign? If his job was so important to him, and one of the reasons his attorney said he needed to be free on bail, why resign? Cisco has been saying for a couple of weeks now (at least) that his employment status was "under review", so why now is this news to HK?

Not that I ever expected him to be back at work, but really.... this seems rather odd.

Doesn't look like anyone bailed him out today.

from the updated WRAL article:

"It's unlikely, however, that Cooper will be able to make bond. He was declared indigent in October. It's a bond that almost no one can make," Kurtz said, adding that keeping Cooper in jail hinders the defense."

As for why he is resigning...maybe Cisco cut some kind of deal with him that allows him to resign and get something in exchange. Or maybe he just wanted to have 'control' over no longer working there ('you can't fire me, I quit!'). But if he did resign today then I guess he is not expecting to make bail anytime soon, if ever.

"It's unlikely, however, that Cooper will be able to make bond. He was declared indigent in October.

"It's a bond that almost no one can make," Kurtz said, adding that keeping Cooper in jail hinders the defense."

As for why he is resigning...maybe Cisco cut some kind of deal with him that allows him to resign and get something in exchange. Or maybe he just wanted to have 'control' over no longer working there ('you can't fire me, I quit!'). But if he did resign today then I guess he is not expecting to make bail anytime soon, if ever.

If one can believe Kurtz - the requested $150k bond was the equivalent to the jailed one's yearly salary and is whining that Brad boy being in jail is a hinderance to his defense. :crazy: This guy will try any and every excuse I think.

In case you all missed it Jason Young got named "Slayer" today in a civil judgement - next is :behindbar. I so hope he gets to meet up with the jailed one. They have lots in common and could share some good stories.

'Hinderance' to the defense? Are they barring Kurtz from talking to him or meeting with him? I mean yeah, no more trips to HT, but I don't see what else there is for Brad to do; he's certainly done enough in the 100+ days after the murder.

'Hinderance' to the defense? Are they barring Kurtz from talking to him or meeting with him? I mean yeah, no more trips to HT, but I don't see what else there is for Brad to do; he's certainly done enough in the 100+ days after the murder.

It's all just lawyer-speak. K has to say something to keep BC happy, so it's blah blah blah which no one believes, but everyone expects to hear.

Yep, funny how the jailed one cooperates with those lawyers when he wants something for himself - but not when it came to his wife or kids:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4081184/

"It's a bond that almost no one can make," Kurtz said, adding that keeping Cooper in jail hinders the defense. "Our focus here is to clear Brad Cooper's name, and our focus all along has been to clear his name."

Pipe dream clearing that name.

Well then it's good that you are neighbors with people who are both "friends of Nancy" and "rich friends of Brad." Hopefully you all will be very generous in covering the 10% of bail needed for Brad to make bond.

It's neither tax deductible nor refundable, but I'm sure he'd appreciate your generous financial gift, nonetheless. Barring that, I'm sure his lawyers would very much like to be paid. There's no lack of opportunities to support either Brad or his lawyers, so give generously!

I do appreciate your sense of humor, SG! :):clap:How else can you really respond to the idea that someone may want to bail him out?!! I think this is especially true now, given that we know how he spent the evening of the 11th. Reading emails (perhaps also from BW) and winding himself up. The picture becomes clearer all the time.

They do. They would definately be able to post bail if they wanted to. Unfortunately....

Hi RKAB,

That speaks volumes. I thought that his family may post bail, if they were in a position to help. Such a lot of money.

"It's unlikely, however, that Cooper will be able to make bond. He was declared indigent in October. It's a bond that almost no one can make," Kurtz said, adding that keeping Cooper in jail hinders the defense."

I sure hope he doesn't make bail! He will run to Canada and although Canada will extradite, it does take a long time. Remember Bambi?

If they had him on electronic monitoring he wouldn't be able to run (or at least they'd know immediately if he left the prescribed area).

They do. They would definately be able to post bail if they wanted to. Unfortunately....

Hi RKAB! Hope you've been well. :blowkiss: So, are you saying his family does not want to bail him out even though they can afford to do so?

Hi RKAB,

That speaks volumes. I thought that his family may post bail, if they were in a position to help. Such a lot of money.

Doesn't appear, to me, that there is a lot of emotional support or closeness in that family. If there is, it certainly doesn't rise nearly to the level of the Rentz family.

RKAB, what do you mean by "Unfortunately..."?

Brad's parents have the means to post bail, if they wanted to, but "unfortunately" they: 1) don't care or want to 2) "unfortunately" they...I don't know exactly what you mean. Hope you will clarify. I know that you are in a place to "know" what you are talking about regarding Brad's family.

So, how is Brad's family going about their lives? Are they cowering in shame and embarrassment? Is it affecting the marriage of his parents in any visible way? Or are they a strong partnership who can weather any storm? I'd be interested in knowing the tone in Medicine Hat, if you happen to have heard.

I'm thinking there is a reason Kurtz asked for a bail of only $150k. Surely this issue has been discussed prior to the hearing between client and lawyer and a range of figures was reached that could be made. The fact that Cisco backed him until Friday suggests that the figure asked for would have been met. Kurtz using BC's job as leverage against the judge was not a good idea. Kurtz is also on record saying that almost no one could post the bond required by the judge and the jailed one, perhaps playing the pity card, has said he will resign his job. Indications are the jailed one will remain just that - jailed. Too many negatives for the jailed one to receive a lower bond - no home, no job, a foreign national with an updated passport...hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member