WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will continue on the same bond for her child neglect charges, and theft charges. If the grand jury indicts her, a warrant will issue with a preset bond amount or a new bond amount would be issued at the bond hearing for the new charge.

Won't she be arrested on the new charges before the indictment? If she is, she would go back to jail and have to wait for a bond hearing on those new charges, where bond would certainly be denied. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Law & Order, but I thought the suspect is always arrested before an indictment.

Me too. I've been saying from day one, for the past couple of months, when the pressure is on, she's bolt. I hope they are watching her closely and I hope the parents also have their keys in a lock box with a code she doesn't know.

Does that ankle monitor she's wearing have a GPS in it???

And as far as the lockbox......I'm sure Cindy would be making extra sets of the keys to give KC, not hide them from her!!

She will continue on the same bond for her child neglect charges, and theft charges. If the grand jury indicts her, a warrant will issue with a preset bond amount or a new bond amount would be issued at the bond hearing for the new charge.

Thank you, makes perfect sense, YYYYYYESSSSS!!!!:D

The one thing there wasn't which I was looking for was diapers. There were no diapers, no pull ups, which CA said Caylee still used.

Hey, could this have been why Det. Yuri went back to light duty this week? With his injury he could have easily taken more time off to recoup, but I guess he could not stay home and do nothing, he had to be involved with the breaking of this news.

ITA - if you look at our WS polls, it's clear that more than 90% of those voting think she's deceased, go here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69125

and around 67
Code:
%+ of us think it was premeditated, go here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71849[/QUOTE]

I believe those numbers will rise after all of the evidence is presented. I am confident that LE will get their Murder 1 indictment. They have worked tirelessly to make sure that they have an ironclad case. I am thankful we have finally reached this point. There will be justice for Caylee.

except no bond will be allowed for a capital offense

In response to the question asked by someone earlier in the thread:

Although there is right to a reasonable bond in most cases, there are certain offenses where a person can be denied bond to the severity of the offense. These types of crimes are often referred to as "non-bondable offenses" and include crimes such as murder, armed drug trafficking, and burglary with a battery.

http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/html/bail-bonds-bondsman.html

This is the best news!

In the Drew/Stacy Peterson case, reporters stationed themselves in the parking lot outside the courthouse to report on who was seen going into the grand jury chambers. They were able to establish who had testified before the grand jury. I'm hoping that will be the same with this case.

Or, maybe one of our members here who's in Orlando will be so kind to drive down to the courthouse (or wherever the grand jury meets) to see who comes and goes. ;)

The Grand Jury is secret - It is more likely they won't let anyone know who is coming or going.

If the witnesses choose to be seen that is one thing, but if they don't they will protect them.

It is entirely possible they have been meeting for a while and taking testimony for a while. Just because they announced they will take it to the GJ does not mean it has not been already meeting for a month or so.

If a body were to be found, is it admissible to the JG while they are in session? Or would it have to be held back once the GJ is seated?

I'll bet there's a cam on the back yard as well,and if their smart there is infrared to detect for bodies in the vehicles that exit the Anthony compound.

Holy Canolli!
I had a dream last night that charges were coming, and when they went to arrest her, LE gave CA & GA a plaque for their good job of playing along, and then CA kicked KC in the butt as she was led away in cuffs.

Wonder what she will wear and which strut she'll choose for her perp walk. :D

Justice for that sweet baby!
YEEEAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

i TOTALLY EXPECT A HALF ASSED SUICIDE ATTEMPT. THANK GOODNESS SHE IS ABOUT TO BE ARRESTED.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that house right now!!!

ITA - if you look at our WS polls, it's clear that more than 90% of those voting think she's deceased, go here:

and around 67
Code:
%+ of us think it was premeditated, go here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71849[/QUOTE]

I agree with the deceased part, but GJ isnt only going to decide if she is dead or alive... They are going to hear whether there is enough evidence to charge KC for doing it.  I have stated over and over, IMO, in the dox dump we have seen, there is not enough evidence.Even the leaks there is still alot reasonable doubt.    Im praying and hoping there is a ton more the GJ will hear and honestly have no doubt there is. 

KC will remain on bond, (unless its revoked by the signer or bondsman, doubtful) until the GJ hands down a decision and the SA decides to move forward with the reccomendation of the GJ.  If they do formal charges will be filed and she will be arrested at that point.

Question, I know nothing about this stuff...can they arrest her before the GJ convenes? What if she tries to kill herself or flee?

I used to work for a District Attorney here in my city and I worked Grand Jury - the GJ has a wide leeway to hear any and all evidence that the LE/State's attorney wants to present. There is no "defense" objecting to evidence, fighting to get evidence thrown out, etc. The GJ will hear testimony from many, many witnesses that the SA wants to put in front of them to make sure they get a "true bill" which will bind them over to stand trial once formal charges are brought. Also, GJ members have the option of asking to hear testimony or see evidence from anyone they deem necessary to answer any questions THEY may have. Like I say, it is a wide berth to hear MUCHO evidence that LE has.:D:D

There is NO WAY a GJ won't indict KC.;)

Won't she be arrested on the new charges before the indictment? If she is, she would go back to jail and have to wait for a bond hearing on those new charges, where bond would certainly be denied. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Law & Order, but I thought the suspect is always arrested before an indictment.

The way I understand it is that the Grand Jury will meet--listen to the evidence presented then decide if there

A)Will be a Murder charge
B)Will be a Manslaughter charge
C)No charges at all

Once the GJ makes its decision LE will go arrest KC for what the GJ said(("KC you're under arrest for Murder"))

Then they will hold any hearings on that case...bond(not),motions etc then it goes to trial

and around 67%+ of us think it was premeditated, go here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71849

I believe those numbers will rise after all of the evidence is presented. I am confident that LE will get their Murder 1 indictment. They have worked tirelessly to make sure that they have an ironclad case. I am thankful we have finally reached this point. There will be justice for Caylee.

ITA - which is one reason I'm looking/showing our poll figures now. They're only going to go higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13