Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
I hope the Feds take a good long look at why the mother is not in NamUs. I personally think either SCPD misplaced her remains or decided they needed to keep her out for reasons to protect the department in some way.

I hope the Feds take a good long look at why the mother is not in NamUs. I personally think either SCPD misplaced her remains or decided they needed to keep her out for reasons to protect the department in some way.

I noticed your post (from May 2013, linked below). So, we understand that by choice, SCPD has never created a NamUs profile. Maybe the feds will determine if the ME even examined the remains?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?283333-The-Toddler&p=11872325#post11872325

"I've been in contact with NamUs regarding getting the unidentified mother victim into their database. And they have been very responsive and have been speaking with the medical examiner re: this issue. However at this point and time the detectives will not sign off on creating a profile. Apparently there must be something that they do not wish to present to the public. Your guess is as good as mine but at least it does not appear to be something that was an oversight or laziness on the part of SCPD.

Why Natasha Jugo has not been entered into NamUs will probly be my next question. Again, I must say, really great people over there at NamUs."

I noticed your post (from May 2013, linked below). So, we understand that by choice, SCPD has never created a NamUs profile. Maybe the feds will determine if the ME even examined the remains?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?283333-The-Toddler&p=11872325#post11872325

"I've been in contact with NamUs regarding getting the unidentified mother victim into their database. And they have been very responsive and have been speaking with the medical examiner re: this issue. However at this point and time the detectives will not sign off on creating a profile. Apparently there must be something that they do not wish to present to the public. Your guess is as good as mine but at least it does not appear to be something that was an oversight or laziness on the part of SCPD.

Why Natasha Jugo has not been entered into NamUs will probly be my next question. Again, I must say, really great people over there at NamUs."

Yep and then in October of 2013 I was told that there was a new ME. Then in April of this year I was sent the following email from my contact at NamUs:

Apr 15

to me
Okay when you are able see what specifics you can find me because the ME's office is saying they are all there and I have no way to contradict them.

Sent from my iPhone

So the new ME believed all the victims to be entered into NamUs - which we all know she's not. When I pushed further for answers from NamUs, my contact said she had nothing further to share with me and I felt a little stonewalled. I should send her another correspondence now that there's movement and see what she has to say.

Fieldnotes, chances are ME #2 was not allowed to enter the information for the same reason ME#1 was not allowed to.

Fieldnotes, chances are ME #2 was not allowed to enter the information for the same reason ME#1 was not allowed to.

No, ME 2 was under the misguided impression that all the victims had been entered.

Probably because the circumstances of her disappearance suggested likely drowning and her body did in fact wash up a few months later.

It would be interesting to see how the ME office would respond if CODIS offered their assistance. Their response would be telling.

This is the answer I just got from NamUs:

"Yes, that case is not a Suffolk County PD case. ME said they are still planning on entering it. Not much more I can do until they do."

So it sounds like maybe it's because she was found on Nassau County side that there has been a delay since it's a different PD. I guess that could be... who freakin knows loll

Fieldnotes, theres a coverup. What are the chances the FBI will be made aware that one of the victims was never put into the system?

Two victims were found in Nassau Co. One is in NAMUS and one is not. Their excuses are just that.

THE BISSET ANGLE. You folks remember how they were saying Bisset was involved. Then you heard Spota come out and say Bisset is NOT a suspect. You may remember I said I predicted the PD/DA would find a dead man to be the killer. I have re-considered my opinion. What I think happens is some cops DID start the rumor going viral. Some believe he was the killer, or had something to do with it. But this was never intended to get out because if one can make any link to LISK then one might make a link to people they are covering up for whatever reason. Looking at Bisset might open up a can of worms.

Fieldnotes, theres a coverup. What are the chances the FBI will be made aware that one of the victims was never put into the system?

100% because at some point I'll drop them a line just to make sure.

Drop them a line about how they held back JD 2000 tat as well

I could be completely wrong about this BUT my assumption was that Dormer "believed" (guessed) she had a tattoo on her right foot BECAUSE it was missing from the body found Nov 2000, AND...

the remains (head, hands and right foot) discovered April 2011 were merely skull and bones (no flesh), therefore there is nothing remaining of a tattoo to release/disclose.

My thoughts are based only on what I read here including the linked news reports:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?283330-Jane-Doe-6

*I think Dormer's a ding-dong, but I really don't believe there was any flesh to see on the April 2011 remains... simply due to 11 year time frame.

Fitzpatrick claims in the original news article they are withholding for id purposes. I linked it recently. Someone suggested he was a red herring, but i could see them withholding the tat, fitzpatrick also made the statement there was no serial killer, even though it was obvious by the jt murder there was. they've been covering this up a long time

Fitzpatrick claims in the original news article they are withholding for id purposes. I linked it recently. Someone suggested he was a red herring, but i could see them withholding the tat, fitzpatrick also made the statement there was no serial killer, even though it was obvious by the jt murder there was. they've been covering this up a long time

OOhh didn't see link... where??

"n November 19th, 2000, hunters came across the decapitated body of a female that had been placed in garbage bags and left in a wooded area near Halsey-Manor Road in Manorville. Four days later and only a couple of miles away, a young male corpse was also discovered by hunters, approximately one-and-a-half miles east of the Shirley exit (68) on the Long Island Expressway. The man’s body, described as white or Hispanic, five-and-a-half to six feet tall, 130-150 pounds, with a surgical staple imbedded in his chin, was disrobed of all clothing save a pair of Gap boxer shorts. He was later revealed to have been a victim of strangulation."

http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news18.html

Fitzpatrick is still withholding the image of a tattoo located on the female victim for verification purposes if they ever get a call through Crimestoppers)

"n November 19th, 2000, hunters came across the decapitated body of a female that had been placed in garbage bags and left in a wooded area near Halsey-Manor Road in Manorville. Four days later and only a couple of miles away, a young male corpse was also discovered by hunters, approximately one-and-a-half miles east of the Shirley exit (68) on the Long Island Expressway. The man’s body, described as white or Hispanic, five-and-a-half to six feet tall, 130-150 pounds, with a surgical staple imbedded in his chin, was disrobed of all clothing save a pair of Gap boxer shorts. He was later revealed to have been a victim of strangulation."

http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news18.html

Fitzpatrick is still withholding the image of a tattoo located on the female victim for verification purposes if they ever get a call through Crimestoppers)

But that's dated 2002, they didn't have a right leg in 2002. None of the reports combined make sense... as usual.

I just want to take this moment and link again to the mushroom hunter who found the male that was in my opinion dumped with JT. This body was found in November like Jane And John 2000, why in november?

http://nypost.com/2003/11/11/nightmare-on-l-i-e-latest-nude-body-hints-at-serial-slay/

Although the mushroom hunter, who asked to remain anonymous, first spotted the body a week and a half ago, he didn’t tell police about his discovery until yesterday.

He told The Post he was “too terrified,” but finally spoke up because he was “having nightmares.”

The mushroom hunter told The Post he thought the victim was a girl “because the feet were small.” He said he also didn’t see any fingers on the body, but thought they may have been buried under the brush.

Fitzpatrick said it was not clear whether the body had been buried by naturally falling foliage and tree limbs, or by someone trying to hide a murder.

The body was found 400 yards south of the LIE, near Toppings Path – about three miles east of the woods where the bodies of the two decapitated women had been dumped.

Their remains were located a mile apart, just north of the LIE, near Halsey Manor Road.

Because both were nude, headless and handless, and had been similarly mutilated, police believe they may have been victims of a serial killer.

Investigators also have also been checking for links between the two brutal slayings and a 1997 murder in Hempstead Lake State Park in which a woman, whose hands, feet and head had been chopped off, was dumped in woods near the Southern State Parkway.

The victim in the most recent of the three murders was described as white or Hispanic, 20 to 30 years of age, 5-foot-5, between 110 and 125 pounds, with brown hair.

My note: Petite Male?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back