Would You Visit Casey if You Were Cindy, George, or Lee?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing me, I think if I were Cindy I would just keep going to see Casey and just keep confronting her to see if I could snap her back to reality. Not that I think it would do any good probably, but my instinct would just be to keep doing that and to be completely truthful with her. I wouldn't be able to stop myself. To every illogical thing she said I would say, "But that doesn't make any sense because...." And I would explain why. And I would discuss how she appeared to have lost her mind, how she seemed to be in some kind of weird fog where she was obsessed with trivial matters and with herself, while showing no interest in urgently important things such as Caylee being missing. I would discuss how this seemed to have had its onset during the time Caylee went missing, how strange and inappropriate her affect and mood was, and how illogical her statements to police had been, and how it made everyone think she was the one who had harmed Caylee, etc. I would discuss her bizarre detachment regarding Caylee's disappearance, how she had never asked questions, never showed any interest or concern, never discussed wanting the perpetrator to be found, etc. I would continually ask if she could understand why, what could have caused it, what could have happened. Had she started using methamphetamine in June 08? Did she think anyone might have drugged her with Rufinol or LSD or anything else? Had anything else happened to her? etc. I would keep asking questions regarding June, day by day questions, all the minute details, tell me again about Zanny's car accident, etc. Everything. I do think the defense have gotten Casey to refuse visits. Or else outlined so many instructions for Casey's family if they do visit that it would be ridiculous, i.e., don't say or ask anything about Caylee, the case, etc. And that would be impossible really. I mean, if I were them I definitely wouldn't be able to sit there and BS with Casey and not discuss things in a straightforward manner. I'm not sure if continuing to have family visits could have hurt Casey's case any worse than the defense have hurt her case by having her sit silently in jail all this time without talking or explaining anything. If she'd continued to have videotaped family visits the tapes might have shown how illogical and confused she is. She might have told 10 more versions of what happened.

ITA, but now we know that ain't happening. CA is, according to her letters, as convoluted as KC.

Well, after this latest doc dump, I am not sure.

If I were Cindy, of course I would. It would be vital to keeping up appearances. It would allow her to play the martyr. It would show the world that she and KC are united. IMO and certainly after reading her letters, it must be eating her up to be shut out like this. She mentions that it is a tactical error AND subtextually she must suspect that KC wants it this way. Especially if she's read KC's letter to Robyn where she claims to have done all she can to keep the family together (which IMO was KC's way of concretizing and providing an excuse for the rift she desires and created, without taking any responsibility for it).

As for George: before 3/24/10 you betcha. Now? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he does, God only knows what if anything she would say to further implicate him, likely in code (i.e. when she cryptically said, "Don't worry, I haven't told anyone" during an early visit). If he doesn't, he'll be perceived as ashamed or guilty.

Lee? From what Nathaniel said, from the Fuhrman interviews and book, and just looking at how he had been living his life pre-July 15 2008, Lee checked out of this family a while ago, and checked back in only briefly. I think he has a very strong and very accurate opinion about his sister and I don't think he would waste his time on her any more, especially after the accusations.

After all this time and still no visits allowed by KC............no letters written to her oparents???
Where they involed that night?
Does KC blame them for her mess?

it's a moot question--KC refuses visits..so the Anthonys do what they can to "show support" from afar. Were I in their shoes I would likely do the same without all the chest beating that occurred early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth