WORLD WILL BE SHOCKED Padilla says ***Revisit Padilla's Claims**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ONLY way the world will be shocked is if LP doesn't do another interview!!!

IIRC, he really thought she was a young mother who needed help finding her daughter. He thought, naively, that he would bail her out, she would confide in him, and lead LE to the kidnapped child. Then he found it she was just a big con artist.

This seems to be a theme with bounty hunters...Dog Chapman, IIRC, also was kinda "easy" on KC, as he is with a lot of his clients, I think he made early comment about her maybe being innocent or an accident...LP thought he would give her the BOTD, and there is another bounty hunter-type out of Florida that I hear on Blogtalk a lot who thinks KC can walk. Is there something about being a bounty hunter that makes one extraordinarily open to being sympathetic or understanding or less judgemental? Is it the symbiotic relationship they have with criminals?

He is not a bad person. He just doesn't have any credibility in regards to this case. His theories hold no more weight than any random theory you read on the internet. As for getting her out of jail, he was told it was a bad idea, but he his ego was big enough to believe he could solve this and he wanted the glory. Bailing her out caused the media circus to get out of control and also created a circus at the Anthony household and neighborhood. It was a terrible idea, but his ego wouldn't listen.

I don't remember if he was supposed to get paid for bailing her out. His nephew chatted here back then and explained it all, but my memory is fuzzy.

His nephew is a bail bondsman. So however that works - I forget now myself.

THey got their money back by revoking the bond.

I don't think he tried to dirty up Tim. I remember Tim was put off by him when LP did his own search...in front of media cameras. Tim claimed Padilla talked about how much money they could make.

I remember that. I know exactly what happened. It wasn't LP wanting to make money. He was baiting TM by telling him, "Look at all the money YOU will make"...He thought TM would then partner with him and continue the search in the water at Blanchard Park.

TM had some personal problems at the time...and I think I will leave it at that. These two men both have egos the size of Texas..and both have big hearts.

Tim Miller spent WAY more time with the Anthony's that Leonard did. I would believe anything Tim Miller had to say about what went on in that house when he was there before I would believe Leonard's story.

If I'm not mistaken, seems like Leonard even tried to dirty up Tim Miller in some way? :waitasec: I can't remember right off...too late and brain too tired.

He did, but I don't remember specifics.

Baez and his client pulled a fast one, IMO. The agreement made was with Casey and she would talk if Padilla bailed her out. Baez wanted casey out of jail. She told LP she would talk...Baez told her not to (after she made bail)
I definitely could see that happening though I think he was naive to think she was innocent and would talk.

This seems to be a theme with bounty hunters...Dog Chapman, IIRC, also was kinda "easy" on KC, as he is with a lot of his clients, I think he made early comment about her maybe being innocent or an accident...LP thought he would give her the BOTD, and there is another bounty hunter-type out of Florida that I hear on Blogtalk a lot who thinks KC can walk. Is there something about being a bounty hunter that makes one extraordinarily open to being sympathetic or understanding or less judgemental? Is it the symbiotic relationship they have with criminals?

Yes, just like my dad had as a defense attorney. In reality, there ARE a lot of innocent, or partially innocent defendants, who get swept up into the justice system. And I am glad that there are people who are willing to help them get proper justice. But there are ,of course,lots and lots of liars and con artists and sociopaths sprinkled in as well.

Very insightful...and for the life of me, I don't get it. They should be very custody minded. I just scratch my head. I used to think LP was crazy like a fox...ala Columbo but now I don't know. He gives many criminals the benefit of the doubt out here. It drives me nuts. He gives a lot of time and money to help the down-and-outters. He enjoys the spotlight, yet is available to help people in need.

I wish they would put LP on the witness stand. I don't think he's any less credible than alot of others. He'd be funny as well. Nobody from his crew will be on the witness stand?

I thought he would get paid for getting KC out of jail with the intent of getting her to lead her to where Caylee was.....or for finding Caylee.
If media exposure was payment, then yes, he got "paid". It was his nephew who was the bail bonds person the first time.

ETA: are you thinking about the reward?

The winning Prosecution team does *not* need to put LP on the stand, let alone many others too numerous to mention who have caught public attention.

(God Forbid, we get our political news from HLN. OK, that's another subject)

Follow the case in court as so methodically laid-out by the SA's office. They don't need any ruffles in their presentation and have selected their witnesses accordingly.

If media exposure was payment, then yes, he got "paid". It was his nephew who was the bail bonds person the first time.

ETA: are you thinking about the reward?

no, not the reward. I just don't see how you would really need a bounty hunter in this case and I thought he would be paid somehow.

LP did not arrive on the scene wearing his Bounty Hunter hat. Perhaps his Lawyer hat, or... :-o

I wish they would put LP on the witness stand. I don't think he's any less credible than alot of others. He'd be funny as well. Nobody from his crew will be on the witness stand?
He wouldn't make a good witness IMO. He doesn't really have anything to add to the state's case and the defense would just bring up all of his crazy inconsistent statements.

no, not the reward. I just don't see how you would really need a bounty hunter in this case and I thought he would be paid somehow.
You understand perfectly...Leonard made himself available...he was willing to put up the money. He's also a lawyer...and has even run for office in California. A jack of all trades. LOL

PS- Thank goodness he had a short lived website...he was charging "membership" fees, but that went by the wayside when he got bad press for doing so.

He wouldn't make a good witness IMO. He doesn't really have anything to add to the state's case and the defense would just bring up all of his crazy inconsistent statements.
All hearsay IIRC.

You understand perfectly...Leonard made himself available...he was willing to put up the money. He's also a lawyer...and has even run for office in California. A jack of all trades. LOL

PS- Thank goodness he had a short lived website...he was charging "membership" fees, but that went by the wayside when he got bad press for doing so.

What was he charging membership fees for?

It was a message board, not a website per se.

Once it closed, iirc, Rob refunded everyone's fees to the penny.

What was he charging membership fees for?

IIRC to join his forum where he & his "associates" posted. I forgot how much it was, but after people made a fuss, he said they'd refund it all. I'm guessing they did, or we'd have heard of a lot of angry folks. I know a couple of people who got refunds, so guessing he made good on his word, but not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back