Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on stage live at the OSCARS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wouldn’t accept an apology or take a call from WS if I were CR.

Jmo
He shouldn’t. IMO. He’s done all the right things so far, and most people seem to be on his side. The best thing he can do at the moment is go about his business and not talk about it. He’s a comedian. He told a joke. Somebody didn’t like it and assaulted him. The story tells itself, and he doesn’t owe WS the indulgence.

IMO As a forensic psychologist, I find it difficult to reward any person's bad behavior. There is a fine line between being funny and being cruel. There is also a fine line on how one responds to a negative situation. If I were giving out gold stars to the kids that night, I know two that would not get one.

Will Smith is a joke. Jada has also made a joke of herself in the past couple of years. Their son Jaden is a joke too, which is a shame because he was doing some great stuff. I hope Willow doesn't go the same route, she's insanely talented.

Let's not forget about the New Village Leadership Academy in Calabasas and how they set up that school to brainwash innocent kids into Scientology.

Chris Rock was literally doing his job, that was what he was paid/invited for. I'm sure the whole thing was approved beforehand. It was a stupid, not very funny joke. Jada has been very vocal about feeling positive about her condition, which I think is great and more power to her. Will Smith just invalidated all that, like his wife is some fragile little thing that can't voice her opinions and defend herself, she clearly can and she has been very vocal with her most inner thoughts for years. This is not how people go about things in real life. My guess is that Smith is on the verge of a mental breakdown, was probably under the influence and this is just tip of the iceberg. It only goes down from here.

You can't sit there and laugh about jokes about everyone else and get violent when the same person makes a joke about you or your family.

He desperately wants approval from his wife and this is NOT how he's going to get it, I bet she's embarrassed. I would be.

Will Smith is a joke. Jada has also made a joke of herself in the past couple of years. Their son Jaden is a joke too, which is a shame because he was doing some great stuff. I hope Willow doesn't go the same route, she's insanely talented.

Let's not forget about the New Village Leadership Academy in Calabasas and how they set up that school to brainwash innocent kids into Scientology.

Chris Rock was literally doing his job, that was what he was paid/invited for. I'm sure the whole thing was approved beforehand. It was a stupid, not very funny joke. Jada has been very vocal about feeling positive about her condition, which I think is great and more power to her. Will Smith just invalidated all that, like his wife is some fragile little thing that can't voice her opinions and defend herself, she clearly can and she has been very vocal with her most inner thoughts for years. This is not how people go about things in real life. My guess is that Smith is on the verge of a mental breakdown, was probably under the influence and this is just tip of the iceberg. It only goes down from here.

You can't sit there and laugh about jokes about everyone else and get violent when the same person makes a joke about you or your family.

He desperately wants approval from his wife and this is NOT how he's going to get it, I bet she's embarrassed. I would be.
I did not like their school thing AT ALL.

IMO, the 'special snowflakes' in Hollywood have just put the kibosh on Comedians. They are the elete...and comedians will always be beneath them.

Watch....if the Oscars do recover from this fiasco, the expectation of being entertained by a comedian or two is now out the window. We will see no humor. Only the self glorification of the elite.

"You may not laugh at my expense" has consequences.
That^^^ is exactly what happened in the colleges as well.

Comics used to make a good living doing college tours. It was great for everyone. The students had a fun show to attend, the comics made some cash and worked on their bits , preparing for tv appearances, etc.

Then the comics began getting cancelled, one by one, for making jokes about various cultural differences or gender differences, etc. And an entire 'way of life' for our nation's comics was totally shut down. I have heard many of them lament about it for years now.

And what did that do for the collegiate? It helped them fortify their Ivory Towers. No fear that any uncomfortable thought or unkind word would ever breach their Ivory Towers anymore.

IMO, comics served a very important role in society.>>>> Pointing out the obvious ....shedding light upon the darkness, bringing into the light previously unspoken thoughts, fears, rumours, etc.

I think that is a very healing process that is beneficial for the society at large.

That^^^ is exactly what happened in the colleges as well.

Comics used to make a good living doing college tours. It was great for everyone. The students had a fun show to attend, the comics made some cash and worked on their bits , preparing for tv appearances, etc.

Then the comics began getting cancelled, one by one, for making jokes about various cultural differences or gender differences, etc. And an entire 'way of life' for our nation's comics was totally shut down. I have heard many of them lament about it for years now.

And what did that do for the collegiate? It helped them fortify their Ivory Towers. No fear that any uncomfortable thought or unkind word would ever breach their Ivory Towers anymore.

IMO, comics served a very important role in society.>>>>

Pointing out the obvious ....shedding light upon the darkness, bringing into the light previously unspoken thoughts, fears, rumours, etc.

I think that is a very healing process that is beneficial for the society at large.

Laughter has tremendous health benefits. It will be sad if comedy goes by the wayside. The world needs it now more than ever.

I seek after humor, it’s the main reason I read the Daily Mail comment section…seriously. I welcome any podcast or humor resource info.

There is the image of her rolling her eyes as the joke was delivered, and while her husband was laughing at the joke. That's when he jumped up and went up on stage. There's also video of her laughing while he slapped Chris Rock. She may be embarrassed now, but I'm not so sure that's how she felt in the moment. JMO

There is the image of her rolling her eyes as the joke was delivered, and while her husband was laughing at the joke. That's when he jumped up and went up on stage. There's also video of her laughing while he slapped Chris Rock. She may be embarrassed now, but I'm not so sure that's how she felt in the moment. JMO

Pressure Mounts On Academy To Release SECRET Three-Second Video Of The Will Smith-Chris Rock Slap That Rocked The Oscars

Pressure Mounts On Academy To Release SECRET Three-Second Video Of The Will Smith-Chris Rock Slap That Rocked The Oscars

It’s the three seconds of tape that only Academy bosses have seen. Crucial unseen video showing what Jada Pinkett Smith said to Will Smith in the seconds before he charged the Oscars stage and slapped Chris Rock is central to the Academy of Motion Pictures’ investigation— but has yet to be publicly released, Radar has learned.

The main camera remained on Rock for at least three seconds before Will stormed the stage, a Hollywood source told Radar.

“We know there was a camera right in front of Will and Jada,” the insider said.

“Someone needs to force the hand of the gatekeepers to release the missing video after the cutaway (television speak, for a shot that cuts away from the main action to a separate or secondary action).

“An analysis of the video in slow motion shows Will not only laughing at Rock's joke but also clapping. The video of what happened during the next three seconds afterward needs to be released; it's a multi-camera setup.

“Jada did something major that snapped him out of genuine laughter. He was never looking at her as you can see in the video before the director cut back to Rock.”

Academy Accused of Lying About Asking Will Smith to Leave Oscars

The Will Smith-Chris Rock Oscars Slapgate took an interesting turn Thursday as a new video surfaced of Jada Pinkett Smith’s initial reaction and the Academy was accused of lying about asking Smith to leave the ceremony. On Wednesday, Academy representatives said Smith refused to leave the Dolby Theater after he was told to do so. But sources close to the matter told TMZ that Academy producers never reached a consensus and that Smith was eventually deliberately told to stay. That tracks with a report from CNN, which said Academy officials were seated around the theater on Sunday night and “couldn’t mobilize to make a decision” before Smith won Best Actor. Meanwhile, a new video released Wednesday showed Jada Pinkett Smith visibly laughing as her husband returned to his seat—just as Chris Rock said, “Will Smith just slapped the *advertiser censored* out of me.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back