• Not enough information to make an arrest at this time

Votes: 61 26.6%
  • Maybe next week there will be an arrest

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • I'm unclear on exactly what LE have and would rather not comment

Votes: 32 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What proof do they have that this "solicitation of capital murder" even occurred? Unless the landscaper was wearing a wire, there is no tape recording, no eye/ear witness, nothing to prove that what he says is true, AFAIK. It's his word against hers. I doubt that those charges will stick, or they would have arrested her as soon as they found out about it. I don't think a grand jury would indict her without some solid proof.

I'm not holding my breath until they arrest her or charge her for Kyron's disappearance either... they need some solid evidence and I doubt they have that right now. Cell phone pings are not enough... it only proves her phone was there, not that she was. Now, if she was texting someone about it... that would be a different story.

When they get ready to label her a suspect... she's already cuffed and on her way to jail, count on it.

Does anyone think it is a coincidence that there were poster comments about a 'sighting' in Vermont (I don't have a link, sorry), and the fact that TH's lawyer is on the East Coast today? On the 4th of July holiday?

Was this reported on an Oregon news channel or newspaper? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Was this reported on an Oregon news channel or newspaper? Do you have a link? Thanks.

It was reported here- http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

"Terri Horman retained prominent criminal defense lawyer Stephen Houze on Wednesday. Repeated attempts to reach Houze, who was on the East Coast, were unsuccessful. A woman who answered the door at Terri Horman's house Saturday referred questions to her attorney."

What proof do they have that this "solicitation of capital murder" even occurred? Unless the landscaper was wearing a wire, there is no tape recording, no eye/ear witness, nothing to prove that what he says is true, AFAIK. It's his word against hers. I doubt that those charges will stick, or they would have arrested her as soon as they found out about it. I don't think a grand jury would indict her without some solid proof.

I'm not holding my breath until they arrest her or charge her for Kyron's disappearance either... they need some solid evidence and I doubt they have that right now. Cell phone pings are not enough... it only proves her phone was there, not that she was. Now, if she was texting someone about it... that would be a different story.

When they get ready to label her a suspect... she's already cuffed and on her way to jail, count on it.

They have a tape recorded conversation between Terry and the landscaper. I imagine that whatever was said during that convo was incriminating.

MOO

It was reported here- http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

"Terri Horman retained prominent criminal defense lawyer Stephen Houze on Wednesday. Repeated attempts to reach Houze, who was on the East Coast, were unsuccessful. A woman who answered the door at Terri Horman's house Saturday referred questions to her attorney."

Houze's website states that he went to college and law school back east.Possible that he has family there ? I just don't see him personally following up on every supposed sighting of Kyron. He does have other clients....

All JMO

Yes. but Houze has his own team of PI's, and they are,I'm sure highly skilled... He will be looking for any exculpatory evidence, and anything he can use to raise reasonable doubt, in case this ever goes to trial...

All JMO

I suppose they can do that, but he may be looking for info on a "baseball game" and the game really is "tennis".. I'm trying to make an analogy here.

Until they know what LE has, what direction would they possibly go off on?

They have SM's direction to go by, but that may be way off base.

I think that she thinks that she is pretty clever.

The defense, if she is ever charges, will cost a fortune. I would think that the money would be more wisely spent when she is actually charged.

I suppose they can do that, but he may be looking for info on a "baseball game" and the game really is "tennis".. I'm trying to make an analogy here.

Until they know what LE has, what direction would they possibly go off on?

I think that she thinks that she is pretty clever.

The defense, if she is ever charges, will cost a fortune. I would think that the money would be more wisely spent when she is actually charged.

At this point,her lawyer's investigators would be looking at the possibility of there being other perps who LE never looked at. They would be going over the timeline of that morning with a fine tooth comb, In this case they would be especially interested in the school building,and the backgrounds of all other parents and volunteers. These are some things they will probably start with. They will not wait until the case does go to trial to start doing this work ; it is a possible capital murder case....

All JMO

Houze's website states that he went to college and law school back east.Possible that he has family there ? I just don't see him personally following up on every supposed sighting of Kyron. He does have other clients....

All JMO

My guess is that he already had plans for the 4th of July weekend prior to being retained by TH...

They have a tape recorded conversation between Terry and the landscaper. I imagine that whatever was said during that convo was incriminating.

MOO

Yes, especially since Kaine took the baby and left that very day. LE must have gotten some indication she may be guilty of solicitation for murder even if they didn't get definite proof.

I think that LE is waiting for the body to be found, and when it is, there will be an arrest within 24 hours.

Could they not go ahead and arrest her for Obstruction of Justice and Hindering a Criminal Investigation, since she has lied about where she was at that day and had apparently failed 2 polys....This would at least get her booked and in front of a Judge?

Could they not go ahead and arrest her for Obstruction of Justice and Hindering a Criminal Investigation, since she has lied about where she was at that day and had apparently failed 2 polys....This would at least get her booked and in front of a Judge?

The polygraph results don't furnish probable cause for arrest. The results aren't admissible in court because they are unreliable for proof purposes, although can aid LE in their investigation.

If they can prove that she was lying and that proof (not the lies) furnishes probable cause that she committed a crime, they can arrest her anytime within the statute of limitations for that crime. Also, at this point, she may be worth more to LE free than caged.

All this IMO. I think they are waiting until they find Kyron.

I guess the LE is not afraid of Terri taking off to Mexico or someplace else.

I'm sure they're keeping a pretty close eye on her. If she heads to the airport, I bet they will arrest her.

Putting her in front of a judge for lesser charges won't do anything to advance the investigation, IMO. And she would be bonded out anyway. I can't see her being arrested for lesser charges that would not involve much in the way of jail time, as what would be the point? I think they are waiting until they have something that supports either the landscaper's claims or Kyron...either one would be a serious charge.

At this point,her lawyer's investigators would be looking at the possibility of there being other perps who LE never looked at. All JMO

This is all very, very expensive. I think the lawyer and his PIs will get started after the check clears the bank. Unless the client is rich and/or the lawyer is unusual, criminal defense lawyers don't do anything unless they are paid in advance.

Also, we don't know the scope of the representation. The contract between TH and her attorney may be limited only to the period of time prior to her possible arrest. In that case, no investigative work would need to be done and paid for in advance. If she is arrested, a new contract would be signed, and hopefully she will already know what it will cost after that, so she has time to come up with the money.

This is all very, very expensive. I think the lawyer and his PIs will get started after the check clears the bank. Unless the client is rich and/or the lawyer is unusual, criminal defense lawyers don't do anything unless they are paid in advance.

Yeah, this might be why we haven't heard anything from him yet. She may be getting some funds together. It takes at least a 1-2 weeks to cash out retirement funds, refinance a house, etc.

They will find out what they can, once the lawyer starts investigating, and they will look for any exculpatory evidence they can find. They will start with TH's story and work from there, for sure.

Yeah, this might be why we haven't heard anything from him yet. She may be getting some funds together. It takes at least a 1-2 weeks to cash out retirement funds, refinance a house, etc.

I hope, if she is actually guilty (which she knows for sure), she doesn't scam her parents or other relatives or friends, for the money.

Many parents and relatives will practically bankrupt themselves to pay for a defense lawyer for a factually guilty defendant. Of course, they don't always know the defendant is factually guilty, but the defendant sure knows it.

Everyone on the defendant's side is always very scared, the defendant usually says he is innocent, and the family usually believes him no matter what. Sometimes the defendant is innocent. It's a situation ripe for exploitation.

I'm not saying that TH is a defendant or will be a defendant. I think it is likely, and I am just used to speaking in terms of defendants.

I'm sure they're keeping a pretty close eye on her. If she heads to the airport, I bet they will arrest her.

Innocent or guilty, I'd hate to be in her shoes. Can you imagine how persecuted and paranoid one would feel every minute of every day?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back