Witness tampering alleged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not true! the DT is acting in KC's behalf. This would mean she was not "in jeopardy" since the jury was already tainted so double jeopardy would not apply. verdict would be null and void and case can be retried. :)

Manatee , I love your avatar ! I would say those two are soul (less) mates !

IIRC it was the defense team that brought it to the attention of the court that this document may have been altered. So if its witness tampering, its not aimed at the defense, its possibly aimed at Texas Equisearch.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Not true. Defense tried to introduce it as evidence there was no water and this witness could confirm no remains were in the area at the that time because she claimed to have been at the exact location where Caylee remains were found. She was a defense witness, not for the State. Defense sent their PI to verify that she had the form which TES never had a copy of. Other searches verified that LB was trying to pressure people into saying they were at that location when they were not. Defense used her form to get thousands of dollars to do searches of all the TES documents and further searches on volunteers backgrounds. She is also mentioned in discovery as contacting CA. The basis of the investigation has to do with her submitting a false TES form to the defense team. It's going to be a mess for sure. jmo

There's not a law but there is a court rule. It says opening statements are not evidence and should not be considered as such. The fact that the jury put weight behind it is on the jury, not the defense lawyer.

I agree, it is on the jury, however I don't feel that fantasy and slander, not backed up by any evidence or testimony, should be allowed in the court room from either side. The jurors are instructed not to consider opening statements as evidence, yet this case has shown quite clearly that they do.

Not true. Defense tried to introduce it as evidence there was no water and this witness could confirm no remains were in the area at the that time because she claimed to have been at the exact location where Caylee remains were found. She was a defense witness, not for the State. Defense sent their PI to verify that she had the form which TES never had a copy of. Other searches verified that LB was trying to pressure people into saying they were at that location when they were not. Defense used her form to get thousands of dollars to do searches of all the TES documents and further searches on volunteers backgrounds. She is also mentioned in discovery as contacting CA. The basis of the investigation has to do with her submitting a false TES form to the defense team. It's going to be a mess for sure. jmo

this is just another example of how this defense team "plays." they do not undertand the meaning of professionalism or ethics. this is why I firmly believe that JB messed with this jury just like I believe he "messed" with KC while she was in his office all those hours. moo

not true! the DT is acting in KC's behalf. This would mean she was not "in jeopardy" since the jury was already tainted so double jeopardy would not apply. verdict would be null and void and case can be retried. :)

Well, what AZ lawyer said was if the defense admits to bribing witnesses or the jury, the case could be voided...but she also states that "this did not happen", in her opinion, which I share.

My two cents.
Convicted Felon Casey got away with murder.
Cindy <mod snip> Anthony got away with lying and tampering with a crime scene.
Nothing will happen about anything else either.
All of these people are above the law.
I have nothing nice to say about anyone or thing about this case, so I'm off to do something else.

Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

Respectfully snipped:

I am "hoping" that there is an investigation going on with respect to witness tampering ... but I am NOT going to "hold my breath" !

It would be nice if they could look into tampering by JB and ICA -- particularly with Cindy, George and Lee !

I know ... I'm dreaming ... wishful thinking!

We know Cindy committed "perjury" but will NOT be prosecuted ... :banghead:

I believe that Cindy was sending signals to ICA in the courtroom ... this was caught on the "Cindy-Cam" by some of the cameramen ...

I am also wondering the NOTES Cindy was diligently taking in court were also NOTES or LETTERS to ICA and JB ? :banghead:

As to Lee, I wonder what in the world he and JB discussed ? :banghead:

I know this will not happen but the whole motley crew needs to be investigated for tampering ...

But I know in reality it will NEVER happen ...

:maddening::banghead::maddening::banghead:

Well, what AZ lawyer said was if the defense admits to bribing witnesses or the jury, the case could be voided...but she also states that "this did not happen", in her opinion, which I share.

again that is AZ's opinion. the fact is that it is possible to have FCA retried if it can be proven that the defense tampered with the jury. my hope is that is too soon to tell and that it is still possible that it did happen. this jury is just too weird. I just smell something JBish...moo

Thanks, JBean. I was wondering about this after seeing a brief tweet about it during yesterday's conference with investigators. If this can be proven to be a "new" allegation and upon further investigation, proven, could Casey be tried again?

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with that one, but I try to cling to any life raft that floats past me.

I realize there is a difference between reality and fiction found on television, but my kids and I were watching Numbers on Netflix and saw an episode where the defense team had engaged in witness tampering and it caused the acquittal to be reversed and a mistrial called.

The defendant was retried and found guilty. . .again I know it is just fiction. But could it be based in any level of reality?

just throwing this out there, what if George, Lee, or heaven forbid :floorlaugh: Cindy came forward and told LE Casey threatened them somehow to testify in a certain way, would that be witness tampering by the defendant herself that may get a verdict reversed?

just throwing this out there, what if George, Lee, or heaven forbid :floorlaugh: Cindy came forward and told LE Casey threatened them somehow to testify in a certain way, would that be witness tampering by the defendant herself that may get a verdict reversed?

How would they prove it? (And who would believe them...)

LOL, and what makes you think KC would admit to doing that unless they had it in writing. She's not beyond throwing her own team under the bus. My guess is now, she's getting out and the whole team is wearing Depends because they can't control themselves. I'd be afraid, very afraid of this woman. She's not done by a long shot. And what can they do. She is there responsibility now, LE made that very clear. They have to find a media outlet that is willing to pay or dip into their 401K's to keep her safe, IMO. And we are not talking for a week, two weeks. A long, long time. jmo

Maybe LE said they won't be charging Cindy with perjury because they are charging her with witness tampering? lol, just a thought

It's just me, but I find it hard to believe you can tamper with a jury that had no depth and no common sense.

As far as I'm concerned, when the jury panel received the case for deliberation they all had the same expression - "Duh?"
jmo

Maybe LE said they won't be charging Cindy with perjury because they are charging her with witness tampering? lol, just a thought

If Cindy threatened George that if he didn't testify a certain way she'd cut him off from ........um....her chili, would that be considered witness tampering?

First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"

she also talked to Vinnie after her testimony and stated she had watched George's testimony the day before...which I thought was NOT allowed.

again that is AZ's opinion. the fact is that it is possible to have FCA retried if it can be proven that the defense tampered with the jury. my hope is that is too soon to tell and that it is still possible that it did happen. this jury is just too weird. I just smell something JBish...moo

The case cannot be voided and retried if the defendent was not aware of any tampering. The defense however would be subject to be held accountable for their actions. Tampering is very hard to prove in any case and IMO it didn't happen so it's a moat point.

Her testimony also had a big effect on the jury and, in large part, increased their suspicion of George. It's been said by some jury members that their believe George was lying is what kept them from convicting Casey.
That is the exact thing I do not GET about this jury's decision. The ones we have heard from have said they coulld not consider HER behavior (ie-lies and partying) because that did not prove the thing they were trying to prove, but they turn around and then say Georges lies effected ALL of our decision. Casey the mother who is on trial? Her lies don't matter-they don't enter in, but George, a witness, who has been accused in OPEN COURT on NATIONAL TELEVISION of having had his pen^s in her mouth at age 13, and having touched her inappropriateley at the age of 8, and of having an affair while his granddaughter was missing, and of all manner of other creepy thing, we have to take HIS behavior on the stand into our decision? It defies all reason and logic... (IT being this jury.) :banghead:

I believe this has to do with Lee Anthony for one.
grand, I posted on a thread the very day of his testimony & some people were kinda upset at me, I think because I made the remark that his testimony now is nothing like it use to be....he was so evasive & for sure deliberately helping Casey. Which may be why he decided to get another attorney on the day the verdict was read! hmmm? maybe he knew it was comin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1